Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Wanap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Now I get error "can't load test.ini" when trying to install a game as .xci through zerotwo? Do I need to do something else than just drop the .xci file to the correct folder? What are tsec keys?

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since i could not find any answer to my solution, i did it anyway, now heres the result.
I did a complete factory reset through Systemsettings - Console - Format - Factory Reset.
Everything, including my user profile was deleted, but i still retained the EXfat update and my ReinX firmware and accessing the cfw stuff via album still works (obviously).
So for anyone who had the same question, there you go.
Now i guess, i need to contact Nintendo, to tell them to unlink my Switch with some sort "i sold the console and forgot to unlink it" lie.

Last edited by DieHardjagged,

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm a longtime 3DS/Wii U/Wii CFW user. I'm considering hacking my Switch.

I have a launch day switch running 4.0.1. From what I understand, this is golden.

However...I also really want to play the new Smash Bros Ultimate online.

My understanding is that if I update normally, I may no longer be able to get a CFW. But if I get a CFW, it's hard to know what will get me banned.

I like running backups because I frequently lose cartridges- but I buy cartridges because I share games with my wife and I don't want to have to buy games twice (sadly Nintendo supports no family sharing).

What is the current view of SX OS's EmuNAND? Could I play offline game backups (like BotW) under EmuNAND and update the main SysNAND for the games I want to play online? I know no one can say for certain, but are the odds of being banned fairly low?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm a longtime 3DS/Wii U/Wii CFW user. I'm considering hacking my Switch.

I have a launch day switch running 4.0.1. From what I understand, this is golden.

However...I also really want to play the new Smash Bros Ultimate online.

My understanding is that if I update normally, I may no longer be able to get a CFW. But if I get a CFW, it's hard to know what will get me banned.

I like running backups because I frequently lose cartridges- but I buy cartridges because I share games with my wife and I don't want to have to buy games twice (sadly Nintendo supports no family sharing).

What is the current view of SX OS's EmuNAND? Could I play offline game backups (like BotW) under EmuNAND and update the main SysNAND for the games I want to play online? I know no one can say for certain, but are the odds of being banned fairly low?
SX OS' EmuNAND runs from the NAND rather than the SD card meaning it is detectable by Nintendo. It would be better and safer if it was emulated from the SD card but that implementation is being planned out by the ReSwitched team for their CFW, Atmosphere. However there is no estimated release date on their version of EmuNAND. That being said, no one thus far has been banned for solely using EmuNAND which may mean its safe but a new firmware update can change the situation in a flash. Making a clean NAND backup before hacking, staying offline with CFW/homebrew, and then restoring that NAND backup before going online is safer than their version of EmuNAND but a bit of a pain to constantly do. Its up to you to decide which route you wish to pursue.

Reactions: Praxis

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I somehow got my Switch to hang up while being in the cfw album folder while it wrote some files onto the sd card and thus somehow reverted back to its ofw, i restarted the system and got a black screen with a error message, since then my jig wont trigger reinx anymore.
I guess i would need to restore boot0/1 to fix it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow got my Switch to hang up while being in the cfw album folder while it wrote some files onto the sd card and thus somehow reverted back to its ofw, i restarted the system and got a black screen with a error message, since then my jig wont trigger reinx anymore.
I guess i would need to restore boot0/1 to fix it?
RCM can't be patched out. Your jig's metal may have been altered from the last time you were able to enter RCM. I'd only restore the boot0/boot1 if they have AutoRCM already installed; re-installing them won't affect your ability to enter RCM.

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RCM can't be patched out. Your jig's metal may have been altered from the last time you were able to enter RCM. I'd only restore the boot0/boot1 if they have AutoRCM already installed; re-installing them won't affect your ability to enter RCM.

I found the problem, apparently the files on the card had to be copied from a backup to make it work because they somehow corrupted and wouldnt trigger the cfw.

Bravalerie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is SXOS' stealth mode safe?
I'm interested in FTP transfer and maybe the online-LAN play but I haven't ever connected my console because maybe i want to restore a clean nand and play normally.

Can it trigger a ban? Should I add some DNS before? Thank you in advice.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is SXOS' stealth mode safe?
I'm interested in FTP transfer and maybe the online-LAN play but I haven't ever connected my console because maybe i want to restore a clean nand and play normally.

Can it trigger a ban? Should I add some DNS before? Thank you in advice.
SX OS' Stealth Mode is more like a self-imposed ban similar to Airplane Mode however it specifically blocks Nintendo-related URLs so its slightly better than raw Airplane Mode. This means its impossible to be banned while using it and you may be banned once you stop using it. A DNS server, such as 90DNS, accomplishes the same thing in practice however if the host stops blocking the URLs, then you may accidentally connect without realizing it. If you are worried that may happen, you can block the URLs yourself.

Reactions: Bravalerie

Shmilcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi

I put this in noob, as I curently at a loss as to what happened, and apparantly some dumb shit was done (my fault)
first of all - Switch is at version 6.0 (yes I know) and was running CFW with NSP games. Nand was apparently not fully backed up. only the fuses and tsec_keys were backed up.
it was not in airplane mode (yes, I know)
the switch was banned (no big deal)
but someone (let's say me) pressed a games update instead of run software. and nintendo sent some update which required a reboot.
after that - all hell broke loose. the CFW stopped working, and the SD got corrupted.
I formatted the SD and put the switch into airplane mode - however - it refuses to run any nsp game, either from SD or from nand.
any ideas what nintendo did and what can be done to avoid it?
I know this was irresponsible, but can I get out of this now? the only game running is the game from the cartridge.
thanks for any help

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I put this in noob, as I curently at a loss as to what happened, and apparantly some dumb shit was done (my fault)
first of all - Switch is at version 6.0 (yes I know) and was running CFW with NSP games. Nand was apparently not fully backed up. only the fuses and tsec_keys were backed up.
it was not in airplane mode (yes, I know)
the switch was banned (no big deal)
but someone (let's say me) pressed a games update instead of run software. and nintendo sent some update which required a reboot.
after that - all hell broke loose. the CFW stopped working, and the SD got corrupted.
I formatted the SD and put the switch into airplane mode - however - it refuses to run any nsp game, either from SD or from nand.
any ideas what nintendo did and what can be done to avoid it?
I know this was irresponsible, but can I get out of this now? the only game running is the game from the cartridge.
thanks for any help
Your SD card was most likely formatted as exFAT (exFAT has been known to cause corruption) and you updated to a firmware that doesn't support exFAT. Either download exFAT support by inserting an exFAT formatted SD card and accepting the SDXC prompt or format your SD card to FAT32 and use the homebrew application to patch your firmware to have exFAT support. If your SD card is bigger than 32 GB, you will need to use a third-party program such as GUIFormat.
What is the meaning of "Supernagged" , Gag order shows that,i just cant find out whats that supposed to mean exactly.
If you downloaded a System Update, you will be nagged to update the system which can be removed by simply entering Nintendo's, not Nvidia's, maintenance menu. The "Supernag" is when you are told to update your system without a pending system update. It is triggered by having the console online and can only be removed by editing a flag in the console via Gag Order which doesn't work on firmwares past 4.1 since that was the highest confirmed firmware Deja Vu worked on at the time.

movietime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my Switch is running SX OS 2.0.1 (with EmuNAND enabled and Auto RCM Enabled/Installed) and OFW is 4.1.0.
I had got error message 2144-0001 while playing games and it took me out of the SX OS. Now even though auto RCM is enabled, I still have to use the pin/tin foil to put it into RCM mode and inject the payload. I have read that when auto RCM is enabled, the Switch goes into RCM automatically without using jig. I have also verified that my serial is XAW100798XX which is not listed into the patched RCM Switch list.
Can someone please explain why it's doing it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1