Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load the software dont show any drives on computer used sd adapter to access
Post automatically merged:

should i get from target a nintendo sandisk card instead
If nothing shows up on your computer when you plug the SD card in, how do you put files onto your SD card? Also, don't get a new SD card until we confirm your current one is fake.

johnny6668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nothing shows up on your computer when you plug the SD card in, how do you put files onto your SD card? Also, don't get a new SD card until we confirm your current one is fake.
hi i just put in the sd are in my computer and copy to the sd card then put back in to switch and install through awoo. dbi doesnt want to install anything either. not sure whats going on

Arcanine9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's an Issue with DBI on the latest atmosphere, NSP's don't install and instead crash the APP when trying. Everything is up to date including the sig patches, TInfoil installs NSP's fine, DBI doesn't which I prefer. Also NSP forwarders that are installed for example the homebrew launcher, or even the latest 16.0 Tinfoil NSP end up telling me they are corrupted when trying to launch them. Also fusee.bin just ends up giving me a black screen after trying to load it through payloads, though I normally use sysnand anyways. It use to load before the atmosphere update.

johnny6668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got another sd card same problem will try tinwoo now lets see should i install the new atmosphere my firmware is 14.1.1

Last edited by johnny6668,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an Issue with DBI on the latest atmosphere, NSP's don't install and instead crash the APP when trying. Everything is up to date including the sig patches, TInfoil installs NSP's fine, DBI doesn't which I prefer. Also NSP forwarders that are installed for example the homebrew launcher, or even the latest 16.0 Tinfoil NSP end up telling me they are corrupted when trying to launch them. Also fusee.bin just ends up giving me a black screen after trying to load it through payloads, though I normally use sysnand anyways. It use to load before the atmosphere update.

Which version of DBI are you using?
https://gbatemp.net/download/dbi-installer.37789/

Are you sure you have latest Sigpatches deployed?
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Did you download the latest fusee.bin from the Atmosphere GitHub?
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Arcanine9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which version of DBI are you using?
https://gbatemp.net/download/dbi-installer.37789/

Are you sure you have latest Sigpatches deployed?
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

Did you download the latest fusee.bin from the Atmosphere GitHub?
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Latest version from GitHub, I updated the sig patches from that thread, but I did it again just to be sure. Same with fusee, downloaded it again just to be sure. Same problem, DBI says "Installing to SD", but doesn't do anything before crashing with an error. Tried various NSP's, same issue. I also tried the NSP forwarder for DBI to see if it would make a difference, same thing.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest version from GitHub, I updated the sig patches from that thread, but I did it again just to be sure. Same with fusee, downloaded it again just to be sure. Same problem, DBI says "Installing to SD", but doesn't do anything before crashing with an error. Tried various NSP's, same issue. I also tried the NSP forwarder for DBI to see if it would make a difference, same thing.
Try the latest version in the link I provided above. It’s version 493.

please upgrade and then take a screenshot of the error.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • Wow
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like there exists version 503r, fully compatible with firmware 16, but possibly in russian language? It would seem the dev got upset by somebody here. Interesting read here:
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases/tag/503r
Well shit, man. We just had to go there. I’ve gone out of my way to be sure to be respectful at all times with all things considered. I don’t think the person meant it that way, but I can understand why it could be taken that way.

I’ve been watching the usual spot where it’s been released and it’s just been sitting there at 493 for days after the update and I knew there would need to be FS changes. Was hoping folks were just busy and not pissed off. Alas…

C03F8076-5391-48B1-A7B9-15756D523B53.jpeg

Thanks for posting this crucial update!

I will make note of it in my Russian speaking people friendly download link and hope fences can be mended soon!

Reactions: Dust2dust

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything aside from 100% pure Nintendo puts you at some amount of risk.
Maybe not today but we don’t know about the future.

With that in mind, CFW on Sysnand would round up to safe. There are many that do this very thing Online all the time for several,years.
Using JKSV on CFW Sysnand would also round up to safe.

Combined, if that’s all you’re doing, the risk would still probably round up to safe.

I don’t know enough about that game’s specifics to say one way or the other.

IMO you’re probably right. If you’re not doing any of that…you’re probably fine today. Can’t speak for the future…
Sorry for the late respone, I was very busy yesterday.
So, basically it is mostly safe to do the things I want to.

Also I have been reading about that sigpatches and clearing logs will get you banned, but what are those. The only thing I know is that when I did all this stuff, I had to drag some folders that where named sigpatches or something like that to the sd card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late respone, I was very busy yesterday.
So, basically it is mostly safe to do the things I want to.
rounded up, yes.
Just have to repeat though:
Even so, there is always some amount of risk, even if it rounds up to yes. If you end up being that 1 in a million edge case, it will still feel like 100% to you. :-)
Also I have been reading about that sigpatches and clearing logs will get you banned, but what are those. The only thing I know is that when I did all this stuff, I had to drag some folders that where named sigpatches or something like that to the sd card.
Sigpatches trick the Horizon Operating System (HOS) in to believing the game you installed from your “backup dump”, as an NSP or XCI, has all the proper cryptographic signatures. The typical reason for this would be piracy, which we do not condone here on GBATemp because it’s bad.

The logs have TONS of details about what you’ve been doing, including installing “backup dumps” or if said games crashed or any number of system changes you might have made. Those logs can be used to determine if you‘ve violated the Ninty Terms of Service and if you have then your System can be banned. What is equally suspicious is if your logs that were initially flowing to Ninty, stop for a while and when your Switch checks back in, all the logging is suspiciously missing. The only way these files could possibly go missing is if you hacked your Switch and used tools to delete them which would lead Ninty to believe that since yiu have the capability to do so, you were feeling guilty about what you were doing and it was likely something that was against their terms of service…annnnnnd the cycle repeats.

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rounded up, yes.
Just have to repeat though:
Even so, there is always some amount of risk, even if it rounds up to yes. If you end up being that 1 in a million edge case, it will still feel like 100% to you. :-)

Sigpatches trick the Horizon Operating System (HOS) in to believing the game you installed from your “backup dump”, as an NSP or XCI, has all the proper cryptographic signatures. The typical reason for this would be piracy, which we do not condone here on GBATemp because it’s bad.

The logs have TONS of details about what you’ve been doing, including installing “backup dumps” or if said games crashed or any number of system changes you might have made. Those logs can be used to determine if you‘ve violated the Ninty Terms of Service and if you have then your System can be banned. What is equally suspicious is if your logs that were initially flowing to Ninty, stop for a while and when your Switch checks back in, all the logging is suspiciously missing. The only way these files could possibly go missing is if you hacked your Switch and used tools to delete them which would lead Ninty to believe that since yiu have the capability to do so, you were feeling guilty about what you were doing and it was likely something that was against their terms of service…annnnnnd the cycle repeats.
Ok, but those happens on emunand or cwf & stocksysnand?
For example someone had a pirated game crashed on emunand, would that also affect the sysnand?

I don't know what to delete from the sd card so I should keept those sigpatches files?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but those happens on emunand or cwf & stocksysnand?
For example someone had a pirated game crashed on emunand, would that also affect the sysnand?

I don't know what to delete from the sd card so I should keept those sigpatches files?
You shouldn’t go Online with your Emunand if it has ever had dubious software installed.

Emunand activities don’t touch Sysnand and vice versa. They are essentially two separate systems that are not aware of each other.

Under Atmosphere, by default, your logs are redirected anyway so it’s not an issue. It doesn’t erase old logs, it just doesn’t create any new logs.

What you should delete?
What is the scenario you are in and what are you hoping to achieve?

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn’t go Online with your Emunand if it has ever had dubious software installed.

Emunand activities don’t touch Sysnand and vice versa. They are essentially two separate systems that are not aware of each other.

Under Atmosphere, by default, your logs are redirected anyway so it’s not an issue. It doesn’t erase old logs, it just doesn’t create any new logs.

What you should delete?
What is the scenario you are in and what are you hoping to achieve?
I was wondering that if sigpatches are used to play "those games" then I actually don't need them and having those in my SD can get me banned.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering that if sigpatches are used to play "those games" then I actually don't need them and having those in my SD can get me banned.
Easy solve. Unzip the original zip file, locate the files in the same directories and remove them. Job done.

PercuOcto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy solve. Unzip the original zip file, locate the files in the same directories and remove them. Job done.
Oh ok, I won't be using emunand, so I want to know how to delete, but it later, because I am a little busy.
For now, I want to know how to play online on cfwsynand.

Ghostplane64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hacked my switch a while ago and I recently checked the rentry guide I used to see if there are any updates. I notice a new precaution before hacking your switch.

You will need to disable automated backing up of your save data.
  • To do this, go to ⚙️Settings 🠆 Data Management 🠆 Save Data Cloud 🠆 Settings and disable Automatically Back Up Save Data and Automatically Download Save Data.

I didn't have a switch online membership to disable save data when I hacked my switch so I'm asking what disabling the setting does and if I subscribe to switch online after I hacked my switch, will I get banned since the setting will be on already?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hacked my switch a while ago and I recently checked the rentry guide I used to see if there are any updates. I notice a new precaution before hacking your switch.

You will need to disable automated backing up of your save data.
  • To do this, go to ⚙️Settings 🠆 Data Management 🠆 Save Data Cloud 🠆 Settings and disable Automatically Back Up Save Data and Automatically Download Save Data.

I didn't have a switch online membership to disable save data when I hacked my switch so I'm asking what disabling the setting does and if I subscribe to switch online after I hacked my switch, will I get banned since the setting will be on already?
In your case…it will do nothing. You will not be subscribing to NSO using yiur emunand so there’s nothing to fix. If you later subscribe using you Sysnand it will behave as normal and sign you up to NSO.

Reactions: Ghostplane64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme