Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a clean install of atmosphere 19.5 non mesosphere version and sigpatches for fusee and boot with fusee payload from atmosphere repo. same error : unable to start software return to home menu and try again

Last edited by Al3Drk,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a clean install off atmosphere 19.5 non mesosphere version and sigpatches for fusee and boot with fusee payload from atmosphere repo. same error : unable to start software return to home menu and try again

I might be wrong but I think you only need the sigpatches for atmosphere. At least, I saw a youtube video where he only updated that one, not using the fusee folder.

Not that I really know or understand this stuff yet :P

I don't know if this thread would help:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

Last edited by Windsall,
Reactions: Al3Drk

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Windsall

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot.

And just to make sure. Does it take a new atmosphere And sigpatches everytime a new system update comes along?
  1. It usually takes a new version of Atmosphere and signature patches to be compatible with a new system version update, yes. There have been a few minor system updates that didn't require Atmosphere and signature patches to be updated, but you should always check Atmosphere before updating.
  2. Even without a new system update, a new Atmosphere update will often require new signature patches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did a clean install of atmosphere 19.5 non mesosphere version and sigpatches for fusee and boot with fusee payload from atmosphere repo. same error : unable to start software return to home menu and try again
Is the data partition of your SD card formatted as FAT32? Is it possible the SD card is corrupted? I would try using a different SD card for troubleshooting, but having an emuMMC is going to make this cumbersome.

Reactions: Windsall and Al3Drk

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've used Deep Sea as it seemed to be a bit easier with my install.

My games are still saying corrupted, none of them will load - I used the all in one installer too to try and update the sig patches that way but still no luck.

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the data partition of your SD card formatted as FAT32? Is it possible the SD card is corrupted? I would try using a different SD card for troubleshooting, but having an emuMMC is going to make this cumbersome.
I fixed it by installing an XCI patched version. I don't know how but it worked. I'd be really happy if someone could explain the reason.
Thanks for your help guys. you rock.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it by installing an XCI patched version. I don't know how but it worked. I'd be really happy if someone could explain the reason.
Thanks for your help guys. you rock.
There could have been a problem with the dump you were using. It's also possible your signature patches were incomplete (different types of backups require different kinds of patches), but I find that to be unlikely.

I've used Deep Sea as it seemed to be a bit easier with my install.

My games are still saying corrupted, none of them will load - I used the all in one installer too to try and update the sig patches that way but still no luck.
Make sure you are using these patches with the newest version of Atmosphere:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest

Use the fusee patches if you're booting using fusee-primary, and use the hekate patches if you are booting with Hekate (without chainloading fusee-primary).

Reactions: Al3Drk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am thinking about updating my Switch FW, but have some questions before proceeding. I mainly want to play the newer games such as MH Rise, MH Stories 2, and Skyward Sword. Anyway, in a previous thread on here, I was informed to first update CFW, followed by Sigpatches, and then finally the System FW. When I looked at the hekate.ipl file, it said that I had Kosmos and was informed that it is no longer being used. How should I proceed with all of this? I am a little nervous, as I am still fairly new to this stuff. Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)
Kosmos doesn't actually exist. What Kosmos really is is a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere. Therefore if you simply update Hekate and Atmosphere individually, you achieve the same effect as using Kosmos. If you want a pre-configured package in the same spirit as Kosmos, you can try using DeepSea or if you want the ability to customize which apps and tools you want, SDSetup is much better.
Hey everyone! I have some questions. My switch has been modded or whatever for a couple years. Originally i created a clean nand backup on like 6.1 or something. Directly from there i setup an sd with emunand. I have always used exfat. I used choidujour (however its spelled) for a while but then accidently did a system update on my sysnand the normal way and i never got banned so for whatever reason i continued to just keep doing it that way. So i play online on my sysnand and then i have my sd card with my emunand. Anyway, i was dumb and took my sd out of my pc before properly ejecting it and the card got corrupted. I bought a new sd and was going to re setup emunand on it but i am confused as to the correct way to do it. Do i need to do something with my clean original (and only) nand backup? Does that matter? My fuses probably dont match anyway, right? Bc i have been updating system firmware on sysnand the official way....
I also dont think i ever enabled autorcm bc i read back in the day that could get you banned. So should i do another nand backup of my sysnand system firmware? Or does it not matter because i have been using my emunand sd in my system that i backup the normal way anyway? Can i just straight up re setup emunand on my new sd? Do i need to redo incognito and all of that as well? I dont know why suddenly im so confused. Thanks so much in advance for any help!
Since you updated online, your clean eMMC backup is now useless because you've gone online with your console. Meaning if you restore it now and then go online, Nintendo will realize that you restored your backup. This doesn't mean you should get rid of it as any backup can still be useful for recovering from a brick. However your clean backup will no longer prevent you from getting banned and in fact can get you banned if used improperly.

As for emuMMC, there is nothing stopping you from setting it up again. If you have a backup of your old emuMMC, you can restore it with Hekate. Otherwise, simply setup the new emuMMC. Also I don't know where you read AutoRCM could get you banned as AutoRCM is one of the few hacks that has never gotten a single user banned making it one of the few safe mods. And you don't need to make another eMMC backup since you already have one. Lastly, I don't recommend using Incognito as several users have lost their PRODINFO after using it and thus became banned. Unless you use Wi-Fi services that require blocking Nintendo's servers, just don't use any Wi-Fi settings.

Ok so tried to use edizon for the very first time ever and got this. Any idea what could have caused this?

Using 12.0.0/AMS M.19.2/S

View attachment 270207

Used this version: https://github.com/WerWolv/EdiZon/releases/tag/v3.0.1

This happend right when I launched the app. Not even using the overlay just applet homebrew mode. This while zelda was running in the background.

The only thing I have in the cheats directory is the ones for zelda. So too many cheats can't be it.
And I have a file created by:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-loca...-titles-from-your-switch.584814/#post-9399359
to force the language to English.

Any help is welcome!
Try launching EdiZon via title override as in holding R over a title.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosmos doesn't actually exist. What Kosmos really is is a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere. Therefore if you simply update Hekate and Atmosphere individually, you achieve the same effect as using Kosmos. If you want a pre-configured package in the same spirit as Kosmos, you can try using DeepSea or if you want the ability to customize which apps and tools you want, SDSetup is much better.
Since you updated online, your clean eMMC backup is now useless because you've gone online with your console. Meaning if you restore it now and then go online, Nintendo will realize that you restored your backup. This doesn't mean you should get rid of it as any backup can still be useful for recovering from a brick. However your clean backup will no longer prevent you from getting banned and in fact can get you banned if used improperly.

As for emuMMC, there is nothing stopping you from setting it up again. If you have a backup of your old emuMMC, you can restore it with Hekate. Otherwise, simply setup the new emuMMC. Also I don't know where you read AutoRCM could get you banned as AutoRCM is one of the few hacks that has never gotten a single user banned making it one of the few safe mods. And you don't need to make another eMMC backup since you already have one. Lastly, I don't recommend using Incognito as several users have lost their PRODINFO after using it and thus became banned. Unless you use Wi-Fi services that require blocking Nintendo's servers, just don't use any Wi-Fi settings.

Try launching EdiZon via title override as in holding R over a title.

Thanks Draxzelex, I am a little confused though. Should I just update Atmosphere and Hekate? I was told in my other thread that I am using fss0 or something and that I need to chainload to boot into Atmosphere? Here is what my Hekate.ipl says:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0

{AtlasNX/Kosmos v14.1}
{}
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{Pegascape DNS: pegascape.sdsetup.com}
{}

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}

{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just thought of a simple question to ask, just to make sure I can do things right..

When I have the emunand running, can I play official game cartridges (or downloaded on eshop) just fine? (I'd be offline)
Or is there a change that happens when playing those games that niintendo could see when you play them with the sysnand online later?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of a simple question to ask, just to make sure I can do things right..

When I have the emunand running, can I play official game cartridges (or downloaded on eshop) just fine? (I'd be offline)
Or is there a change that happens when playing those games that niintendo could see when you play them with the sysnand online later?
Nothing you do on the emuMMC can get you banned, assuming you have something like Incognito installed to it.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions:

1 - How much for the console [newest latest version]?

As compared to that Valve Steam thingy.

2 - Does it only play nintendo games?

I wish to play other platforms [ie playstation, psp, xbox] on it without modifying. And no, I'm not going online to play other gamers with it. I learned that the hard way, because they kept killing me as I just spawned. So, phooey on that.

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing you do on the emuMMC can get you banned, assuming you have something like Incognito installed to it.

I don't know what Incognito is. I'm going to follow the homebrew guide and use the emunand to play things offline. I just wanted to make sure that nothing would be detected if I play a cartirdge game both with the emunand and the sysnand (offline and online alternatively)

Because most of the time I'll be on custom fw offline. but wanna play online sometimes

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Draxzelex, I am a little confused though. Should I just update Atmosphere and Hekate? I was told in my other thread that I am using fss0 or something and that I need to chainload to boot into Atmosphere? Here is what my Hekate.ipl says:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=0

{AtlasNX/Kosmos v14.1}
{}
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{Pegascape DNS: pegascape.sdsetup.com}
{}

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
{}

{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Thoughts and help appreciated :)
If you intend to continue using Atmosphere & Hekate, then you should update them accordingly. FSS0 is the method in which you launch Atmosphere directly via Hekate which is the same method featured in Kosmos meaning its the one you currently use. Chainloading involves using Hekate to boot into fusee_primary which is the default method of booting Atmosphere. Aside from being the default method of booting Atmosphere, chainloading holds no advantages over using FSS0. The only advantage was that blawar's DZ refused to work with Atmosphere if launched with FSS0 but blawar has recently lifted that restriction. Furthermore, FSS0 launches Atmosphere faster than fusee_primary. Finally, FSS0 allows one to be able to boot multiple emuMMC simultaneously as well as CFW on sysMMC which cannot be done with fusee_primary. Therefore FSS0 is the superior method of booting Atmosphere.
2 questions:

1 - How much for the console [newest latest version]?

As compared to that Valve Steam thingy.

2 - Does it only play nintendo games?

I wish to play other platforms [ie playstation, psp, xbox] on it without modifying. And no, I'm not going online to play other gamers with it. I learned that the hard way, because they kept killing me as I just spawned. So, phooey on that.
  1. MSRP for the Nintendo Switch is $300 although there is a new model being released that features an OLED screen and is priced at around $350
  2. Without hacking, no, but there are emulators for the PS1 and PSP available for the Nintendo Switch. I haven't seen any progress for XBOX games so I believe that is a lost cause. While the Switch is a portable console, it is not the ideal device for emulation

Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you intend to continue using Atmosphere & Hekate, then you should update them accordingly. FSS0 is the method in which you launch Atmosphere directly via Hekate which is the same method featured in Kosmos meaning its the one you currently use. Chainloading involves using Hekate to boot into fusee_primary which is the default method of booting Atmosphere. Aside from being the default method of booting Atmosphere, chainloading holds no advantages over using FSS0. The only advantage was that blawar's DZ refused to work with Atmosphere if launched with FSS0 but blawar has recently lifted that restriction. Furthermore, FSS0 launches Atmosphere faster than fusee_primary. Finally, FSS0 allows one to be able to boot multiple emuMMC simultaneously as well as CFW on sysMMC which cannot be done with fusee_primary. Therefore FSS0 is the superior method of booting Atmosphere.

1. MSRP for the Nintendo Switch is $300 although there is a new model being released that features an OLED screen and is priced at around $350
  2. Without hacking, no, but there are emulators for the PS1 and PSP available for the Nintendo Switch. I haven't seen any progress for XBOX games so I believe that is a lost cause. While the Switch is a portable console, it is not the ideal device for emulation

Thank you. Guess I might be going with the OLED then. later I will ask you guys what or how to emulate it. I have a PSP, but as old as I am, I need the bigger screen and portability. Thank you again. :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what Incognito is. I'm going to follow the homebrew guide and use the emunand to play things offline. I just wanted to make sure that nothing would be detected if I play a cartirdge game both with the emunand and the sysnand (offline and online alternatively)

Because most of the time I'll be on custom fw offline. but wanna play online sometimes
Incognito is a way to block connections to Nintendo without disconnecting from the internet entirely. You can enable Incognito in the Atmosphere config. If you are keeping the emuMMC offline, you don't require Incognito, but it's recommended anyway.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you that helps.

I'm ok updating it and burning the fuse, unless there's an important reason to be able to downgrade.

I'd like to do it the way you mentioned, using emunand while having a clean sysnand. Is there a guide for this, or will the normal homebrew guide amount to this?

I just have one more question, and it has to do with playing games through the emunand. Can I play NSP games without installing it this way? I heard that SXOS is outdated now, and don't know how it works for playing the games without installing them now. (assuming installing them could get me banned once online)

There's really no benefit to burning your fuses. At least imo, because you'll likely want autorcm on, and once autorcm is on then no fuses will ever need to be burnt. There is very little reason to avoid burning fuses. But no benefit to burning them (other than being able to boot the switch without a payload delivery method via usb... but I would personally never recommend this, as it could always leave you at the mercy of some sort of future nintendo based software solution to hacking that hasn't been invented yet).

Firmware's below 4.somethingorother (which you implied you had) can enter rcm mode without the magical paperclip trick (grounding the joycon pin). That's a literal reason/benefit but it's one that literally no one cares about anymore and hasn't for many years.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's really no benefit to burning your fuses. At least imo, because you'll likely want autorcm on, and once autorcm is on then no fuses will ever need to be burnt. There is very little reason to avoid burning fuses. But no benefit to burning them (other than being able to boot the switch without a payload delivery method via usb... but I would personally never recommend this, as it could always leave you at the mercy of some sort of future nintendo based software solution to hacking that hasn't been invented yet).

Firmware's below 4.somethingorother (which you implied you had) can enter rcm mode without the magical paperclip trick (grounding the joycon pin). That's a literal reason/benefit but it's one that literally no one cares about anymore and hasn't for many years.

Ok. I'll be honest but unless there's easy guides to follow for all that I don't want to mess too many things up. the guide doesn't talk about how to get in rcm mode without the tool, afaik. I ordered a jig to do it.

I was thinking of updating to the latest version before modding (which would burn a fuse, i guess), then making the nand backup of that, and then moving on to everything.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Guess I might be going with the OLED then. later I will ask you guys what or how to emulate it. I have a PSP, but as old as I am, I need the bigger screen and portability. Thank you again. :)

It will likely be impossible to hack the new OLED switch without some sort of hardmodded internal chip. Nintendo has essentially solved the flaw in the switch that made everything work. So, I do not recommend at all doing as you just implied.

Also as the other user pointed out, if you purely want to run emulators for other systems, the steamdeck has lightyears more horsepower than the switch, and should in theory run emulators without any hacking whatsoever. (Although a steamdeck won't play any nintendo games, and may or may not be sold out, rumor is steamdeck preorders are already backlogged into 2022.)

Even the "mariko" upgraded battery life switch is as far as I know unable to be hacked via software hacks. So all of this talk on this subforum is about the regular switch. Which can be hacked via software means, and can then run pirated nintendo switch games (which includes a somewhat surprising number of ports compared to other generations of nintendo consoles) as well as homebrew apps including things such as emulators.

Ok. I'll be honest but unless there's easy guides to follow for all that I don't want to mess too many things up. the guide doesn't talk about how to get in rcm mode without the tool, afaik. I ordered a jig to do it.

I was thinking of updating to the latest version before modding (which would burn a fuse, I guess), then making the nand backup of that, and then moving on to everything.

IMO the only reason you would want to burn your fuses is if you do not intended to have autorcm mode enabled. Otherwise I don't personally see the benefit. Unless someone else can point out to me a reason you'd want to burn your fuses as a first intentional step (many people likely do this initial fuse burning unintentionally which is the case that makes sense to me. I think most of the talk about burnt fuses presupposes someone has burned them before asking for advice?).

Reactions: AncientBoi

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will likely be impossible to hack the new OLED switch without some sort of hardmodded internal chip. Nintendo has essentially solved the flaw in the switch that made everything work. So, I do not recommend at all doing as you just implied.

Also as the other user pointed out, if you purely want to run emulators for other systems, the steamdeck has lightyears more horsepower than the switch, and should in theory run emulators without any hacking whatsoever. (Although a steamdeck won't play any nintendo games, and may or may not be sold out, rumor is steamdeck preorders are already backlogged into 2022.)

Even the "mariko" upgraded battery life switch is as far as I know unable to be hacked via software hacks. So all of this talk on this subforum is about the regular switch. Which can be hacked via software means, and can then run pirated nintendo switch games (which includes a somewhat surprising number of ports compared to other generations of nintendo consoles) as well as homebrew apps including things such as emulators.

IMO the only reason you would want to burn your fuses is if you do not intended to have autorcm mode enabled. Otherwise I don't personally see the benefit. Unless someone else can point out to me a reason you'd want to burn your fuses as a first intentional step (many people likely do this initial fuse burning unintentionally which is the case that makes sense to me. I think most of the talk about burnt fuses presupposes someone has burned them before asking for advice?).

What does autorcm mode do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: