Hacking Switch Nand Question

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a backup of my switch's nand but I'm unsure if it I booted into cfw before I did a backup. I have never logged online or made a wifi connection.Does booting into cfw (it was reinx) made the Nand dirty (therefore unsafe to use online). Is there any way of being able to tell if my Nand is dirty that I backed up. Maybe if I restore it and somehow check the logs or maybe clear the logs before going online since I have not been online yet?

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I made a backup of my switch's nand but I'm unsure if it I booted into cfw before I did a backup. I have never logged online or made a wifi connection.Does booting into cfw (it was reinx) made the Nand dirty (therefore unsafe to use online). Is there any way of being able to tell if my Nand is dirty that I backed up. Maybe if I restore it and somehow check the logs or maybe clear the logs before going online since I have not been online yet?

make your console factory initial resetting is enough. backup nand couldn't prevent be banned, it just reduce probablity.
backup your console nand is very important because it can save console brick.

Last edited by paulzheng,

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
make your console factory initial resetting is enough. backup nand couldn't prevent be banned, it just reduce probablity.
So just a factory reset is enough? Ok I will take that into consideration.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No a factory reset is not enough. Plenty of people have already been banned even after factory resetting their console because it does not remove all traces of CFW/homebrew such as bogus error logs. Please stop potentially dangerous misinformation and properly educate yourself before handing out advice next time.

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No a factory reset is not enough. Plenty of people have already been banned even after factory resetting their console because it does not remove all traces of CFW/homebrew such as bogus error logs. Please stop potentially dangerous misinformation and properly educate yourself before handing out advice next time.

Ok thanks for heads up. Not sure what to do then other than reset my Nand and maybe clear logs if there is a tool out there to do it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for heads up. Not sure what to do then other than reset my Nand and maybe clear logs if there is a tool out there to do it.
In the very early stages of the Switch scene, there was a tool to clear error logs named nx-dreport but the author has since depreciated the project because it has been discovered that clearing error logs will flag you for a ban. The project was hosted here.

Sn10jg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the very early stages of the Switch scene, there was a tool to clear error logs named nx-dreport but the author has since depreciated the project because it has been discovered that clearing error logs will flag you for a ban. The project was hosted here.
Okay I know this thread is almost a month old but I have to use nx-dreport or crereport. I found out that even with updating with Chouijnx I still burnt my fuses and now need to downgrade to my original nand 4.1 with autorcm. Is there any evidence suggesting if I update with cfw after on my clean 4.1 nand and clear logs will I get banned (haven't been online once). Almost sounds like I might as well clear logs and just update on my current firmware since I havent been online once.

D

Deleted User

only when you install something what do that (Homebrew).
OR YOU USE FUCKING SX OS TO DESTROY YOUR NAND COMPLETLY !!!!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only when you install something what do that (Homebrew).
OR YOU USE FUCKING SX OS TO DESTROY YOUR NAND COMPLETLY !!!!
Misinformation is abound these days. Gonna be hard to sort out all the newcomer bullshit in the forums. Dont listen to this guy.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I know this thread is almost a month old but I have to use nx-dreport or crereport. I found out that even with updating with Chouijnx I still burnt my fuses and now need to downgrade to my original nand 4.1 with autorcm. Is there any evidence suggesting if I update with cfw after on my clean 4.1 nand and clear logs will I get banned (haven't been online once). Almost sounds like I might as well clear logs and just update on my current firmware since I havent been online once.
I already said clearing error logs can cause a ban. And the tool to do so is no longer public anyways. Just restore whatever NAND backup you have and proceed accordingly.

D

Deleted User

Misinformation is abound these days. Gonna be hard to sort out all the newcomer bullshit in the forums. Dont listen to this guy.
Perfect the next guy who means that a post is bullshit but dont know what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1