Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Rosalia_Rossellinni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If your SD card is formatted to exFAT, then you should format it to FAT32. exFAT can not only corrupt your SD card but can cause you to fail to boot CFW.

"this is a link: gbatemp.net threads sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-secondary-only.571543"
You have been so kind and thank you to Lacius, there will be no need to do a full installation, all seems good now, I asked in so many places, I will be sure to share the solution, I don´t know how I can repay the help, but if you ever can use the help know that you can count on me, you are a god to me, I will stay active on this community to keep learning.

Reactions: Draxzelex

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Does using a Switch microSD card on OSx mess up the file system? I am trying to add (legal) ROMs but it seems they say 0bytes etc. Should I use a Windows clone?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does using a Switch microSD card on OSx mess up the file system? I am trying to add (legal) ROMs but it seems they say 0bytes etc. Should I use a Windows clone?
Yes, MacOS applies the archive bit to all files and folders it touches. The fix is to either remove them manually or use the archive bit fix found in Hekate.

Itsyaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sup guys new here trying to get me 5 post for pm Privilege

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does booting up into rcm mode and running atmos for the 1st time do anything? Like leave any traces of tampering? I got everything I need sx card, rcm loader latest atmosphere, etc just need to back up nand n start the fun just a bit hesitant / want to fully understand everything, one main question I have is can I play purchased games on the emunand side? What if I install dlc and cheats would that conflict to the sysnand side when I’m ready to play online?

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! My Emunand and Sysnand are on 10.2. Atmosphère on 0.15. Can I update only Atmosphère to 0.17? I mean, is it compatible with 10.2 and will the console have a better performance?

Versa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated my atmosphere from 15 to 17.1, now patched YouTube throws me an unable to start software when opening. Anybody experienced this or have any workarounds? Thanks.

yaykittykitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pc and a raspberry pi and I want to use Bluetooth to control my Nintendo switch so I can keep my character moving to prevent timeouts because when I go to make food my game times out if I don’t move after 5mins and it closes the Internet connection and disconnects me from my island. At the moment I use joycon app for android but after time that will give my phone screen burn.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! My Emunand and Sysnand are on 10.2. Atmosphère on 0.15. Can I update only Atmosphère to 0.17? I mean, is it compatible with 10.2 and will the console have a better performance?
I mean I hope its compatible otherwise that would be something SciresM needs to address but since no one has complained so far, I'm doubtful there are any issues. And no, you won't get that much better performance by updating the CFW.

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, no idea why I'm suddenly having this issue.

I'm using SXOS, which I can boot into fine. I can't get into the original FW though.

I boot payload, hold volume+, and select boot original FW. I just get a black screen. I have to hold power to then shut it off.

Anyone run into this and know what may be causing it?

koyuki_kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, no idea why I'm suddenly having this issue.

I'm using SXOS, which I can boot into fine. I can't get into the original FW though.

I boot payload, hold volume+, and select boot original FW. I just get a black screen. I have to hold power to then shut it off.

Anyone run into this and know what may be causing it?
Maybe you downgrade the nand and burn efuse

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if SXOS doesnt support 11.0.1 is there any way to have your OFW at 11.0.1 for online and legit games and then keep your Emunand on lower FW? Or will updating the system FW then disable SXOS crom working at all?

Any solution to use official FW for online and then emunand for backups? I don't care if I need to switch to atmosphere or whatever, I'm OK just starting fresh since I haven't used my switch in a while.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if SXOS doesnt support 11.0.1 is there any way to have your OFW at 11.0.1 for online and legit games and then keep your Emunand on lower FW? Or will updating the system FW then disable SXOS crom working at all?

Any solution to use official FW for online and then emunand for backups? I don't care if I need to switch to atmosphere or whatever, I'm OK just starting fresh since I haven't used my switch in a while.
I mean...the intended use of emuMMC is to be on a separate firmware than sysMMC. The fact that people have to ask this question boggles my mind :wacko:

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean I hope its compatible otherwise that would be something SciresM needs to address but since no one has complained so far, I'm doubtful there are any issues. And no, you won't get that much better performance by updating the CFW.

Ok, I'll keep my versions until I would really need to update or if there is a special feature on new versions. Thanks mate!

Reactions: Draxzelex

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is running on my switch and i have HBmenu so how do I install homebrew?
You can download most common used homebrew here...
https://www.sdsetup.com/
place the .nro file inside your switch folder, then open homebrew menu/ "Album" and load homebrew.
There's even a Homebrew app store you can use to directly load other homebrew apps directly from app.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

skittletop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch hasn't been online for nearly two years now, I don't think it's been online since I first installed CFW.

I recently upgrade to all the latest CFW and offline updated to the latest official 11.x software.

What would be the best things to do (clear caches, install emunand etc.) before attempting to get my switch back online?

Cheers,
Brad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended