Hardware Switch lite yay or nay?

Switch lite or Switch which one do you prefer?

• Lite

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Normal

Votes: 117 92.1%

• Total voters

Joshifer34

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original got banned. So I’ll be getting a lite for my legit games / playing online. And my old one for everything else.

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like all consoles, in time, they all become vulnerable to hacking, the switch lite will be no different

wii mini is effectively unhacked, xbox one is unhacked, ps4 is only half hacked since new firmware is still unhacked making a solid portion of the library unplayable on a hacked console, ps3 slim + SS weren't hacked til 2 months ago which is well past the point of it being a relevant console (not to mention the CFW/hack itself is ridiculously unstable)

Plus Nintendo has basically been raked over the coals for how wide open all of their previous hardware was.

if any nintendo console won't be hacked... it's this one (moving forward now that both entry points are patched)

Reactions: EmulateLife

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want a Lite, the regular Switch is too heavy for me for extended handheld play.
When I buy a new Switch game I play it on the TV for a few hours to enjoy to graphics and then I spend the remainder in handheld mode.

I prefer handheld gaming because TV screens give me headaches after a short while.

I'm not holding my breath for a Switch Lite exploit, but it would be awesome. A Switch with retroarch is hands down the best retro game experience I've ever had.

Having that in a more portable form factor would be sweet.

Last edited by Reynardine,
Reactions: Spadezilla

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Switch Lite is designed only as a cheaper alternative for parents, students etc. to buy, it makes no sense for those that can afford the regular one.
Even if you usually only play handheld having the option to play docked is important for multiplayer games like Mario Kart and Smash.

Rik80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii mini is effectively unhacked, xbox one is unhacked, ps4 is only half hacked since new firmware is still unhacked making a solid portion of the library unplayable on a hacked console, ps3 slim + SS weren't hacked til 2 months ago which is well past the point of it being a relevant console (not to mention the CFW/hack itself is ridiculously unstable)

Plus Nintendo has basically been raked over the coals for how wide open all of their previous hardware was.

if any nintendo console won't be hacked... it's this one (moving forward now that both entry points are patched)

Where there's a will, there's a way.
I suspect similar hacking techniques to that of the vita, and what not
Also modified game cards could be a possible entry point

Reactions: Spadezilla

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where there's a will, there's a way.
I suspect similar hacking techniques to that of the vita, and what not
Also modified game cards could be a possible entry point

I hope so, but remember too there were big bounties that lead to the current Switch hacks. Those bounties are not in place for Mariko

OneAngryGamer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nay for me, I already have a Switch. Lite won't be hackable most likely, and also it has less features than the normal Switch. Waste of money if you ask me.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going with the lite. I already have one launch day switch, but never use docked mode. I always use portable. I would love to have a slightly smaller unit for when I go places.

Reactions: DjoeN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1