Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O ok I know I had some dlc character packs for super smash bros and Im guessing gotta get to a certain point to get them to show up
The DLC is split into 2 parts; the DLC files themselves and updates. The DLC files are around 120 KB. That is way too small to contain an actual DLC character. That is because they don't contain the DLC character but act as a key or "unlocker" for when the DLC character will be released. The DLC characters data is actually embedded in game updates. If you watched the latest Nintendo Direct, they stated that Joker would be coming in Version 3.0. This means Joker's character data will be in the update but you cannot access it without the 120 KB DLC unlocker file installed (which would be the same if you legally purchased the DLC). Piranha Plant is the same case where he was actually added in Version 2.0 but you need his respective DLC unlocker.

Krayziezay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DLC is split into 2 parts; the DLC files themselves and updates. The DLC files are around 120 KB. That is way too small to contain an actual DLC character. That is because they don't contain the DLC character but act as a key or "unlocker" for when the DLC character will be released. The DLC characters data is actually embedded in game updates. If you watched the latest Nintendo Direct, they stated that Joker would be coming in Version 3.0. This means Joker's character data will be in the update but you cannot access it without the 120 KB DLC unlocker file installed (which would be the same if you legally purchased the DLC). Piranha Plant is the same case where he was actually added in Version 2.0 but you need his respective DLC unlocker.
Ahhh gotcha thanks for explaing that

Eternal_WiiU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole switch and cfw thing. My current switch is based on 7.0.1 and i'd like to use some homebrew. Is the SX OS still a valid thing for me?
Can i buy a sx pro dongle and launch atmosphere as long as the SX OS isn't supporting 7.0.x on it's own?

Thanks for your help!

D

Deleted User

Is a Payload injector required? I am going to use the atmosphere cfw and I see people with these payload injector usb type c dongle things. Is this required or do I not have to buy it?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole switch and cfw thing. My current switch is based on 7.0.1 and i'd like to use some homebrew. Is the SX OS still a valid thing for me?
Can i buy a sx pro dongle and launch atmosphere as long as the SX OS isn't supporting 7.0.x on it's own?

Thanks for your help!

Ye

Is a Payload injector required? I am going to use the atmosphere cfw and I see people with these payload injector usb type c dongle things. Is this required or do I not have to buy it?

no they are not required you can use a pc and usb c cable

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Atmosphere cannot mount .XCI files but you can either install them into your system or convert the files into .NSP format with a wide variety of tools. Some examples include dOPUS, n1dus, 4NXCI, and xci2nsp.

Thank you so much for you reply. I've tried 4NXCI but failed everytime I tried to convert a game. What I did is dumped from console info fuses and TSEC keys and then used Lockpick_RCM payload to dump the other keys but always return Keys mismatch when trying to convert game. However, there is a guy who provided a key.dat that actually worked for me and converted the game from XCI to NSP but those keys aren't mine. Can you please tell me how to dump the keys off my switch so I can convert games from XCI to NSP with my own 7.0.1 keys?

EIDT: It actually converted the game to NSP. So do I just ignore the fact that there were like a bunch of "Failed to match key" error?
EDIT2: Latest 4NXCI removes key warnings.

Cheers

Last edited by MTG,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are you using to put the Switch into RCM? A paper clip or something made for it? Any recommendations?

Old-Skool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant access the settings menu for some reason. The system just crashes and when I checked the system settings on the Atmosphere folder this something what I basically got.

; Disable uploading error reports to Nintendo
[eupld]
upload_enabled = u8!0x0
; Enable USB 3.0 superspeed for homebrew
[usb]
usb30_force_enabled = u8!0x0
; Atmosphere custom settings
[atmosphere]
; Make the power menu's "reboot" button reboot to payload.
; Set to "normal" for normal reboot, "rcm" for rcm reboot.
power_menu_reboot_function = str!payload
; Controls whether dmnt cheats should be toggled on or off by
; default. 1 = toggled on by default, 0 = toggled off by default.
dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1

but not the actually nintendo settings

Lawletto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I was just wondering, I have a 6.2.0 OFW currently.

What would you advise me to do when I get my SXPRO ? And do you know how I can check if my fw allows me to read exFat µsd card ?

Thanks

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello everyone, I was just wondering, I have a 6.2.0 OFW currently.

What would you advise me to do when I get my SXPRO ? And do you know how I can check if my fw allows me to read exFat µsd card ?

Thanks
Create NAND backup, create EmuNAND, update EmuNAND to 6.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX (keep offline), update SysNAND if you want to play online with system update. You can check if you put a exFAT micro sd card in. If exFAT update is NOT installed, it will inform you to update.

Reactions: Lawletto

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
New SX OS user here.
I just set up EmuNAND, but if I try to boot to it, I get a black screen after the Nintendo logo. (No Switch logo yet)

Is this because my SD Card is formatted in exFAT, but my SysNAND doesn't actually support that yet, and thus neither does the EmuNAND, and because of that, for some reason, just doesn't boot?

If so, how can I fix this, without messing with the clean SysNAND? :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New SX OS user here.
I just set up EmuNAND, but if I try to boot to it, I get a black screen after the Nintendo logo. (No Switch logo yet)

Is this because my SD Card is formatted in exFAT, but my SysNAND doesn't actually support that yet, and thus neither does the EmuNAND, and because of that, for some reason, just doesn't boot?

If so, how can I fix this, without messing with the clean SysNAND? :)
Use FAT32

Reactions: Adr990

Lawletto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Create NAND backup, create EmuNAND, update EmuNAND to 6.2.0 with ChoiDujourNX (keep offline), update SysNAND if you want to play online with system update. You can check if you put a exFAT micro sd card in. If exFAT update is NOT installed, it will inform you to update.

Perfect ! Thank you very much :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just formatted my SD to Fat32, I placed back my license, boot.dat and payload.bin.
But now it shows the SX logo and turns off the Switch.

I formatted the whole SD, including the EmuNAND, to start with a clean slate.
Is there something I forgot?
How big is the SD card? How did you format it to FAT32? And what cluster/allocation size did you use?

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have just installed and played my first game on CFW so thank you @Draxzelex. Got a question tho if I have a genuine cartridge games and game needs an update, will the game works if I install the update offline?

vanir29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
does backup works only in ofw? can I backup even if I am in CFW (atmosphere)? doesn't matter if its not clean, I just needed a restore point if something goes wrong, I may have already asked this in this thread but I got confused if the answer refers to OFW or CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...