Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

is it already save to update to 10.0.2?

Does Kosmos/Atmosphere work? Can I install NSPs? Are ES and FS - patches availaible, so that my NSPs work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,my Switch is on RCM and the battery is very low that it won't turn on,i plugged it on pc with TegraRCmGUI but every time i inject the atmosphere payload it's stuck on a black screen with battery indicator in red. i left it to charge but there is no way to access the main menu
Keep it charged while the console is off for 30-60 minutes.

@Draxzelex Thank you very much. Unfortunately, my files are not visible in awoo installer. There are two files, a .xc0 and a .xc1 file. When I browse through my folders using awoo installer, the folder containing those files seems to be empty.

2. Another question: I installed my emummc to a 64gb sd card. I would like to upgrade to a 512gb sd card later on.
How can I transfer my emummc from the 64gb sd card to 512 gb one?

3. How can I update a game, that is installed on emummc and that I do not own the cartridge anymore?
  1. Are your .XCI files split? If so, why? You can just USB install them
  2. You have to make an image of the SD card and flash it onto the new SD card
  3. Download .NSP file from the Internet illegally
Hi all,

is it already save to update to 10.0.2?

Does Kosmos/Atmosphere work? Can I install NSPs? Are ES and FS - patches availaible, so that my NSPs work?
CFW is unstable on 10.X plus nothing requires it so I suggest holding off from updating.

Reactions: MSco and Ace88

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was following this guide to set up emuMMC, and it did work, but all my games from the SD card are not available in emuMMC (giving me the prompt to redownload them), even though I backed up my Nintendo folder and put it back onto the root of the SD card after I formatted and partitioned it for emuMMC. On sysNAND they are available.
Is there a way of making the games show up in emuMMC without redownloading, or is it actually intended to be this way?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following this guide to set up emuMMC, and it did work, but all my games from the SD card are not available in emuMMC (giving me the prompt to redownload them), even though I backed up my Nintendo folder and put it back onto the root of the SD card after I formatted and partitioned it for emuMMC. On sysNAND they are available.
Is there a way of making the games show up in emuMMC without redownloading, or is it actually intended to be this way?
You have to direct the emuMMC to read the Nintendo folder with the installed games.

I am thinking of upgrading to 10.0.2.

What does NOT work on CFW 10.0.2,
Homebrew emulators, modules etc?
Its too long of a list.

Hello!
May i ask whats the feature difference between incognito and incognito_rcm? What is the reason to use incognito_rcm over incognito?
Incognito is a homebrew application while Incognito_rcm is a RCM payload. The homebrew application only works in CFW that do not protect PRODINFO which are SX and ReiNX. Incognito_rcm has no such limitation because it is launched before CFW.

Starforce2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incognito is a homebrew application while Incognito_rcm is a RCM payload. The homebrew application only works in CFW that do not protect PRODINFO which are SX and ReiNX. Incognito_rcm has no such limitation because it is launched before CFW.
Is there any tutorial on how to install incognito_rcm on SX PRO? And how does it protect PRODINFO for Emunand? The tutorial i found online are mostly for other OS, thank you very much

maxus5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have been a member o gba for several years now, and I usually find my answers searching in the forum, but this time I have tried everything without success.

I installed CFW on a friends switch, with version 10.0.0 on emu mmc, first I tried atmosphere but then I discovered neutos existence and installed that instead atmosphere, everything went smoothly.

BUT I tried the same on my console which was at version 10.0.1 at the moment, and went directly to neutos on emu mmc with hetake, at first I thought everything went smoothly, but then I turned my switch off and couldn’t boot emu mmc again, the neutos logo appeared and then a black screen, so then I tried to install atmosphere and didn’t work, so I thought maybe the emu mmc was corrupt or something so I did all the process from start with a new emu mmc etc, and it worked but again when I turned it of , I couldn’t boot again to the cfw on emu mmc, I should mention that if I deactivate the emu mmc it actually works, but I did not experiment more on my real sys nand, well I tried like 10 different times with different variables like erasing games to have more space, or just going to the basic software required with not success at all, I got once an error when booting neutos, and other 2 times I booted in a restored factory emu mmc(I didn’t restored it , it was like an error) so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions , sorry for my English it’s not my native language and I hope my text es readable

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a big advantage to keeping a unit on 3.0.0 anymore?
I have 2 switches, one untouched besides some zelda action from back in the day on 3.0.0 and another which I use offline with rcm fusee atmosphere on the latest versions.
If not, I want to update it and take it online as I have an eshop card from the holidays.
If there is I guess I'll just buy a mariko unit or something (then I will have 3 switches... and this cake)

Shiiouri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure fat32 is recommended. exfat has a tendency to get corrupted. allocation size doesn't matter, so might want to use 32KB like normal.

Ahh okay, will do

EDIT: Now it finally works aka all deleted corrupted files from formating to Fat32 it now works~~

Last edited by Shiiouri,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any tutorial on how to install incognito_rcm on SX PRO? And how does it protect PRODINFO for Emunand? The tutorial i found online are mostly for other OS, thank you very much
As I said, Incognito_rcm has nothing to do with the CFW as its loaded before the CFW. Although I don't see why you would need Incognito when SX OS has Stealth Mode built into it.

Hi! I have been a member o gba for several years now, and I usually find my answers searching in the forum, but this time I have tried everything without success.

I installed CFW on a friends switch, with version 10.0.0 on emu mmc, first I tried atmosphere but then I discovered neutos existence and installed that instead atmosphere, everything went smoothly.

BUT I tried the same on my console which was at version 10.0.1 at the moment, and went directly to neutos on emu mmc with hetake, at first I thought everything went smoothly, but then I turned my switch off and couldn’t boot emu mmc again, the neutos logo appeared and then a black screen, so then I tried to install atmosphere and didn’t work, so I thought maybe the emu mmc was corrupt or something so I did all the process from start with a new emu mmc etc, and it worked but again when I turned it of , I couldn’t boot again to the cfw on emu mmc, I should mention that if I deactivate the emu mmc it actually works, but I did not experiment more on my real sys nand, well I tried like 10 different times with different variables like erasing games to have more space, or just going to the basic software required with not success at all, I got once an error when booting neutos, and other 2 times I booted in a restored factory emu mmc(I didn’t restored it , it was like an error) so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions , sorry for my English it’s not my native language and I hope my text es readable
Don't use Neutos. Use either vanilla Atmosphere or Kosmos.

Is there a big advantage to keeping a unit on 3.0.0 anymore?
I have 2 switches, one untouched besides some zelda action from back in the day on 3.0.0 and another which I use offline with rcm fusee atmosphere on the latest versions.
If not, I want to update it and take it online as I have an eshop card from the holidays.
If there is I guess I'll just buy a mariko unit or something (then I will have 3 switches... and this cake)
Consoles on firmware 3.0 can utilize Pegascape as a means of booting CFW without a jig or USB cable but it requires a network connection. There may come a day when an untethered coldboot exploit is discovered for lower firmware versions such as 3.0 but that is nowhere in sight. Lastly, having a console on firmware 3.0 is about as good as keeping the fuse count at 3 on higher firmware versions. What this means is that firmware is largely irrelevant as fuse count is the actual determining factor for a console. That being said, if you already have a console with a fuse count of 3, there is no reason to have a second one with the same count.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are your .XCI files split? If so, why? You can just USB install them

1. I followed the switch homebrew guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows. There it tells me to format my sd card to FAT32. This format does not allow me to create larger files than 4gb. That is the reason, why my xci is split. Was it wrong to choose FAT32? What is the recommended format otherwise?

1b. I wanted to try exFat and it worked at first. However, I downloaded and installed sig patches in awoo installer and after that I get an error message when trying to boot emummc: SD Card is exFAT and the installed FS only supports FAT32.! Failed to launch HOS! What I did to change from Fat32 to exFAT: I moved everything from sd to PC, format to exFat using DiskGenius, then copied everything back. I did not change anything on the emummc. Should I format the emummc, too?

Download .NSP file from the Internet illegally
2. Is there a homebrew way or is this only possible on the dark sites of the web? And do you mean a nsp for the update only or do I have to redownload the whole game with update?

3. For titles I have an update or dlc already installed (I bought dlc for some games and installed the updates), how can I dump the updates and the dlc as installable seperate files?

Last edited by MSco,

Starforce2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, Incognito_rcm has nothing to do with the CFW as its loaded before the CFW. Although I don't see why you would need Incognito when SX OS has Stealth Mode built into it.
I'm not sure if stealth mode works the same way as Incognito RCM does, it wouldn't hurt to add another layer. I'm just asking if Incognito_rcm supports emunand? because the only tutorial i could find are for emummc. By the way i'm using SX PRO, the dongle variation.

Last edited by Starforce2005,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I followed the switch homebrew guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows. There it tells me to format my sd card to FAT32. This format does not allow me to create larger files than 4gb. That is the reason, why my xci is split. Was it wrong to choose FAT32? What is the recommended format otherwise?

1b. I wanted to try exFat and it worked at first. However, I downloaded and installed sig patches in awoo installer and after that I get an error message when trying to boot emummc: SD Card is exFAT and the installed FS only supports FAT32.! Failed to launch HOS! What I did to change from Fat32 to exFAT: I moved everything from sd to PC, format to exFat using DiskGenius, then copied everything back. I did not change anything on the emummc. Should I format the emummc, too?

2. Is there a homebrew way or is this only possible on the dark sites of the web? And do you mean a nsp for the update only or do I have to redownload the whole game with update?

3. For titles I have an update or dlc already installed (I bought dlc for some games and installed the updates), how can I dump the updates and the dlc as installable seperate files?
  1. As I said in my previous, you can USB install the .XCI files without splitting them so there is no reason to use exFAT
  2. There is no homebrew that allows such a thing and it is only the update in .NSP format
  3. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxdumptool-nintendo-switch-dump-tool.508343/
Is there any way to update games while on cfw?
Download the updates in .NSP format from the Internet illegally then install them.

I'm not sure if stealth mode for the same way as Incognito RCM does, it wouldn't hurt to add another layer. I'm just asking if Incognito_rcm supports emunand? because the only tutorial i could find are for emummc. By the way i'm using SX PRO, the dongle variation.
Another layer is pointless. And there is no such thing as emuNAND on the Switch. emuNAND is an antiquated term from the 3DS era because the system files were stored on a NAND chip. The Switch does not use a NAND chip but instead an eMMC chip so the correct term is emuMMC not emuNAND. Lastly, using the SX Pro does not give you a different CFW compared to using SX OS without the SX Pro. All the SX Pro does is allow you to boot SX OS without a computer.

Reactions: MSco

Starforce2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another layer is pointless. And there is no such thing as emuNAND on the Switch. emuNAND is an antiquated term from the 3DS era because the system files were stored on a NAND chip. The Switch does not use a NAND chip but instead an eMMC chip so the correct term is emuMMC not emuNAND. Lastly, using the SX Pro does not give you a different CFW compared to using SX OS without the SX Pro. All the SX Pro does is allow you to boot SX OS without a computer.
As far as i know the way of licensing is different from SX pro, it does not store on the SD card but in the dongle i believe.

I believe emunand stores on SD card, by the way atleast thats how SX call it, i just want to make sure does using the "incognito emummc" option also applies to emunand (again thats the SX term), i don't know if emunand has the same structure as emummc so that the "incognito emummc" option would work or not.

As of the another layer thing, since i checked on the internet and can't find out if stealth mode works as the same way as incognito, so i decide to use it regardless as an personal choice. I just want to make few things clear before doing it, so thing don't go wrong.

Last edited by Starforce2005,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as i know the way of licensing is different from SX pro, it does not store on the SD card but in the dongle i believe.

I believe emunand stores on SD card, by the way atleast thats how SX call it, i just want to make sure does using the "incognito emummc" option also applies to emunand (again thats the SX term), i don't know if emunand has the same structure as emummc so that the "incognito emummc" option would work or not.

As of the another layer thing, since i checked on the internet and can't find out if stealth mode works as the same way as incognito, so i decide to use it regardless as an personal choice. I just want to make few things clear before doing it, so thing don't go wrong.
Where the license is stored does not affect how the CFW is booted at all. Regardless if you're using SX Pro or SX OS, you have to put boot.dat on the SD card which is the whole CFW.

"emuNAND" does not refer to where it is stored. emuMMC can be stored in the internal memory or on the SD card either as a file or partitioned. Another reason SX OS is probably using that terminology is the team behind SX OS known as Team Xecuter is not really Team Xecuter but a hacking team from the 3DS scene known as Gateway. They made a flashcart that was the first to implement emuNAND support on the 3DS so they just carried the term over without any foresight.

Finally, while Stealth Mode and Incognito work differently, they both accomplish the same goal of blocking communications with Nintendo so using both is redundant. One or the other is sufficient.

Reactions: satan89

Starforce2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the license is stored does not affect how the CFW is booted at all. Regardless if you're using SX Pro or SX OS, you have to put boot.dat on the SD card which is the whole CFW.

"emuNAND" does not refer to where it is stored. emuMMC can be stored in the internal memory or on the SD card either as a file or partitioned. Another reason SX OS is probably using that terminology is the team behind SX OS known as Team Xecuter is not really Team Xecuter but a hacking team from the 3DS scene known as Gateway. They made a flashcart that was the first to implement emuNAND support on the 3DS so they just carried the term over without any foresight.

Finally, while Stealth Mode and Incognito work differently, they both accomplish the same goal of blocking communications with Nintendo so using both is redundant. One or the other is sufficient.

All i'm asking is actually: Does the "Incognito Emummc" option works for Emunand. The reason i'm asking is to make sure nothing goes wrong, since i have no idea if Atmosphere and SX uses the same structure for their Emummc/Emunand(whatever the terms). And i'm still asking this same question.

Other are personal choices, and i also stated the reason of my choice, both TX(stealth mode) and author of incognito stated that even when applying those its still not completely safe, blocking communication is their goal, but that doesn't mean they use the same method, 91DNS also blocks communication, some people decide to use those combined, its just a personal choice.

Anyways thanks for your reply, i respect your opinion :) But i still wish to do it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: