Switch Lite softmod in 2021/2022

O2777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just got a switch lite for christmas and want to know if there is a way to soft mod a patched switch. Is there something like the wii where one can change the DNS and get the homebrew channel

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I left the scene when SX released their chips. Are there now more cheap and accessible options?
Not even close.

When the SX chip was released, they were sold for about ~$50 USD.

After the downfall of TX, prices skyrocketed to around ~$150+ USD until stock pretty much dried up.

Along comes the clones by HWFLY. Because there is zero problem selling these chips at ~$150 USD range, they have kept this price even on new chips.

As for accessibility, they're not as easy to get as the original chips were. But they can regularly be bought from AliExpress or your favorite Chinese market place.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think guys that HWFLY is safe for Switch in long term use? possibly if the price goes down i would like to buy this modchip.
I wouldnt trust them. while some have got them to work. they have massive quality control issues. very possible you could buy one, and it not even work.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont see the prices going down at all unless there was some sort of competition of another chip being made. Plus hacking newer switch models is in high demand, so combined that with Covid ppl will take advantage of those prices.

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do believe modchip prices will come down. Production cost is minimal, no more than $15/each. It's quite ridiculous that we've been paying $170 on aliexpress for them, but finally we're getting some other options (taobao, shopee) and we can now at least get OLED chips for just about $100 on aliexpress.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
lol if you only knew how many times I have heard this throughout the years for different platforms

a exploit exists right now, its not released because no one wants to be sued, when that danger dies down you will see the exploit
Proof?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol if you only knew how many times I have heard this throughout the years for different platforms

a exploit exists right now, its not released because no one wants to be sued, when that danger dies down you will see the exploit
...Exploits have always been released without lawsuits. I don't know what you're on about.

RioIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is ALWAYS a Software exploit. That's how technology work. The perfect system doesn't exist. In a couple of year we will see.

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the component shortage is probably keeping the price of the chips high currently. But it will eventually come down and who knows, maybe someone else will enter the market with a similar chip.

I think we eventually will see a softmod but I doubt it'll be until closer to the end of the lifecycle of the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night