Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a new battery and installed it for the switch, that was really nerve-wracking.

also
i restarted my switch so now it boots fine. everything seems to work fine, but.
but. it's not charging on the dock. I'm really nervous to take it off the dock to see if it charges as well bc i don't want to be back at square one.
If the usb c port was damaged though, it wouldn't even appear on the TV, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new battery and installed it for the switch, that was really nerve-wracking.

also
i restarted my switch so now it boots fine. everything seems to work fine, but.
but. it's not charging on the dock. I'm really nervous to take it off the dock to see if it charges as well bc i don't want to be back at square one.
If the usb c port was damaged though, it wouldn't even appear on the TV, right?

Power and video signal are two different things. USC-C has multiple pins and multiple functions behind it. Now youknow it’s very unlikely to be the battery.

Reactions: impeeza

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as already told you in previous post:
Switch firwmare version: 13.2.1
Atmosphere firmware version: 1.2.6
Hetake firmware version: 5.7.0
once upgraded with your link, the versions were also newer
I tried the sw you linked, against SD card I have always used to run games, here you are the results:
Warning: Only 22310 of 29567 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
Can you please exactly tell me which guide I have to follow like a monkey to have my Switch perfectly works? A guide that everyone follwed and no problems arisen with all games perfectly working?

Thank you very much.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as already told you in previous post:
Switch firwmare version: 13.2.1
Atmosphere firmware version: 1.2.6
Hetake firmware version: 5.7.0
once upgraded with your link, the versions were also newer
I tried the sw you linked, against SD card I have always used to run games, here you are the results:
Warning: Only 22310 of 29567 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.4 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
Can you please exactly tell me which guide I have to follow like a monkey to have my Switch perfectly works? A guide that everyone follwed and no problems arisen with all games perfectly working?

Thank you very much.

Please share precisely what state your Switch is in after going through https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

Did you See any errors? What happens when you install and launch a game?

Screenshots will be helpful.

Many many many folks have gone through this guide successfully, ending up with all games working perfectly,

Last edited by binkinator,

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ola folks! Haven't done any custom firmwareness since the 3ds days so I've some questions if someone would be able to answer :)

I have a release day switch and really want to use the xbox gamepass with it so I assume the only way to do this it to install a specific Linux version to then grab the app from the play store?

Is there a way to switch/boot between the OG firmware (if i fancied playing normal games) and Linux or is it a "only one thing allowed on it at one time?"

If so which would be the best method I should go with?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ola folks! Haven't done any custom firmwareness since the 3ds days so I've some questions if someone would be able to answer :)

I have a release day switch and really want to use the xbox gamepass with it so I assume the only way to do this it to install a specific Linux version to then grab the app from the play store?

Is there a way to switch/boot between the OG firmware (if i fancied playing normal games) and Linux or is it a "only one thing allowed on it at one time?"

If so which would be the best method I should go with?

Best way to dual boot Linux is https://switchroot.org/

I believe it’s Ubuntu 18.04

Not sure about it running Xbox game pass as I’ve not done that specifically

e: seems folks are running Xbox game pass on Android, which also happens to be https://switchroot.org/

Zane1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this . Is there a way to pick what update for the game gets installed? Like for example if they're on the 4th update and you want to install 1 and 2?

Last edited by Zane1987,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,

totally noob here. I have read a few articles etc but I am getting more and more confused.
I will buy a second hand Switch soon and trying to understand what I should consider (I guess the original Switch is my best option)

My ultimate goal is not to get banned while being able to play games. I understand that I will need to push a paylod (is this the fusee gelle? does it work with all OFW?) and have an Android phone nearby (not sure how well that will work, but I am pretty confident that my Linux skills and my rooted Mi A1 will come in handy). once the paylod is pushed, I can enter Atmosphere (is that accurate? fussee gelee comes with Atmosphere?) will be able to play any game I wish as an XCI with tinfoil and the external disk drive formatted as eXFAT.

Question #1: What good do chips such hwfly do?
Question #2: Once you exit the payload/atmosphere, is there a trace that the Switch will tell Nintendo that I have hacked the platform? Or does the payload stay in the perm memory?
Question #3: I have read that if you do not install sigpatches, then you don't get banned. However, you can't play your games without sigpatches, right? Is there a guide for all these things?
Question #4: Should I aim for the 2019 version of the console or not?

Last edited by nickieemp,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

totally noob here. I have read a few articles etc but I am getting more and more confused.
I will buy a second hand Switch soon and trying to understand what I should consider (I guess the original Switch is my best option)
yes, V1 Erista is most straightforward.
My ultimate goal is not to get banned while being able to play games.
all hacks will give you this end state.
the hacks provided here will be able to play games.
I understand that I will need to push a paylod (is this the fusee gelle? does it work with all OFW?) and have an Android phone nearby (not sure how well that will work, but I am pretty confident that my Linux skills and my rooted Mi A1 will come in handy). once the paylod is pushed, I can enter Atmosphere (is that accurate?
fusee only works with V1 Erista. With V2 Mariko it requires an SX or HWFLY chip to glitch the stystem.
fussee gelee comes with Atmosphere?)
fusee geele is a techique. it doesn’t ”come with” any piece of software.

