Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks! But do i need to backup anything else in order to save the stuff i have on emumcc? I dont want to lose any of those data.
Sysmmc and emummc are completely separate so restoring sysmmc will not affect emummc. Just be certain that you choose to restore to sysmmc

Reactions: Veralyn

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sysmmc and emummc are completely separate so restoring sysmmc will not affect emummc. Just be certain that you choose to restore to sysmmc

Sorry to keep nagging you XD but i want to be 110% sure.

The option "Restore eMMC" is my sysnand right not emunand? the guide doesnt really specify.

Edit: i figured it out, the restore worked, thanks :)

Last edited by Veralyn,
Reactions: petspeed

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get any games, updates or DLC to appear in HBG for weeks. Is there a new address that needs to be loaded as the source for downloads in HBG? Thanks.

Reactions: Tomtani1

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does sys-tweak work on the latest atmosphere/hekate? + i cant seem to find a way to download sys tweak. can anyone guide me in the right direction??

DGTRAN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi guys, im new to switch jailbreak world . What is the best way to install and play pir4t3d game. I have tinfoil installed but it can't be launched, Goldleaf can launche, can install but i can't start the game(only with work fugee bootloader, when i boot with sysMMC and emuMMC, installer don't even start, it only come with error.
My firmware is 12.1.0

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, im new to switch jailbreak world . What is the best way to install and play pir4t3d game. I have tinfoil installed but it can't be launched, Goldleaf can launche, can install but i can't start the game(only with work fugee bootloader, when i boot with sysMMC and emuMMC, installer don't even start, it only come with error.
My firmware is 12.1.0
Do you have these signature patches installed?

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest

DGTRAN

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have these signature patches installed?

Hmmm, i don't believe so, i followed the guide from switch.homebrew.guide

So what can i do now is replace those files into SD card right ?

ANd i have another question, will i get banned if i play online with my
cartridge game , the game that i own in non-CFW ? I have emuMMC installed on SD card parttion

Last edited by DGTRAN,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, i don't believe so, i followed the guide from switch.homebrew.guide

So what can i do now is replace those files into SD card right ?
Download the latest signature patches using the link I provided and replace whatever is already on your SD card.

ANd i have another question, will i get banned if i play online with my
cartridge game , the game that i own in non-CFW ? I have emuMMC installed on SD card parttion
As long as you're using all hacks and game backups with your emuMMC (and the emuMMC is offline, or has Incognito or 90DNS installed), nothing you do on your sysMMC will get you banned. You can safely use cartridges between the two.

Reactions: DGTRAN

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get any games, updates or DLC to appear in HBG for weeks. Is there a new address that needs to be loaded as the source for downloads in HBG? Thanks.

I should probably clarify I mean the file browser. What's an address to put in the file browser that allows for games, DLC and updates to continually be accessed? Seems like the ones that worked for years are now invalid.

Allanon_shannara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got back my old switch with atmosphere running on and emunand 8.1.0. Now i want to update to the latest fw.
I read that its safe to use daybreak instead of choji but i want to be sure to follow the right steps:

1. download latest versione of atmosphere and replace the atmosphere folder on the sd card;
2. boot up as usual (with rcm) go on hb menu and launch daybreak;
3. update emunand with the new fw (googled that), placed on a folder on the sd card and select "preserve settings";
4. download and use the last sig patches.

I miss something or this is the safe mode to update?
Thanks

0-volt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi. Well a simple question and trouble.

When i execute homebrew on applet mode and close, every time when select config and/or more games, my switch is freeze and restart the console.

But at least works on non-Applet Mode for Now.

My point is: is if a simple error for switch, so try deleted cache, view any error game instalation and atm but the results is same: nothing

My switch is: Atm last version and firmware too.

PS. Sorry if dont understand my problem

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should probably clarify I mean the file browser. What's an address to put in the file browser that allows for games, DLC and updates to continually be accessed? Seems like the ones that worked for years are now invalid.
You can't ask for that there. Popular Tinfoil Shop repositories can be found on Reddit and the popular Discord channels.

Got back my old switch with atmosphere running on and emunand 8.1.0. Now i want to update to the latest fw.
I read that its safe to use daybreak instead of choji but i want to be sure to follow the right steps:

1. download latest versione of atmosphere and replace the atmosphere folder on the sd card;
2. boot up as usual (with rcm) go on hb menu and launch daybreak;
3. update emunand with the new fw (googled that), placed on a folder on the sd card and select "preserve settings";
4. download and use the last sig patches.

I miss something or this is the safe mode to update?
Thanks
Almost. For #1, make sure you replace everything on your SD card with the new Atmosphere version, not just the atmosphere folder. For #2, make sure you're using the latest version of fusee-primary or Hekate as your RCM payload. Everything else looks good. Most people update their signature patches in Step #1 when they update Atmosphere.

Hi. Well a simple question and trouble.

When i execute homebrew on applet mode and close, every time when select config and/or more games, my switch is freeze and restart the console.

But at least works on non-Applet Mode for Now.

