Hacking Switch mods on 10.2.0

drbedspread

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a newer switch I just recently bought, since I was finally lucky enough to come by one at my local Walmart for MSRP.

I'm looking to mod it in some form and was wondering about my options available.
I'm currently running 10.2.0 on the firmware

I saw two options, firstly being the SX Core, which I know from what I've read works on all consoles currently but requires some soldering. I would like to avoid this if possible as finding a professional to do this is nearly impossible in the area I live, as I live in the middle of no where and physical repairs on electronics is non-existent in my area; and I lack the capability of doing it myself as I have a neurological disorder that causes shaking.

I also saw the R4s Dongle, which according to sites I looked at claims to work on all switchs and all firmwares. I wasn't sure how accurate these claims are, as these sites tend to never update after release, and I've been burned by these in the past.

Can anyone tell me what my options are for modding my system?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a newer switch I just recently bought, since I was finally lucky enough to come by one at my local Walmart for MSRP.

I'm looking to mod it in some form and was wondering about my options available.

I saw two options, firstly being the SX Core, which I know from what I've read works on all consoles currently but requires some soldering. I would like to avoid this if possible as finding a professional to do this is nearly impossible in the area I live, as I live in the middle of no where and physical repairs on electronics is non-existent in my area; and I lack the capability of doing it myself as I have a neurological disorder that causes shaking.

I also saw the R4s Dongle, which according to sites I looked at claims to work on all switchs and all firmwares. I wasn't sure how accurate these claims are, as these sites tend to never update after release, and I've been burned by these in the past.

Most likely you have picked up a v2 switch aka mariko (red box not white) and the only option you have is the modchip atm. I have little soldering experience but with a microscope(30$) and and steady hands, I installed it in like 10mins.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your other option is to just get an unpatched console which you can sell your current console to help finance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father