Read more here: https://github.com/Qyriad/fusee-launcher/blob/master/report/fusee_gelee.md
will be able to play any game I wish as an XCI with tinfoil and the external disk drive formatted as eXFAT.
XCI/Tinfoil is kinda the way SXOS (dead CFW) worked since it mounted XCIs. Atmosphere (only remaining viable CFW) does not mount XCI however with Sigpatches loaded you can install (not mount) backups made with XCI or NSP format.
Question #1: What good do chips such hwfly do?
they glitch the boot process to allow the running of arbitrary code.
Question #2: Once you exit the payload/atmosphere, is there a trace that the Switch will tell Nintendo that I have hacked the platform?
all traces are gone when you reboot. Atmosphere does not persist through a reboot.

Read this cover to cover and you will understand the lot.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

e:

1) make sure you make a backup of your Sysnand (just in case.)
2) keep your Sysnand clean for Online play with legit games.
3) questionable activities should be done on Emunand only, never on Sysnand.
4) on emunand make sure you’re running at least exosphere.ini and dns:mitm. (You can double bag it by adding Incognitor_RCM and 90DNS, if you want to be extra cautious)

Reactions: nickieemp

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all hacks will give you this end state.
So creating an EmuNAND? Yikes, I thought that this was the safest bet as it is a completely separate instance of your system (meaning you may create a different account etc). But I guess once you boot back to the OFW and connect to the Wi-Fi, Nintendo will know you have tampered with the system, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So creating an EmuNAND? Yikes, I thought that this was the safest bet as it is a completely separate instance of your system (meaning you may create a different account etc). But I guess once you boot back to the OFW and connect to the Wi-Fi, Nintendo will know you have tampered with the system, right?

that came out wrong. I meant to say that the Hack method given out on this forum will get you to your desired state…relatively safely (nothing is 100%)

Yes, creating an Emunand is the safest way. Follow the link provided above and you will end up making a working emunand that is unable to connect to Ninty servers. This is a good thing.

No, if you run Hekate (to avoid blowing Fuses) and Atmosphere (to enable running homebrew) there will be nothing left behind to indicate you have tampered with the system in any way.

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the guide the above user was talking about and its the same guide I recommend to all new users as not only was it the first guide but it has been regularly updated as the scene developed.

And there is technically a way to play with other CFW users but it doesn't involve using Nintendo's servers; it instead uses community-based servers so whether or not you can find active users is not guaranteed. But if you have a friend with CFW, you two can play together using this method. Its called Switch-LAN-Play and as the name suggests, it connects users together through games that support LAN play although there is a sysmodule that allows some games that support local wireless to also be used with this method.

As long as you never go online after using CFW and/or homebrew, you will be fine because any usage of CFW/homebrew can get you banned.
Thanks a lot for the link! I had a feeling that was the recommended guide, just wanted to make sure.

This is kind of an aside, but is it recommended to use separate SD cards if you want to use your Switch for both OFW and CFW, or is it safe enough to use like a dualboot setup on the same card? I was planning to have an official account with a few games I intend to buy and play online but I'd still like to be able to switch over to CFW sometimes. I figured it would be better if you can make separate partitions on the same card and just use one, rather than constantly having to swap out sd cards.

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all traces are gone when you reboot. Atmosphere does not persist through a reboot.

Read this cover to cover and you will understand the lot.
I did so , thank you, it seems very good! Still sometimes not understanding things, but much much much less. I guess I will see things in practice too.

No, if you run Hekate (to avoid blowing Fuses) and Atmosphere (to enable running homebrew) there will be nothing left behind to indicate you have tampered with the system in any way.
I think I get it now. Thank you very much!

One more thing:

Last edited by nickieemp,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did so , thank you, it seems very good! Still sometimes not understanding things, but much much much less. I guess I will see things in practice too.

I think I get it now. Thank you very much!

One more thing:
you bet! Yes, you can read all day but nothing beats actually getting underway doing the stuff.

wrt #4:

If you definitely want the OG V1 Erista hack you want something prior to August 2018. Anything after that will likely be a V2 and require soldering (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

Check here for guidelines: https://rentry.org/IsMySwitchPatched.

Reactions: nickieemp

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My battery is acting weirdly, I think. Switch, 1st revision. Has been sitting in my drawer for a year, without any gaming at all, haven't turned on that thing. Hacked it on August 2nd and haven't turned it off since. It lives in sleep mode and charges with the original charger. Play in handheld mode. Latest atmo and hekate. No auto RCM. Lately, it has been draining battery power much faster than usual. Is there a way to calibrate the battery? I doubt it is dead, I haven't frequently used the device.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an app to check current charging wattage rate when charging?
Yes, Hekate (the bootloader itself) has a page for this that will give you all the data required to calculate Watts.

1661174195080.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes