Homebrew RELEASE Switch library manager - easily manage your switch game backups

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch library manager

Easily manage your switch games backups.
This app scans your local files, and provides insights, like missing update and DLC files.
Automatically renames and organize games and updates to folders with standard naming format.

Note: this app doesn't support scanning your Switch SD card, only your local game files on your computer.
Will consider adding support for SD card if enough people ask for it.

updates_ui.png

dlc_ui.png

Command line mode:
cmd.png

The only utility that works cross platform to keep your library organized and up to date.

Features:
  • GUI and command line modes
  • Cross platform, works on Windows / Mac / Linux
  • Support all file types (NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ)
  • Support for split files
  • Lists missing update files (for both games and DLC)
  • Lists missing DLCs
  • Deep scan by reading the encrypted binary cnmt (requires prod.keys)
  • If no prod.keys available, fallback to parsing file name tags (example: Super Mario Odyssey [0100000000010000][v0].nsp).
  • Automatically renames files to standard format, and organize games per folder
  • Deletes old update files (in case you have multiple update files for the same game, only the latest will remain)
  • Deletes empty folders
  • Zero dependencies, all crypto operations implemented in Go.

To show your support, please add your star to the Github page

Source code & more information:
https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager

Download
https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager/releases

Last edited by giwty,

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no matter what I try, it won't start on my win 10 machine. do I have to provide keys.txt? if yes,how to get those?
Happy to help, but need more info... are you seeing any errors? what do you see printed out on the command line when trying to launch the program?
btw, i've officially released version 1.0 with some fixes, please try that as well

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to help, but need more info... are you seeing any errors? what do you see printed out on the command line when trying to launch the program?
btw, i've officially released version 1.0 with some fixes, please try that as well
tried the latest release. it downloads the json files and then closes without any info. even relaunching does not help. I have the .exe in /games folder. every game is in a subfolder.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Under linux:
- It doesn't seem to be reading the settings for the folderpath or recursive.
- Some of the available update titles seems to be the title of what the update has rather than the game (ex. "Additional Quests")
- Some sort of validation step would be nice before performing actions that could end up in data loss (moving/overwriting/deleting/etc.)

Reactions: giwty

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest release works perfectly for me on windows when everything is configured. I think the duplicate file and old file functionality needs to be equalized for updates and DLC however as I noticed older 'duplicate' DLC (same titleid but older version) were being kept unsorted outside of the the title folder but duplicate updates were automatically deleted and older updates are deleted when turned on in the json, older DLC should share that behaviour.

@giwty if it's possible a filter by titleid list would be very useful, to permanently prevent the selected titles from appearing on the missing list, e.g language packs

Perhaps a filter.json where we can enter titleids to be ignored?

tried the latest release. it downloads the json files and then closes without any info. even relaunching does not help. I have the .exe in /games folder. every game is in a subfolder.

You need to give more details on how you've set things up. On windows you should complete the settings.json with the settings you require and complete the prod.keys, you can get the keys with lockpick_rcm and follow this template https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager/blob/master/prod.keys

Place the settings.json and prod.keys in C:/Users/naddel81/

Run the following command from wherever your .exe is located in a command prompt:

switch-library-manager.exe -f "full path to folder where files are located"

Under linux:
- Some of the available update titles seems to be the title of what the update has rather than the game (ex. "Additional Quests")
- Some sort of validation step would be nice before performing actions that could end up in data loss (moving/overwriting/deleting/etc.)

The DLC titles are as expected, it's from titledb and they are appended to the title name. I don't think it's necessary but a prompt isn't a bad idea, e.g. "switch-library-manager will move x titles to folders, delete x titles, rename x titles, proceed?"

Last edited by UnT7oh,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest release works perfectly for me on windows when everything is configured. I think the duplicate file and old file functionality needs to be equalized for updates and DLC however as I noticed older 'duplicate' DLC (same titleid but older version) were being kept unsorted outside of the the title folder but duplicate updates were automatically deleted and older updates are deleted when turned on in the json, older DLC should share that behaviour.

@giwty if it's possible a filter by titleid list would be very useful, to permanently prevent the selected titles from appearing on the missing list, e.g language packs

Perhaps a filter.json where we can enter titleids to be ignored?

You need to give more details on how you've set things up. On windows you should complete the settings.json with the settings you require and complete the prod.keys, you can get the keys with lockpick_rcm and follow this template https://github.com/giwty/switch-library-manager/blob/master/prod.keys

Place the settings.json and prod.keys in C:/Users/naddel81/

Run the following command from wherever your .exe is located in a command prompt:

switch-library-manager.exe -f "full path to folder where files are located"

The DLC titles are as expected, it's from titledb and they are appended to the title name. I don't think it's necessary but a prompt isn't a bad idea, e.g. "switch-library-manager will move x titles to folders, delete x titles, rename x titles, proceed?"

failed to read NSP [reason: failed to read NCA [reason:non standard encryption is not supported]

but even the other NSPs are not scanned correctly. there is no output if something is missing.

Last edited by naddel81,

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
failed to read NSP [reason: failed to read NCA [reason:non standard encryption is not supported]

but even the other NSPs are not scanned correctly. there is no output if something is missing.
Thanks for the feedback, i've released a new version, please see if it's still happening.
If it is, can you please pin point to what file is causing the issue?
I'll work to improve the logs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Under linux:
Fixed some issue that could be the root cause to what you were experiencing, can you please check again?
I've also added a validation to the GUI, and removed any file changes from the default options.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having some trouble. Just downloaded it, and when I get to selecting my games folder, itll throw me an error after it scans my library (which are stored on my external harddrive) what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 20200711_200405.jpg
    20200711_200405.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 352

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having some trouble. Just downloaded it, and when I get to selecting my games folder, itll throw me an error after it scans my library (which are stored on my external harddrive) what am I doing wrong?
Please look at the log file, and attach it, preferably as an issue on Github.

aur0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same for me, I get an error on scanning. It's weird because some hours ago was working just fine, and I didn't change anything.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 330

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reports, i've just released a new version that hopefully fixes these issues, or at least will provide additional logging.
Please try it out and report back.

Reactions: mathew77

aur0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reports, i've just released a new version that hopefully fixes these issues, or at least will provide additional logging.
Please try it out and report back.
Works perfectly now! Thanks for the quick fix!

samuzomoxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unable to make it work on win 7

1- launch switch-backup-manager.exe
2 - pop up a command line very fast and create settings.json
3 - launch switch-backup-manager.exe again just pop up a command line very fast and nothing more

command line error message :

2020/07/14 01:03:27 main: starting astilectron failed: provisioning failed: provisioning electron failed: unzipping C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip into C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64 failed: unzipping C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip into C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64 failed: astikit: opening overall zip reader on C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip failed: zip: not a valid zip file

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unable to make it work on win 7

1- launch switch-backup-manager.exe
2 - pop up a command line very fast and create settings.json
3 - launch switch-backup-manager.exe again just pop up a command line very fast and nothing more

command line error message :

2020/07/14 01:03:27 main: starting astilectron failed: provisioning failed: provisioning electron failed: unzipping C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip into C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64 failed: unzipping C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip into C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64 failed: astikit: opening overall zip reader on C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\electron-windows-amd64-v7.1.10.zip failed: zip: not a valid zip file
Looks like the initial download did not complete successfully.
Try deleting the vendor folder (C:\Users\Nobody\AppData\Roaming\Switch Library Manager\vendor\), and then try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte