Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Myst0gan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what those blue components are?? Fuses??

Attachments

• IMG_20231026_223437.jpg
    IMG_20231026_223437.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had a Switch "heal" itself out of AutoRCM?

Haven't touched my Switch in 2 months, so I inevitably let its battery drain out.
I charged it a few days ago and when I went to pick it up today, it had booted into normal OFW.
Tried rebooting it, and it wouldn't go into RCM. Had to use a jig

I then checked the fuses, and of course it burnt all of them up to 16.0.0 because of this.

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am experiencing a weird issue with date/time of my switch, now running on Atmosphere with OS 17.0.0. The system date is correctly set, but I noticed that a wrong one appears i.e. when Super Mario Wonder shows the level "screenshots", they all state I am in 2017... what can I do to fix that?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well shit, my SD card got corrupted. Can't access most games on both emuNAND and sysNAND so I guess I'll have to reformat the SD card. My save files from games played only on sysNAND are safe, right? But what about the ones in emuNAND? I can't seem to access JKSV to back them up. Is there a way around this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I am just not sure on how to achieve that. As it is now, from Hekate I can boot either to Atmosphere (on emuNAND) or Stock CFW. Since the latter is not using Atmosphere, I cannot run homebrew apps like Daybreak. Can you suggest me how to achieve that in a safe way?
Well you will still need to run CFW no matter what but there are technically ways to do it without Daybreak. Since you asked for a safe way to do it, I'll only tell you about one of the procedures. Basically, you will install the system update in CFW. The reason Daybreak is able to prevent fuses from being burnt is due to CFW preventing AutoRCM from being overwritten. Using this knowledge, we can cut out Daybreak to preserve fuses when updating the system. In order to minimize the time in CFW, I recommend downloading the system update in Stock mode. Once the system update has finished downloading, do not install it yet and clear any Internet settings. After that, reboot the console into CFW and install the system update while ensuring AutoRCM is already active. If done correctly, the system will reboot to payload once the system update finishes installing.
Has anyone had a Switch "heal" itself out of AutoRCM?

Haven't touched my Switch in 2 months, so I inevitably let its battery drain out.
I charged it a few days ago and when I went to pick it up today, it had booted into normal OFW.
Tried rebooting it, and it wouldn't go into RCM. Had to use a jig

I then checked the fuses, and of course it burnt all of them up to 16.0.0 because of this.
Well not by itself but if someone updated the console online then chose not to turn the console off and instead let the battery drain out, it can look like the console reversed AutoRCM by itself.
I am experiencing a weird issue with date/time of my switch, now running on Atmosphere with OS 17.0.0. The system date is correctly set, but I noticed that a wrong one appears i.e. when Super Mario Wonder shows the level "screenshots", they all state I am in 2017... what can I do to fix that?
You can use switchtime to sync your clock
Well shit, my SD card got corrupted. Can't access most games on both emuNAND and sysNAND so I guess I'll have to reformat the SD card. My save files from games played only on sysNAND are safe, right? But what about the ones in emuNAND? I can't seem to access JKSV to back them up. Is there a way around this?
Saves are normally stored in the internal memory of the console. Since only your SD card was corrupted, the save files for sysMMC are fine. But the internal memory for emuMMC exists on the SD card; more specifically, in the internal partition. So if your SD card, where the saves for emuMMC are stored, is corrupted, then your saves for emuMMC have also become corrupted.

Reactions: Blythe93

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Saves are normally stored in the internal memory of the console. Since only your SD card was corrupted, the save files for sysMMC are fine. But the internal memory for emuMMC exists on the SD card; more specifically, in the internal partition. So if your SD card, where the saves for emuMMC are stored, is corrupted, then your saves for emuMMC have also become corrupted.
Thanks for the reply. Whenever I try to boot JKSV I get error 2168-0002, related program ID 010000000000100D, but I have no folder with that ID. Is there really no way to access or backup the save files?

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you will still need to run CFW no matter what but there are technically ways to do it without Daybreak. Since you asked for a safe way to do it, I'll only tell you about one of the procedures. Basically, you will install the system update in CFW. The reason Daybreak is able to prevent fuses from being burnt is due to CFW preventing AutoRCM from being overwritten. Using this knowledge, we can cut out Daybreak to preserve fuses when updating the system. In order to minimize the time in CFW, I recommend downloading the system update in Stock mode. Once the system update has finished downloading, do not install it yet and clear any Internet settings. After that, reboot the console into CFW and install the system update while ensuring AutoRCM is already active. If done correctly, the system will reboot to payload once the system update finishes installing.

So, I just need to add the correct configuration to my current hekate_ipl.ini file, and enter CFW on sysNAND just to use Daybreak and then I can just turn off and then boot again on sysNAND but without Atmosphere.

Now I see that the default ini file provided by sdsetup already contains that part, while the one I manually created following the "other" guide was missing that one (maybe one of the "issues" you mentioned earlier).

Since I am there, can you help me with this other line, first of all I am not sure of what it actually does (but now it worries me and I wonder if I should remove it).

bootprotect=0

(The easier way would be, I believe, to replace altogether that .ini file with the one inside the sdsetup zip file)

You can use switchtime to sync your clock

Painfully slow to go all the way from 2017 to 2023 with that tool... but managing to get there :-P

Last edited by desgrassia,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Whenever I try to boot JKSV I get error 2168-0002, related program ID 010000000000100D, but I have no folder with that ID. Is there really no way to access or backup the save files?
That is the Album which I presume you are using to load the homebrew menu. Instead of the Album, try launching the homebrew menu via title override aka booting a game while holding the R button.
So, I just need to add the correct configuration to my current hekate_ipl.ini file, and enter CFW on sysNAND just to use Daybreak and then I can just turn off and then boot again on sysNAND but without Atmosphere.

Now I see that the default ini file provided by sdsetup already contains that part, while the one I manually created following the "other" guide was missing that one (maybe one of the "issues" you mentioned earlier).

Since I am there, can you help me with this other line, first of all I am not sure of what it actually does (but now it worries me and I wonder if I should remove it).

bootprotect=0

(The easier way would be, I believe, to replace altogether that .ini file with the one inside the sdsetup zip file)

Painfully slow to go all the way from 2017 to 2023 with that tool... but managing to get there :-P
Bootprotect is a setting that if enabled prevents your /bootloader folder from being altered when in CFW or Stock Mode (not OFW). It doesn't need to be enabled but if you're paranoid about a malicious homebrew or accidentally doing something to that folder, you can toggle it on. By the way, most questions about the hekate_ipl.ini file can be addressed by reading the Hekate GitHub page. I certainly do not know everything, including your question, so I used that page to answer your query

Fool88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear all,

I don’t want to be stupid but I need some help with my unpatched switch!

I just recently bought this switch and I want to have a clean fresh installation of the jailbreak with an empty / fresh SD card as well.

I found a nice tutorial on this website to jailbreak a switch but I can’t find a tutorial how to set up a fresh installation when a switch is already jailbroken.

Please can someone inform me how this can be done?

Firmware 17.0.0 is installed on the switch.
I’ve got a JIG / usb cable and a 128 new SD.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear all,

I don’t want to be stupid but I need some help with my unpatched switch!

I just recently bought this switch and I want to have a clean fresh installation of the jailbreak with an empty / fresh SD card as well.

I found a nice tutorial on this website to jailbreak a switch but I can’t find a tutorial how to set up a fresh installation when a switch is already jailbroken.

Please can someone inform me how this can be done?

Firmware 17.0.0 is installed on the switch.
I’ve got a JIG / usb cable and a 128 new SD.

You would do it like you were doing it completely new

https://rentry.org/CFWGuides

Fool88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for your quick reply.
To understand your link I can use 1 or 2 difference between them is that the if I use tutorial 1 I install the “jailbreak” on EmuNAND instead of SysNAND and that means I’ll create a clone of the system, so the original system files are untouched?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your quick reply.
To understand your link I can use 1 or 2 difference between them is that the if I use tutorial 1 I install the “jailbreak” on EmuNAND instead of SysNAND and that means I’ll create a clone of the system, so the original system files are untouched?

If you already installed pirated game on Sysnand then you have no need of an emunand, if your Sysnand is clean for online play, you should create an emunand.

desgrassia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
most questions about the hekate_ipl.ini file can be addressed by reading the Hekate GitHub page. I certainly do not know everything, including your question, so I used that page to answer your query
I saw that page but I did not understand it completely, so I preferred to ask. I am still scared I can do something irreversible that can get me in trouble :)

Anyway, I am going to modify that hekate ini file and enable cfw on sysnand too, just to set the current date and time :) and download the official firmware. I guess I could also use the same files I already downloaded "elsewhere" and used for emunand, but I also want to see how this goes now :)

btw, I thought that the clock would be set at hardware level, but also NetworkSystemClock looks tied to the currently running firmware, in fact I was surprised that booting into stock it was again set to 2017, while rebooting again in CFW it retained the changes made by the switchtime homebrew app

so... thank you again for all your help and your patience and... if you have any final warnings for me before taking the switch online, feel free to speak now :)

Fool88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you already installed pirated game on Sysnand then you have no need of an emunand, if your Sysnand is clean for online play, you should create an emunand.
I don’t now if pirates games are played on the sysnand.. how can I verify of this was happend?

Fool88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks again, so to understand this correct.

I don’t want to play online with this switch so I can choose Sysnand and ensure that default.txt is located in /atmosphere/hosts/ text from the tutorial. After that it won’t make any effect if airplane mode is on or off, correct?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, so to understand this correct.

I don’t want to play online with this switch so I can choose Sysnand and ensure that default.txt is located in /atmosphere/hosts/ text from the tutorial. After that it won’t make any effect if airplane mode is on or off, correct?

That is correct, you have to use DNSMitm if you want to blank out your serial number.

Fool88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have a link to a little tutorial for DNSMitm?

I followed step 2 of the first link you gave me and I booted into atmosphere CFW, still TinFoil (from previous owner) is present, but when I click to open it says: the software data is not downloaded, it will be downloaded now. I press cancel.. do I just need to follow a guide to install tinfoil again or do you have another better solution?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link to a little tutorial for DNSMitm?

I followed step 2 of the first link you gave me and I booted into atmosphere CFW, still TinFoil (from previous owner) is present, but when I click to open it says: the software data is not downloaded, it will be downloaded now. I press cancel.. do I just need to follow a guide to install tinfoil again or do you have another better solution?

The rentry link has guide on DNSMitm, there is a longer list on Sthetix HATS pack.

wielku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"The software was closed because an error occurred." after updating software and pretty much everything in emummc, no game launches whatsover

UPDATE:
"REMEMBER TO REMOVE NX-FPS.elf and ReverseNX-RT.elf FROM SaltySD/plugins FOLDER, otherwise there will be dragons!"

yuuup reading comprehension is quite important

Last edited by wielku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?