Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MBKillJoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Complete noob here, haven’t even begun yet. But I was wondering if it is possible to merge parts of my own island (such as my character, item, bells, museum etc.) with a DA dump file? I really want to use the island layout of the DA, but with my own items.
Thanks for any help!

Reactions: ruje0504

Alphax001

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good evening everyone !

I have a very first generation nintendo switch, I updated the console firmware to the latest (update made on 10/31/2021), I have a SXOS with the dongle, I put 3.1.0 in it (the last one existing) but it gives me black screen. In any case, since I can no longer activate the SXOS license for the closure of the Xecuter Team, I would like a way, guides or something to restart my switch with a custom firmware. I've already seen some topics, but there are really a lot of things and I'm a n00b, I can obviously do a few things with the PC, but I don't know where to start. Can you tell me how to migrate from SXOS to other CFs? Thanks !

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i have a switch lite get a capture card on it. also will be able to stream it some how if i get a capture card in it?

JohnFX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello,I connected to a different wifi and forgotten to change the dns to block the communication to nintendo,so now everytime I open a game it appears a message for a system update, is there any fix for that? thnx

JohnFX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello,I connected to a different wifi and forgotten to change the dns to block the communication to nintendo,so now everytime I open a game it appears a message for a system update, is there any fix for that? thnx

d0ums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm so sorry if i'm not allowed to do this but i can't find any answer to my problem :( (or i'm dumb, which is probably the case)

I did the rentry tutorial to migrate sxos to atmosphere (I bought the switch day one, it is unpatched) a couple of days ago :

But after this guide, Atmosphere won't boot and return to Hekate Menu everytime.

I tried to format my SD card to fat32 instead of Exfat but nothing changed.

Can somebody please help me with this ?

thank you a lot !

Gigadragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening people, I recently completed the process process of hacking the switch and have emunand and cfw sysnand. While i have absolutely no intention of ever actually using cfw sysnand (the plan is to use emunand for offline fun and sysnand for official online), I did end up accidently booting into cfw sysnand.

What I want to know:

1. is simply booting into cfw sysnand enough to get your console flagged for a ban?
I legit turned off my switch immediately after cfw sysnand loaded up, I didn't mess with anything. I have not taken my switch out of airplane mode, neither sysndand nor emunand, since I started the process.
2. Should I do a nand backup restore to be safe?
3. Is restoring your nand a risky process?

edit: Also wanted to ask does blanking the prodinfo of sysmmc using exosphere something that can get you banned? Does it some how signal to nintendo's telemetry that made a modification been made?

Last edited by Gigadragon,

MetalGear-DD

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi, I'm just starting on Gbatemp so I don't know how to use this platform very well.

I'm looking for advice because I'm planning to upgrade my switch's Emunand for the first time.

I know that there are guides to upgrade with Daybreak, I think I understood them well but the thing is that I lost the backup of my nand. I did it more than 2 years ago so I don't remember very well how to do it.

-Which nand should I backup?
-What measures can I take to not mess it up?
-What version of Atmos and FW should I go to?

P.S.: I have the FW of my sysnand at 12.1.0 and the FW of my Emunand at 11.0.1.
My Atmosphere version is 0.19.5.

Any help is very welcome :)

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I create a EmuMMC for atmosphere as a second emunand on same SD. I currently have SXOS EmuMMC for SXOS at 11.00 and atmosphere running for 11.00 (no EMUnand) I want to create an atmosphere EmmMMC for 13.x and latest atmosphere on the SD

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone !

I have a very first generation nintendo switch, I updated the console firmware to the latest (update made on 10/31/2021), I have a SXOS with the dongle, I put 3.1.0 in it (the last one existing) but it gives me black screen. In any case, since I can no longer activate the SXOS license for the closure of the Xecuter Team, I would like a way, guides or something to restart my switch with a custom firmware. I've already seen some topics, but there are really a lot of things and I'm a n00b, I can obviously do a few things with the PC, but I don't know where to start. Can you tell me how to migrate from SXOS to other CFs? Thanks !
You can follow this guide for setting up Atmosphere.
can i have a switch lite get a capture card on it. also will be able to stream it some how if i get a capture card in it?
I'm not familiar with any terrible capture cards for the Switch but if your console is hacked, you can run sysDVR to capture/stream gameplay.
You can boot into Maintenance Mode by holding the volume - and + buttons when turning the console on. Once you're in, you can simply exit out since entering Maintenance Mode clears out any pending system updates.
Hello,

I'm so sorry if i'm not allowed to do this but i can't find any answer to my problem :( (or i'm dumb, which is probably the case)

I did the rentry tutorial to migrate sxos to atmosphere (I bought the switch day one, it is unpatched) a couple of days ago :

But after this guide, Atmosphere won't boot and return to Hekate Menu everytime.

I tried to format my SD card to fat32 instead of Exfat but nothing changed.

Can somebody please help me with this ?

thank you a lot !
What device are you using to boot into Atmosphere?
Good evening people, I recently completed the process process of hacking the switch and have emunand and cfw sysnand. While i have absolutely no intention of ever actually using cfw sysnand (the plan is to use emunand for offline fun and sysnand for official online), I did end up accidently booting into cfw sysnand.

What I want to know:

1. is simply booting into cfw sysnand enough to get your console flagged for a ban?
I legit turned off my switch immediately after cfw sysnand loaded up, I didn't mess with anything. I have not taken my switch out of airplane mode, neither sysndand nor emunand, since I started the process.
2. Should I do a nand backup restore to be safe?
3. Is restoring your nand a risky process?

edit: Also wanted to ask does blanking the prodinfo of sysmmc using exosphere something that can get you banned? Does it some how signal to nintendo's telemetry that made a modification been made?
  1. Yes
  2. If you have already gone online, restoring a backup will make the situation worse because Nintendo will know your eMMC is changed after you restore your backup. Otherwise, you can restore it
  3. No, its the exact opposite; restoring an eMMC backup is used to recover from bricks and other problems that cannot be resolved normally.
  4. Blanking the PRODINFO prevents Nintendo from getting information about your console because it is blank. Therefore even if it does signal their telemetry, they have no information about that console
Hi, I'm just starting on Gbatemp so I don't know how to use this platform very well.

I'm looking for advice because I'm planning to upgrade my switch's Emunand for the first time.

I know that there are guides to upgrade with Daybreak, I think I understood them well but the thing is that I lost the backup of my nand. I did it more than 2 years ago so I don't remember very well how to do it.

-Which nand should I backup?
-What measures can I take to not mess it up?
-What version of Atmos and FW should I go to?

P.S.: I have the FW of my sysnand at 12.1.0 and the FW of my Emunand at 11.0.1.
My Atmosphere version is 0.19.5.

Any help is very welcome :)
Well for starters, you don't need a backup of your eMMC to update your emuMMC's firmware but it is good to have around in case of an emergency. Since you don't currently have one, make a backup of your sysMMC not emuMMC. Save it in multiple locations so if one backup is lost, you have another to fall back on. If you're updating CFW, you should always go to the latest version; there's no reason not to. As for firmware version, you can update it to match the firmware of your sysMMC.
How do I create a EmuMMC for atmosphere as a second emunand on same SD. I currently have SXOS EmuMMC for SXOS at 11.00 and atmosphere running for 11.00 (no EMUnand) I want to create an atmosphere EmmMMC for 13.x and latest atmosphere on the SD
Use Hekate.

Reactions: Gigadragon

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have my SysNAND, EmuNAND, and Stock options on Hekate.​

My question is, in SysNAND, I use it like Stock, to play stuff, update the system normally, and everything. I sometimes remove the 90DNS thing to buy stuff and play online. The only two exceptions I do in SysNAND... are to mod Smash Ultimate with ARCropolis and to use the Homebrew Shop to download, use FTP server, and install themes, etc.
The question is, am I safe based on what I do on the SysNAND?

My other question, I recently started to use the potential of my EmuNAND installing Tinfoil and NSP, etc,
When I created it, I'd make sure to erase and apply the 90DNS stuff before creating the
EmuNAND, which never has been connected online since.
Can Nintendo see my EmuNAND someday and ban me?

Sorry for asking this lot, I have 4 different 3DS hacked, around that time I was on 9.9.0 Titanfall exploit,
the point is, I have seen the Switch being more aware of the hacks and I wanted to ask once for all what minimal activity needs to have until Nintendo bans the Switch, unlike the 3DS.

Gigadragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex
Thanks for responding to my question! I'll go ahead and attempt a system restore using my nand backup, since, before I even started the CFW process I unregistered all my network connections and I haven't restored them since that day.

Reactions: Draxzelex

MetalGear-DD

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well for starters, you don't need a backup of your eMMC to update your emuMMC's firmware but it is good to have around in case of an emergency. Since you don't currently have one, make a backup of your sysMMC not emuMMC. Save it in multiple locations so if one backup is lost, you have another to fall back on. If you're updating CFW, you should always go to the latest version; there's no reason not to. As for firmware version, you can update it to match the firmware of your sysMMC
Thanks @Draxzelex !

Another question:
-I have AutoRCM enabled, should I disable it to upgrade?
-I don't have enough space on my SD, could I do the backup on another SD or should I free up space and do it on the one I currently use?

PS: I have a custom theme, as I understand I have to remove it, right?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i made a mistake today, i had a 500Gb sd card that was full so i thought if i copied everything (minus the games) over to a new sd card so i could then use that to download more games and simply switch to and from.

Is there a way to do this without the game tiles showing, the mistake i did was with sd card 2, i deleted the tiles, thinking because the games are installed on sd card 1 that the games would remain.

but turns out it deleted the tiles and then when i inserted sd card 1, the games were deleted also, which is very strange how could the console delete the game if the sd card isnt inserted that has the game installed.

when i inserted sd card 1, it then said it had no games installed at all, now having to re download them all again.

so is there a way to use 2 sd cards where the home screen will only show what is installed on that sd card or do i have to leave the tiles as they are and make a list of whats on which card.

PalmeraJam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, forgive my ignorance first of all.. the other day I acquired a new SD with a higher capacity, I thought that it would not be something so difficult for me but this is how it is, first I use iMac, I do not have physical access to Windows, I have tried to clone my SD on Mac with different programs (Paragon, HDM and Carbon Copy) none have worked, I think the problem is that my partition is hidden.. I have an SX chip with Hekate and AMS .. in a virtual windows of Windows 7 either I have been able to do nothing, neither with Emutool nor Minidisk Wizard Tool.. I am desperate and I don't know what I can try..

Last edited by PalmeraJam,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda want the hack my switch lite. but only for streaming. if i get SX Lite mod chip can i still get banned? like for example i buy stuff on Eshop would it be worth to hack just to stream stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu