Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Snowify
Follow this guide for a complete backup
URL OF YOURE HELP
Stay in flight mode, follow SX instructions activating license offline.
Stay offline 100% and there will be no ban.

Okay, is there a Problem when i don't have a Nintendo Account Linked?
What is when Game Releases like Super Smash Bros / Red Dead Redemption comes with 6.0.0
can i Skip this when i use 5.1.0 ?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not go online there is no need for a Nintendo Account. I don’t have one on my hacked Switch. Go create one now on your PC if you must just no point putting on a Switch that isn’t going online is there?

We will cross the 6.0 bridge when we get there. Maybe CFW will provide a patch for staying on 5.1, maybe 6.0 will be patched. Beleive me there will be plenty of information about 6.0, what games require it and what to do when something actually gets released.

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you do not go online there is no need for a Nintendo Account. I don’t have one on my hacked Switch. Go create one now on your PC if you must just no point putting on a Switch that isn’t going online is there?

as I have written a few posts up, Next Up Hero requires an account even for playing offline. That's the only example I have found for now. It won't start without an account.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as I have written a few posts up, Next Up Hero requires an account even for playing offline. That's the only example I have found for now. It won't start without an account.
In that case I would make a n-account with a burner email address. Or skip the game becuase the devs are d-bags. :angry:

Snowify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In that case I would make a n-account with a burner email address. Or skip the game becuase the devs are d-bags. :angry:

But when now games comes with the Security level that to play you need a Nintendo Account Linked, and 6.0.0 doesn't allow to Unlink you're Account and you are banned there is no way to play
games wich are released after patch 6.0.0.

or i make a mistake?

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, me friend has somehow nabbed a new switch for, like, 250 bucks. Effing lucky guy. We now went throught a guide to mod it,
but we either did something wrong or what, 'cus we're having a problem:
We went with TegraRcm and ReiNX for our way of modding it. We first made a backup of the nand and boot to be sure, then we activated autoRCM,
went to inject reiNX, we got the anime girl splash screen, the blackness, then, after some moments or pressing home, the switch boots up.
Seems we got it to work, but when we try to get to the homebrew menu, it just opens the album. We thought maybe the files aren't up to date,
since the guide was we followed was meh, so we followed the official reiNX site guide, got all files up to date and stuff.
Again, Tegra>inject reiNX 1.6>anime girl splash>blackness>waiting/home menu>switchs boots up, but again, when I go to boot up the homebrew menu,
it just opens up the album instead, and we got no idea why.

I dunno if the switch is from the first batch or later, if someone knows how to check that, I will tell.
It got firmware 4.01, the microsd is a sandisk ultra 32gb, exfat formatted.
Edit: the serial is XAJ40039833187
If someone needs more info to find out why it won't boot up the homebrew menu, do please tell me how to find such info
'cause I'm pretty dumb

Last edited by DarkCoffe64,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyway the problem would be, how to link a nintendo account avoiding burned fuses (so, CFW) and also without getting banned?
Either accept the ban risk and play the game or find something else to play.
So, me friend has somehow nabbed a new switch for, like, 250 bucks. Effing lucky guy. We now went throught a guide to mod it,
but we either did something wrong or what, 'cus we're having a problem:
We went with TegraRcm and ReiNX for our way of modding it. We first made a backup of the nand and boot to be sure, then we activated autoRCM,
went to inject reiNX, we got the anime girl splash screen, the blackness, then, after some moments or pressing home, the switch boots up.
Seems we got it to work, but when we try to get to the homebrew menu, it just opens the album. We thought maybe the files aren't up to date,
since the guide was we followed was meh, so we followed the official reiNX site guide, got all files up to date and stuff.
Again, Tegra>inject reiNX 1.6>anime girl splash>blackness>waiting/home menu>switchs boots up, but again, when I go to boot up the homebrew menu,
it just opens up the album instead, and we got no idea why.

I dunno if the switch is from the first batch or later, if someone knows how to check that, I will tell.
It got firmware 4.01, the microsd is a sandisk ultra 32gb, exfat formatted.
Edit: the serial is XAJ40039833187
If someone needs more info to find out why it won't boot up the homebrew menu, do please tell me how to find such info
'cause I'm pretty dumb
You are missing a folder under ReiNX/titles that ends in 100D which is supposed to contain the homebrew launcher.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it a good idea to unlink your nintendo account if you use CFW.
Asking because I read that after 6.0 you wont be able to unlink.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to always connect the console to pc/phone to launch renix? can it launch automatically on boot?
If you install an internal trinket or program an external modchip, you can launch from there instead.
Is it a good idea to unlink your nintendo account if you use CFW.
Asking because I read that after 6.0 you wont be able to unlink.
Its not impossible to unlink it on firmware 6.0; they just made it so you cannot unlink the account without calling Nintendo aka you cannot unlink from your console. Also unlinking an account is only worthwhile if you have any purchases you wish to retain on a hacked console assuming it gets banned in the future.

Reactions: rick191

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question about ban and backup game (don't know if i can have an answer here cause of the non piracy rule) :
Is CDNSP "safe"? Like i understand that it's kind of a direct download from nintendo eshop but if you download from your pc, the download is not linked to your switch ? (does it need your switch unique key to download ?)
So what's the best, nsp direct download from website or CDNSP ?
Thx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are missing a folder under ReiNX/titles that ends in 100D which is supposed to contain the homebrew launcher.
Nope, I have that, but I found out why it wasn't working, and it was effing dumb.
I had to format the sd from exfat to fat32, since to use the exfat format I had to update the switch :insert facepalm here:

Well, I did say I was pretty dumb. Sorry for making everyone lose their time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about ban and backup game (don't know if i can have an answer here cause of the non piracy rule) :
Is CDNSP "safe"? Like i understand that it's kind of a direct download from nintendo eshop but if you download from your pc, the download is not linked to your switch ? (does it need your switch unique key to download ?)
So what's the best, nsp direct download from website or CDNSP ?
Thx
CDNSP uses a certificate from a Switch to download content from Nintendo's servers (CDN=Content Distribution Network). That certificate could come from anywhere; your own console, a friend's, or a publicly donated one. The risk in getting banned falls solely on whomever that certificate belongs to; for example, if you are using your own, then you risk yourself getting banned. But if your using a public one, then that one is at risk of getting banned. The point I am trying to make is that doesn't matter so much where you get the .NSP files from. They are typically wiped of any console-specific identifiers before being uploaded otherwise they wouldn't work on another console. Also, the non-piracy rule only relates to asking where to obtain warez, not any discussion related otherwise.

Reactions: zboubinou

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to always connect the console to pc/phone to launch renix? can it launch automatically on boot?
Yes. (Or a dongle). No it cannot launch automatically at this time. This is why you see so many threads about dongles. Most just put the console to sleep, but on occasion it can go wonky and need a reboot.

Nope, I have that, but I found out why it wasn't working, and it was effing dumb.
I had to format the sd from exfat to fat32, since to use the exfat format I had to update the switch :insert facepalm here:

Well, I did say I was pretty dumb. Sorry for making everyone lose their time.
Many of us have done to same thing, you are not alone. Hakate has ExFat support so everything works fine until you try to load Hbl. Use ChoiDujourNX to get ExFat installed.

Last edited by thorasgar,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, got my sx os pro today and set it up - a few minor teething problems like blackscreening at first (the dongle needed charged) and not being able to activate the license online (I got an error code and had to shut down the switch but was able to activate it okay offline.) Anyway, is it important to make a copy of the sx os license/license-request files in case my sd card was corrupted? As long as a new sd card has those files on it the dongle would work okay? Appreciate any advice and apologies if this is a stupid question!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, got my sx os pro today and set it up - a few minor teething problems like blackscreening at first (the dongle needed charged) and not being able to activate the license online (I got an error code and had to shut down the switch but was able to activate it okay offline.) Anyway, is it important to make a copy of the sx os license/license-request files in case my sd card was corrupted? As long as a new sd card has those files on it the dongle would work okay? Appreciate any advice and apologies if this is a stupid question!
I would make at least 2 backups of both license files as losing those for good means having to purchase another license. Also the dongle doesn't need the license files to function, only the piracy options in SX OS require them. And so long as any SD card contains those files, that SD card will function with SX OS.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I would make at least 2 backups of both license files as losing those for good means having to purchase another license. Also the dongle doesn't need the license files to function, only the piracy options in SX OS require them. And so long as any SD card contains those files, that SD card will function with SX OS.
Thanks for clarifying that for me!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2