Switch Low Battery at 100%

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! The title really says my issue. As soon as I take the Switch off it's dock, no matter what percentage it states previously, it'll give me the low battery indicator and then shut itself off. It can be at 100, but will still shut off as soon as I take it off the dock. I have multiple Switch docks, and this happens with all of them. It doesn't do this while in Hekate itself. Is there a fix for this?

Attached is the battery info reported by Hekate.
Post automatically merged:

Also, Hekate reports my battery draining incredibly fast, like 30% in 2 minutes fast.

Attachments

• IMG_20230606_231341.jpg
    IMG_20230606_231341.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 61

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either your battery is basically dead or the calibration is way way off, since currently it has a capacity of 31 when it was designed for 4,667. You should try to re-calibrate.I did it once when my system would die from 100% to off in about a minute and a half and afterwards it was like new.

Reactions: mathew77

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either your battery is basically dead or the calibration is way way off, since currently it has a capacity of 31 when it was designed for 4,667. You should try to re-calibrate .I did it once when my system would die from 100% to off in about a minute and a half and afterwards it was like new.
How do I do that? Charge it to 100 and then allow it to die fully?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would leave in on in Hekate until it dies which may take a long time if the battery isn't really dead.
Then charge it with the original charger in one sitting until 100% and even then leave it sitting for a few extra hours untouched.
Then play it handheld until it dies again and then boot into Hekate and leave it sit until it dies again. Then charge in one sitting to 100% and preferably play it handheld until it dies again then charge it to 100% in one sitting.

The letting it die in Hekate is important as HOS turns it of based on the faulty percentage. Hekate ignores that and turns it off based on the more accurate voltage along with fixing the calibration.
This process may take a couple days to complete.

I've done it to 2 systems with great results.

Reactions: mathew77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think