Switch Lite 4220mah battery?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m in the middle of a battery write up for the regular Switch.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-dual-battery-hack.624746/

The general gist is that battery vendors lie their asses off! It comes down to physics and chemistry. Claiming your battery gets way more juice out of the same or less volume of physical battery (which is guaranteed they are) without using some sort of esoteric chemistry (which I guarantee they are not) is simply impossible. The batteries will be smaller and with suspect chemistry, you will be lucky or it’s only 10% lower performance. It will likely be much much much less.

Reactions: mathew77

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m in the middle of a battery write up for the regular Switch.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-dual-battery-hack.624746/

The general gist is that battery vendors lie their asses off! It comes down to physics and chemistry. Claiming your battery gets way more juice out of the same or less volume of physical battery (which is guaranteed they are) without using some sort of esoteric chemistry (which I guarantee they are not) is simply impossible. The batteries will be smaller and with suspect chemistry, you will be lucky or it’s only 10% lower performance. It will likely be much much much less.
the switch batteries always come with a bunch of spongy-stuff on top so its not right against the case.
This would suggest more room is still available and going unused.

Battery manufacturers have made use of unused spaces in gaming devices before,
Fitting a 2600mah DualSense battery into the space normally reserved for the smaller 1560mah stock battery.

I had hoped something like that would have happened here, too

DualSense battery upgrade comparison for reference:
51puq88RXhL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

Reactions: Doredialilligan

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch batteries always come with a bunch of spongy-stuff on top so its not right against the case.

Fitting a 2600mah DualSense battery into the space normally reserved for the smaller 1560mah stock battery.

View attachment 353900

The thing is these battery tends to be less than what they are advertised, you ain't getting no 2600 mAh out of that battery.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Compare the battery to a new dualsense battery. Beside you can't fit 2600 mAh into the same size as the 1560 one. Watch out before the battery start bulging.
the battery is physically larger, significantly heavier than the stock battery installed in my DualSense.
My regular DualSense lasted about 4 hours in Astros Playroom.
This one lasted over 7.

I dont know what else to tell you.

There was room to spare in a DualSense for a bigger battery, this company made a bigger one and then sold it.
If you still doubt me read the customer reviews.
Link: LINK

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the battery is physically larger, significantly heavier than the stock battery installed in my DualSense.
My regular DualSense lasted about 4 hours in Astros Playroom.
This one lasted over 7.

I dont know what else to tell you.

There was room to spare in a DualSense for a bigger battery, this company made a bigger one and then sold it.
If you still doubt me read the customer reviews.
Link: LINK

I saw the page, beside what @binkinator said is 100% real. Venders lie their ass off about the capacity of the battery. You want to put a random brand battery in your controller/system go ahead and possibly start a fire probably in addition to the fake mAh capacity.

Beside if you need a new switch lite battery just either get a new oem one or replace the console.

Last edited by Hayato213,
  • Haha
Reactions: Nakamichi

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 353900

Expanding the physical space and using superior chemistry will get you more mAh but in general these guys depend upon the end user replacing a very old battery with their fresh new shiny battery.

in the advertisement above it’s funny that adding 1040mAh to a 1560mAh stock battery (which is only 66% more mAh) provides 150% more time.

Anyway, I haven’t tested ANY Lite batteries but recently picked up a very well used Lite on eBay and it probably could use a new battery so I’ll buy one of these and test it.

e: little dude is hilarious in his feedback. Talking about Alien Clowns and stuff. It’s pretty funny.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/onnestop?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER

Last edited by binkinator,

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@binkinator while i doubt this is one of those cases where someone actually made a physically larger battery to fit into the space, i would still be very interested if you could run comparisons against other known data from a new stock battery.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator while i doubt this is one of those cases where someone actually made a physically larger battery to fit into the space, i would still be very interested if you could run comparisons against other known data from a new stock battery.
It’s on it’s way:
2D5C9770-024B-4BE8-ADAB-396946711B0F.jpeg

also ordered a highly rated one from Amazon…will do some tests to see how they perform.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love to replace my launch switch battery but as you said its all lies everywhere... was gonna order an ifixit one as it seems they are honest with what you are buying.. do you think thats the best option binkinator??

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love to replace my launch switch battery but as you said its all lies everywhere... was gonna order an ifixit one as it seems they are honest with what you are buying.. do you think thats the best option binkinator??
I always support the iFixit cause. They give so much to the community. Their prices are a tiny bit higher but they sell genuine products and are absolutely rock solid standing behind what they sell. I buy from them when I can and I want to be sure I’m not getting knock off parts. Highly recommended.

Reactions: sith

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iFixit battery is the one I decided to go with on my day 1 Switch. It isn’t installed yet because I’m waiting on other parts that are also going inside. But other than getting one from a suspect reseller or shady manufacturer with dodgy chemicals for half price, they’re really the only way to get a known good one without sending it to Nintendo to do it.

• Love

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ifixit in general is so brilliant.
love their tools, love their defense of right to repair and i love their guides.
Their tools aint the cheapest, but they definitely honor that lifetime warranty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all