My point is: is if a simple error for switch, so try deleted cache, view any error game instalation and atm but the results is same: nothing

My switch is: Atm last version and firmware too.

PS. Sorry if dont understand my problem
Applet mode has limited memory, and it is not recommended. Use title override (R on a game) for homebrew. Some homebrew apps block the use of applet mode, and other homebrew apps crash with applet mode.

Reactions: 0-volt

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't ask for that there. Popular Tinfoil Shop repositories can be found on Reddit and the popular Discord channels.

Almost. For #1, make sure you replace everything on your SD card with the new Atmosphere version, not just the atmosphere folder. For #2, make sure you're using the latest version of fusee-primary or Hekate as your RCM payload. Everything else looks good. Most people update their signature patches in Step #1 when they update Atmosphere.

Applet mode has limited memory, and it is not recommended. Use title override (R on a game) for homebrew. Some homebrew apps block the use of applet mode, and other homebrew apps crash with applet mode.

Can you please dm me a link to updated repositories? All the links I’ve found provide dead repositories.

Allanon_shannara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Ok but some games were installed through goldleaf on the sd card, i lost them if i erase everything? Is there a way to delete only the folder needed and preserve saves and games?
The folder that i see on the sd card are the following (plus 4 files on root named Choidujournx.nro, hbmenu.nro, prod.keys, zerotwoXCI.nro):
  • atmosphere
  • backup
  • bootloader
  • config
  • Edizon
  • emuMMC
  • FW-8.1.0
  • Goldleaf
  • Kosmostoolbox
  • Kosmosupdater
  • ldnmitm_config
  • Nintendo
  • sept
  • switch
  • System Volume Information
Thanks in advance

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but some games were installed through goldleaf on the sd card, i lost them if i erase everything? Is there a way to delete only the folder needed and preserve saves and games?
The folder that i see on the sd card are the following (plus 4 files on root named Choidujournx.nro, hbmenu.nro, prod.keys, zerotwoXCI.nro):
  • atmosphere
  • backup
  • bootloader
  • config
  • Edizon
  • emuMMC
  • FW-8.1.0
  • Goldleaf
  • Kosmostoolbox
  • Kosmosupdater
  • ldnmitm_config
  • Nintendo
  • sept
  • switch
  • System Volume Information
Thanks in advance
I only recommend deleting the atmosphere folder before updating Atmosphere, but if anything else wants to be overwritten (the contents of the sept folder, for example), you should let it do so.

Save files are stored on the Switch's sysMMC (not the SD card) or the emuMMC location on the SD card (depending on if you're using your sysMMC or your emuMMC). Games are stored on the Switch's sysMMC, the Nintendo folder, or the emuMMC location (depending on where you choose to install them and what you're using).

Reactions: Allanon_shannara

Allanon_shannara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I only recommend deleting the atmosphere folder before updating Atmosphere, but if anything else wants to be overwritten (the contents of the sept folder, for example), you should let it do so.

Save files are stored on the Switch's sysMMC (not the SD card) or the emuMMC location on the SD card (depending on if you're using your sysMMC or your emuMMC). Games are stored on the Switch's sysMMC, the Nintendo folder, or the emuMMC location (depending on where you choose to install them and what you're using).

Everything's fine and works following your steps but i got prompted every time i got on game selection about a controller update..its safe to do that or i've to skip all the time the prompt?

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone. I've been reading a lot of guides and threads in different languages and full-time in the previous 3 days with the only outcome of me being so burned out and confused that I'm scared AF to even do the simplest things. Hopefully you will kindly erase any doubts about these following question. Sorry if they've already been answered many times.

So, I bought a refurbished unpatched console that came with firmware 12.0.1. After the initial account and WiFi setup , I was prompted to upgrade the firmware. I did not do that. I powered off my console and injected a test payload to be 100% sure it was hackable, and it is. And here my brain starts to crash:

1) Should I go online and upgrade the firmware before taking a NAND backup?

2) Many hacking guides say it is very important to have at least a game cartridge inserted or an eshop application/demo installed on the console before taking any further steps. On the other hand, many guides state that the cleanest NAND backup is just with no wifi + airplane mode and they do not mention any app/cartridge. Who should I trust?

3) About efuses. I think I shouldn't worry about them since my switch came with OFW 12.0.1. Should I?

4) I'm going to setup an emunand on a yet-to-be-bought 256 GB microsd. Many say to avoid nintendo licensed ones and to go with Sandisk. Someone else says Samsung is better. Which one should I go for?

5) Is AutoRCM eventually going to get me banned once I go online with sysnand? I've read it writes 1 byte to the sysNAND so I'm a bit worried.

6) Will I ever be able to go online on emunand without getting banned? I've read many things about 90DNS and Incognito and I became convinced they add more "suspiciousness" to my activities than ban-proofing. Should I go online only on my sysnand?

And I think that's it. These are the things that worry me the most as I don't know which source to trust. I've decided to trust this community and I'm only going to ask here, so I really appreciate you for reading thus far and sorry for being so dramatically verbose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries