Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Switchpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a new Switch, Mariko edition. I've never soldered in my life, so kind of pooping my pants for not wanting to screw it up. SX Core is still the only way to do this with a Mariko edition Switch right?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you. I have an additional question. What is the fear of possibly getting banned if when using 90nds or incognito you are affectively banning yourself to begin with?
The idea is to use incognito and 90dns in emuMMC for "unofficial" games and standard sysMMC for (no incognito) for games you own.

Reactions: tabzer

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

It's been a while since I've updated the CFW on my Switch. It seems Kosmos is no longer supported. I'd like to update and clean up the SD card since I know some folders and files will no longer be needed. I'm not quite sure how to best approach this. It looks like I had two emuMMCs configured, one "clean" for online and the other "dirty" for offline. I'm not sure that's relevant. My exploit method is fusee-gelee. Any help, advice, and/or suggestions would be appreciated. I plan to look at my SD card and compare that with the SD Setup package within the next couple days. There's certainly no hurry since I'm sure I can get back into the groove of things. It will just take a bit of time to get myself back up to speed.

Thank you,
There isn't really anything special you have to do or delete. There is no technically nothing on your SD card that could be identified as Kosmos as all it was was a combination of Hekate and Atmosphere. Simply grabbing the latest Hekate and Atmosphere off of SDSetup as you suggested is sufficient in updating your CFW.

I have a new Switch, Mariko edition. I've never soldered in my life, so kind of pooping my pants for not wanting to screw it up. SX Core is still the only way to do this with a Mariko edition Switch right?
Yes but your own sanity and the Switch's safety, you should just get an unpatched console instead. Soldering is not something an amateur should attempt.

Reactions: Mythrandir

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask but I can’t find answer I moved to atmosphere but I’m trying to do a dual boot. I have sxox core mariko hekate boot strait to atmosphere when pick to load payload I don’t see sxox.
I did a back up but honestly I can’t find which files is SX payload
My Sd root look like this before moving to atmosphere.
Config
Jksv
Emutendo
Nintendo
Switch
Sxos which contains cheats and emunand is 29 gbs bin files
Boot.dat
License-request.dat
License.dat

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask but I can’t find answer I moved to atmosphere but I’m trying to do a dual boot. I have sxox core mariko hekate boot strait to atmosphere when pick to load payload I don’t see sxox.
I did a back up but honestly I can’t find which files is SX payload
My Sd root look like this before moving to atmosphere.
Config
Jksv
Emutendo
Nintendo
Switch
Sxos which contains cheats and emunand is 29 gbs bin files
Boot.dat
License-request.dat
License.dat
I mean its obviously not on your SD card which would make sense since people typically push the SX OS payload either from their SX Pro or their computer/phone. Just redownload it from their website. But since it contains copyrighted code, we cannot link it here nor tell you where to find it.

Reactions: shinwg

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean its obviously not on your SD card which would make sense since people typically push the SX OS payload either from their SX Pro or their computer/phone. Just redownload it from their website. But since it contains copyrighted code, we cannot link it here nor tell you where to find it.
Ok thanks bro I’ll look for it

Reactions: Draxzelex

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to get monster hunter rise update running no matter I tried nothing seem to work. I’m busting my head so hard

JMAXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times but could not find where. I've countless treads and I apologize if this is not the correct place.

If I use a CFW to alter a save can I go back to OFW and continue using the same save but play online?

I want to use the Monster hunter rise cheats on here like max items and what not but still be able to play with my friends online.

Am I in jeperody of getting banned if I do?

Thanks for your help in advance.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to get monster hunter rise update running no matter I tried nothing seem to work. I’m busting my head so hard

Did you update your switch ? A lot of newer games reqire a updated OS, I had the same issue with Mario 3-D land and fury....

I was on 9.1 and I updated to the newest version to make sure I can play it.

JMAXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times but could not find where. I've countless treads and I apologize if this is not the correct place.

If I use a CFW to alter a save can I go back to OFW and continue using the same save but play online?

I want to use the Monster hunter rise cheats on here like max items and what not but still be able to play with my friends online.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

It depends on how much you do to the save file and which game. It's risky to use altered save files online with a clean OFW, and people have been banned for it, but people have gotten away with minor edits before.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Yes. In fact just having CFW on your switch, you have chance of being banned.

Reactions: JMAXX

ZeroTransPat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was told that it was safe to update a modded switch.
Maybe I misheard that?
Basically, my friend modded my switch for me.
I booted my switch into its normal mode, and updated.
I can't boot it back into rcm mode, I'm using TegraRcm, but it doesn't detect anything.
How do I boot it back into rcm mode?

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. In fact just having CFW on your switch, you have chance of being banned.

Just to ask... So, If enter RCM, I am am using a CFW. If I remove my flash card with my CFW on it and use a different flash card for the OS.

How is possible they can tell/know that I am using a CFW ?

What I am asking here is, if I create a NEW flash drive with the games own and swap, I can play online with out a risk of being banned, right ?

Maybe I misheard that?
I can't boot it back into rcm mode, I'm using TegraRcm, but it doesn't detect anything.

Well, it's safe but, you need to update everything. Atmosphere and everything else.

Last edited by DavidinCT,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to ask... So, If enter RCM, I am am using a CFW. If I remove my flash card with my CFW on it and use a different flash card for the OS.

How is possible they can tell/know that I am using a CFW ?

What I am asking here is, if I create a NEW flash drive with the games own and swap, I can play online with out a risk of being banned, right ?
No.. once you install and use CFW... your NAND, which is stored on your switch memory itself, is no longer "Clean", thus you can be banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe I misheard that?
Hold the Volume Up button and press power button, if no logo appears, then you are in RCM mode and then hook to PC and use Tegra to push payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY