Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Android supports Xbox game pass? At any rate, you can try following this guide to setup Android.

• Second guide is better
  • Here is a link to a post of what another user blocks via their PiHole
  • That depends on what you plan to do with your console as there are a wide variety of homebrew apps
  • The main and only CFW remaining, Atmosphere, does not support piracy. Instead, users create patches to load with Atmosphere that enable piracy. These patches are not "sigpatches" (this is a made-up term to make it easier for 'noobs') but instead ES, FS, & Loader patches. ES patches enable pirating digital content while FS patches allow users to pirate games dumped as cartridges or install homebrew apps as titles. Loader patches are needed alongside FS patches after a certain firmware. You can find a link to these patches in this thread

Thank you Sir for answering all my questions. Later today, I'll go through the second guide and attempt to get my Switch up and running.

You've also been a great help whilst explaining ES, FS & Loader patches. Before I begin reading through this guide, do you know if all of this is covered there? Don't worry if you don't know, I'll go ahead and check. Ideally though, I'm looking for a comprehensive guide because I'm a complete and utter n00b when it comes to the Nintendo Switch. This will be a first for me.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I understand. But what can I do to install games bigger than 4.7 especially on atmosphere I can’t run xci on an external hard drive. That’s why I used my hdd (external if there’s any confusion) to put large games on and installed them via tinfoil. If I format the hdd to fat32 as well I’m stuck ?
Well you can split your .XCI files since SX OS offers that type of support but if you continue to use exFAT, you risk corruption. The only other piece of advice I can offer is to just be as careful as possible to avoid corruption.
quest about updating my modded switch from 13.1.0 to 13.2.0. is it safe to update directly on my console then update the atmosphere files? im sorry because im new to this. i tried searching but all guide that i found is just updating atmosphere. what is not clear to me is updating the console itself. sorry for my english.
If your console is hacked, I wouldn't recommend going online otherwise you risk getting banned. If you want a safe way to update your firmware in terms of avoiding a potential ban, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.
Hi guys,i'm looking for an android app that is compatible with sysDVR to record various gameplay with the Switch.
I'm only saying this in case this post gets buried. I personally do not know of any so it might be worth making your own thread or asking elsewhere.
Thank you Sir for answering all my questions. Later today, I'll go through the second guide and attempt to get my Switch up and running.

You've also been a great help whilst explaining ES, FS & Loader patches. Before I begin reading through this guide, do you know if all of this is covered there? Don't worry if you don't know, I'll go ahead and check. Ideally though, I'm looking for a comprehensive guide because I'm a complete and utter n00b when it comes to the Nintendo Switch. This will be a first for me.
What exactly do you mean by "all of this"? If you mean the differences between the patches, very few resources have the full breakdown. If you mean general Switch hacking, everything is pretty much explained from start to finish. Ironically, the only thing not covered in that guide are the patches although that's mainly due to the guide predating patches. Don't let that dissuade you from following that guide because not only is it one of the first guides but also Switch hacking hasn't changed since the main exploit, Fusee Gelee, was leaked way back in April 2019; all guides cover that same exploit although that guide also mentions the only other viable exploit called Deja Vu but it requires a firmware of 4.1 or below.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

yukumo06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well you can split your .XCI files since SX OS offers that type of support but if you continue to use exFAT, you risk corruption. The only other piece of advice I can offer is to just be as careful as possible to avoid corruption.

If your console is hacked, I wouldn't recommend going online otherwise you risk getting banned. If you want a safe way to update your firmware in terms of avoiding a potential ban, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere.

I'm only saying this in case this post gets buried. I personally do not know of any so it might be worth making your own thread or asking elsewhere.

What exactly do you mean by "all of this"? If you mean the differences between the patches, very few resources have the full breakdown. If you mean general Switch hacking, everything is pretty much explained from start to finish. Ironically, the only thing not covered in that guide are the patches although that's mainly due to the guide predating patches. Don't let that dissuade you from following that guide because not only is it one of the first guides but also Switch hacking hasn't changed since the main exploit, Fusee Gelee, was leaked way back in April 2019; all guides cover that same exploit although that guide also mentions the only other viable exploit called Deja Vu but it requires a firmware of 4.1 or below.
thank you very much.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I downloaded the file from that thread, only to have the same errors. I scrolled through the [Guide] How to fix Switch games not booting after a FW/CFW update thread, and opted for just using Daybreak to re-install 13.2.1, but this time select Initialize when asked.

After going through the initial setup I installed the same game I tried previously, with great success.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes you initialize your console, all gone, you could go to the guide published so many times:

delete SD:/ATMOSPHERE/CONTENTS folder, and install again the patches, works 99.999999999% of times.

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question regarding Android and atmosphere dual boot :

With an empty 512gb card, I don't have to backup anything right?

Also what is the best allowed size for hos and android to have the best performance (if it affects somehow)

Last question is those allowed partitions size not usable for storage?

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it was formatted to exFAT, that would explain the corruption since the Switch tends to corrupt anything formatted as exFAT.

I highly recommend just using instead as it is what I always personally use & recommend because I've never ever had any issues while using it.
Thank you. It ran fine. Is this error message normal when people install the NSP files? It says
"You must have this software in order to play " and prompts me for the shop

I just tried to install an Arceus XCI file and got an error message. Where can i find a good breakdown on these files and terminology?

Attachments

• 20220127_152937.jpg
    20220127_152937.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220127_152603.jpg
    20220127_152603.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

Maurisits

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hi everyone! sorry for this noob question but I really need some guidance

I have a Switch with version 10.0.4 and my atmoshpere is 0.13.0lE, installed a couple of games through goldleaf and everything worked like a charm.

Haven't really installed more games or played with my switch for like a year or two, so I decided to download a couple of games today, like the new mario party, skyward sword and Brilliant diamond. All three will give me ''Unable to start software problem''

I'm pretty sure it is because I need to update my switch/atmosphere but I'm not sure how to do it, should I first update my switch and then atmosphere? or should I just update my atmosphere? I was going to do this, but watched a video that I could have a brick and got kinda scared.

Was planning on following this video, regardless of my switch version.

TL:DR

Can I update my 10.0.4 version switch from AMS 0.13.0lE to AMS 1.2.6 directly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding Android and atmosphere dual boot :

With an empty 512gb card, I don't have to backup anything right?

Also what is the best allowed size for hos and android to have the best performance (if it affects somehow)

Last question is those allowed partitions size not usable for storage?
There is nothing to backup when it comes to a blank SD card. Size doesn't affect performance of either Android or HOS. And the partition size you set is the "internal storage" for Android/HOS. Only unallocated space can be used for storage.
Thank you. It ran fine. Is this error message normal when people install the NSP files? It says
"You must have this software in order to play " and prompts me for the shop

I just tried to install an Arceus XCI file and got an error message. Where can i find a good breakdown on these files and terminology?
It seems like you're missing the patches that enable backup launching. You can download them from this thread.
Hi everyone! sorry for this noob question but I really need some guidance

I have a Switch with version 10.0.4 and my atmoshpere is 0.13.0lE, installed a couple of games through goldleaf and everything worked like a charm.

Haven't really installed more games or played with my switch for like a year or two, so I decided to download a couple of games today, like the new mario party, skyward sword and Brilliant diamond. All three will give me ''Unable to start software problem''

I'm pretty sure it is because I need to update my switch/atmosphere but I'm not sure how to do it, should I first update my switch and then atmosphere? or should I just update my atmosphere? I was going to do this, but watched a video that I could have a brick and got kinda scared.

Was planning on following this video, regardless of my switch version.

TL:DR

Can I update my 10.0.4 version switch from AMS 0.13.0lE to AMS 1.2.6 directly?

It is always best practice to update your CFW before your firmware. That is because newer versions of CFW will always support older firmware versions but newer firmware versions may not always be supported by older versions of CFW. You don't need a guide, especially a video to update. Videos are never made by any trusted people and they are always outdated the moment they are published. If you absolutely need a guide, you can follow this one but the process is as simple as using Daybreak and downloading the firmware files illegally from the Internet.

Reactions: Maurisits

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for very fast reply.

I have other questions

Is it worth it to do all this installation if I just want to play gamecube pokémon colosseum and ps2 harry potter on android? I mean is it stable enough to actually play games beginning to end or its experimental?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for very fast reply.

I have other questions

Is it worth it to do all this installation if I just want to play gamecube pokémon colosseum and ps2 harry potter on android? I mean is it stable enough to actually play games beginning to end or its experimental?
Well Gamecube games are playable, depending on who you ask but you'll be lucky to be able to play any PS2 games.

Reactions: cobjak

Lolwtfbbq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I updated Atmosphere and my sigpatches from the normal ITJ GitHub. Boots fine, plays Arceus fine, but crashes when trying to access Album to get to the HB menu. Using the holding R menu shows "The software was closed because an error occurred". Any idea what may be mucked up here?

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
went to start to updtae my firmware. all i did was download the new aotomsphere and hecakte and coppyed the firmware onto the sd. im coming from 12.1 i think or atleast 12. it boots into hecakte and when i launch a payload nothing happens. if i keep it plugged into my pay load injector it will auto boot to hekate and i still cant launch a cfw or payload.

this is from a log i got.
"
DNS Mitm:
Adding defaults to redirection list.
Selecting hosts file...
Skipping /hosts/sysmmc.txt because it does not exist...
Selected /hosts/default.txt
Redirections:
`receive-lp1.er.srv.nintendo.net` -> 127.0.0.1
`receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net` -> 127.0.0.1
"

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I had separate atmo & SXOS emunands on hidden partitions and was running atmo.
I wanted to updated to the latest Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.2.6-cfw-13.2.1
I copied over (overwrtiting everything) the new files.
Upon restart, the console boots up SXOS (FW 11.0.0) and not atmo.

Do I need to use TegraRCM to install a new payload ? If so which payload should I install ?

Thanks.

Inthernal9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question. Is there any way that I can transfer a save file from an emulator like Yuzu or Ryujinx and get it onto an un-modded Switch?

I don't want to mod my Switch but I might look at getting myself a 2nd Switch, maybe a Lite and doing it on that.

I read somewhere that if you know someone that has a modded one they can do it and then somehow transfer it over using the save cloud backup.... Can someone explain how you could do it that way?

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
how to format fat32 a 512gb micro sd ? There is no option on windows !
And which android 10 is better on switch ? Switchroot Andorid Oreo, Pie, or Q?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1