1. ManguitoZ

OP ManguitoZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I bought an used nintendo switch lite. Once the switch starts I get a prompt saying "Could not start the software" only available option is to press "OK." then it reboots to the same. I held power volume down and up to enter recovery mode, did a system update and initialized the console. Once it goes to initialize it powers off to reboot, but never comes back up unless I press the power. It comes back to the same screen as previously stated.

Any ideas on how to fix this? thank you.

2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Seems like the seller sold you a bad unit. I'd issue a refund asap. Not much we can help since switch lite's are non hackable to recover anything

3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Given that lites can't be hacked, it almost certainly has to be hardware issue anyway. If you can't return the console to seller, you should be able to use warranty with Nintendo to repair it, as long as the console serial # is still there, that is all they need to track when it was bought. (and its certainly within 1 year given how new Lites are.)

ElonStark likes this.
  4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Might’ve been a quest unit, I know that tends to happen on quest units that have been factory reset/Initialized because it destroys the ticket and data for RIDM, which is required for the system to boot. You got an error code?

5. animex2k9

animex2k9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you try to do a "Restore to Factory Settings" in Recovery mode?

6. Naendow

Naendow Brick-Master

Germany
    Yup he did. :P

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bricked, Switch,