Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a launch switch I installed atmosphere on maybe a year ago, I stopped using it and am going to sell it. Do I need to do anything special regarding removing my NNID or other tasks to prepare it for sale?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a launch switch I installed atmosphere on maybe a year ago, I stopped using it and am going to sell it. Do I need to do anything special regarding removing my NNID or other tasks to prepare it for sale?
If the sysMMC is dirty, restore the clean sysMMC backup you made. Format the system from the system settings to disconnect your NNID. Disclose to the buyer that CFW was used previously, in case it gets banned.

Tony_92

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
What options do I have to update a really old (from 5/2018) clean NAND backup to the current firmware? I'm planning to move my current cfw installation to emuMMC and restore an old backup to have clean ofw.

I know I've burnt at least one fuse during these few years when meddling with the Switch, so the clean NAND backup won't boot unless I manage to update the firmware on it somehow.

Last edited by Tony_92,
Reactions: Kanakops

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do restore your NAND backup, just make sure you have a SysNAND backup in case something goes wrong. (You get a backup with Hekate)
EmuMMC won't be affected from this. None of your data will be deleted both in SysNAND and EmuMMC.
I screwed up and installed nsp's onto my sysnand and I'd like too now go online with legit games I have bought. So I need to clean my sysnand so I can then update it to do so. Any ideas the steps I need to do and any way to do so without having to reinstall all my games again?

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the sysMMC is dirty, restore the clean sysMMC backup you made. Format the system from the system settings to disconnect your NNID. Disclose to the buyer that CFW was used previously, in case it gets banned.

Thanks for the background, but I'm not really sure if my sysMMC is dirty or not. I first installed CFW in 2018 when online stopped being free, then I updated it sometime in the last year to a newer format. I don't really remember what all I did back then, though I do have some backup files still saved to my backups directory. So would I have sysMMC dirt or emuMMC dirt or both? I think I definitely did the latter when my last hacking was done. I'm guessing if sysMMC is the "old, outdated" one, then I would have done that too.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the background, but I'm not really sure if my sysMMC is dirty or not. I first installed CFW in 2018 when online stopped being free, then I updated it sometime in the last year to a newer format. I don't really remember what all I did back then, though I do have some backup files still saved to my backups directory. So would I have sysMMC dirt or emuMMC dirt or both? I think I definitely did the latter when my last hacking was done. I'm guessing if sysMMC is the "old, outdated" one, then I would have done that too.
Did you ever play pirated games on the Switch? Which homebrew applications, if any, did you use?

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever play pirated games on the Switch? Which homebrew applications, if any, did you use?

I once tried and failed to install a pirate game. I don't remember using much homebrew beyond what was installed by default through the homebrew browser. I also once tried to copy smash bros ultimate off of its game card onto my memory card so that I could play it without needing the card in, and it installed but wouldn't launch. That's all I really remember. Switch is unfortunately a system that after online stopped being free, basically became dead to me, so while I set stuff up, it didn't rekindle my interest in it I'm afraid. Hope that I answered your question despite the gaps in my memory.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I screwed up and installed nsp's onto my sysnand and I'd like too now go online with legit games I have bought. So I need to clean my sysnand so I can then update it to do so. Any ideas the steps I need to do and any way to do so without having to reinstall all my games again?
If you have NAND backup then you can restore it without an issue as far as I know. If you don't have a NAND backup then you may want to try this. But, this tool should be your last resort, and before running the tool make sure you have a NAND backup.

(If you restore the NAND) The games that you have installed when you had the NAND backup will stay and probably the games that were in micro sd too. Your game saves will be back you where it was at the time you made the backup. To get through this you need to get backup of all the legal games via Checkpoint and restore them after you restored the NAND, this may increase your ban risk. I would recommend you to go with emuNAND, just restore the saves in here and play them in EmuNAND.

Last edited by GCS,
Reactions: laz305

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What options do I have to update a really old (from 5/2018) clean NAND backup to the current firmware? I'm planning to move my current cfw installation to emuMMC and restore an old backup to have clean ofw.

I know I've burnt at least one fuse during these few years when meddling with the Switch, so the clean NAND backup won't boot unless I manage to update the firmware on it somehow.

Good question I hope someone will answer you

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have NAND backup then you can restore it without an issue as far as I know. If you don't have a NAND backup then you may want to try this. But, this tool should be your last resort, and before running the tool make sure you have a NAND backup.

(If you restore the NAND) The games that you have installed when you had the NAND backup will stay and probably the games that were in micro sd too. Your game saves will be back you where it was at the time you made the backup. To get through this you need to get backup of all the legal games via Checkpoint and restore them after you restored the NAND, this may increase your ban risk. I would recommend you to go with emuNAND, just restore the saves in here and play them in EmuNAND.
Thanks yes I have a nand clean backup to restore too. Man I can’t believe nobody has done a how to video on this. I’d just like to know what I’m about to get myself into and what precautions I should take. Yeah I took a look at Checkpoint, it doesn’t look so cut and dry for me. Is there another way to backup saves? So after I do restore you say my games on emuMMC will still be there and work? And after restore how should I update from 9.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you don't mind making it dirty, you can use either Daybreak or ChoiDujourNX to update the firmware offline. If you want to try and keep it clean, you can boot into Stock mode via Hekate then update online. If you use this method and want to avoid burning additional fuses, I recommend downloading the update in Stock mode then installing it in CFW to prevent AutoRCM from being removed thus preserving the fuses.

Rouk

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey everyone! First of all, sorry for my english and if something i´m going to ask is not in the correct place, just let me know.
I´m totally noob but i´d like to start in this homebrew world. I´ve been reading guides everywhere and is just a little chaos for me, lots of steps, archives, etc.
I have some questions:
I have switch since nov 17. Is not patched or anything. My actual firmware is 4.1.0. (i just played zelda and odyssey, and after i had a lot of time without use) My questions are:

1. Should i update to 10.2.0 and then start all the process to make my backup/install emummc, etc, or should i make the backup with 4.1.0? I´m really confused about the burning fuses thing, i dont know what consequences are behind that. If its better have the clean backup with a 'younger' firmware or its indifferent.
My plan is use hetake and atmosphere, i dont know if that's important for this.

2. Exfat ot fat32? I find all the time contradiction information about this. (I have this sandisk 128gb sd card with a mushroom draw, like nintendo edition)

3. If i make all the process, and finally set AutoRCM on, how i turn off switch correctly? (i mean without drain battery).

4. Is there something like Kosmos (an 'easier setup, with almost all included') but 'updated'? I´ve seen kosmos is 'archived' so i suppose is out of date by now?

Thanks in advance people!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone! First of all, sorry for my english and if something i´m going to ask is not in the correct place, just let me know.
I´m totally noob but i´d like to start in this homebrew world. I´ve been reading guides everywhere and is just a little chaos for me, lots of steps, archives, etc.
I have some questions:
I have switch since nov 17. Is not patched or anything. My actual firmware is 4.1.0. (i just played zelda and odyssey, and after i had a lot of time without use) My questions are:

1. Should i update to 10.2.0 and then start all the process to make my backup/install emummc, etc, or should i make the backup with 4.1.0? I´m really confused about the burning fuses thing, i dont know what consequences are behind that. If its better have the clean backup with a 'younger' firmware or its indifferent.
My plan is use hetake and atmosphere, i dont know if that's important for this.

2. Exfat ot fat32? I find all the time contradiction information about this. (I have this sandisk 128gb sd card with a mushroom draw, like nintendo edition)

3. If i make all the process, and finally set AutoRCM on, how i turn off switch correctly? (i mean without drain battery).

4. Is there something like Kosmos (an 'easier setup, with almost all included') but 'updated'? I´ve seen kosmos is 'archived' so i suppose is out of date by now?

Thanks in advance people!

1) Take a backup at 4.1.0 and keep it safe, then you can update that with either choidujournx or daybreak to 10.2.0 in CFW or update it officially online.
- You can also make an emummc of your 4.1, update that and leave your system nand on 4.1
- Once you are on 10.2.0 make another backup.
- If you update to 10.2 on system nand you can't restore the 4.1 backup and expect it you boot unless you are using hekate or a different bootload that isn't the stock one

2) Exfat firmware install but fat32 sd card (use guiformat to format it to fat32) This provides the most comptibility but least amount of possible corruption

3) You can just power the console off normally. However if the battery drains fully you need to let it charge for an hour before booting again

4) You can just use hekate if needed and get the appropriate files for sigpatches here in the gbatemp

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks yes I have a nand clean backup to restore too. Man I can’t believe nobody has done a how to video on this. I’d just like to know what I’m about to get myself into and what precautions I should take. Yeah I took a look at Checkpoint, it doesn’t look so cut and dry for me. Is there another way to backup saves? So after I do restore you say my games on emuMMC will still be there and work? And after restore how should I update from 9.0?

-Nothing will happen to your emuNAND, this will just affect the SysNAND (You will need to install the games that weren't in EmuNAND but your saves will be fine.).

-You may use JKSV, if you didn't like Checkpoint.

- In SysNAND you are just going to do official update. If you want to update your emuNAND too (Nothing to do With SysNAND), then use Daybreak. For a detailed guide, you may check this out.

-It isn't that much of a hard process actually. You first backup all your saves on SysNAND. Then restore the SysNAND from NAND backup. And lastly restore your saves on EmuNAND and play them in there. If you restore your saves on SysNAND you may get banned.

Last edited by GCS,
Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...