Gaming Switch JRPG recommendations

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler are pretty much the Switch JRPGs. I'm pretty sure you can get everything else elsewhere, though there are still some good multiplatform options on Switch.

I'm not sure if I'd really recommend it, but Romancing SaGa 2 is on sale in US right now if you like to suffer. I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear are also on sale.

Last edited by Glyptofane,
Reactions: AshenWolf

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll try Octopath first. Its been a while since I played a 2D RPG. Though its not totally 2D.
Octopath can be a bit... boring. Running through 5 chapters for 8 characters each and not really having an over arching storyline to drive you forward can be a bit of a slog. I've played Octopath and I am Setsuna and although the story line for I am Setsuna is a bit like Final Fantasy X, I found it far more engaging and played it to completion where as I've practically abandoned Octopath. If it's a choice between the two I'd actually suggest Setsuna.

Battle wise Octopath is turn based like the older Final Fantasy's and I am Setusna is action gauge based like Chrono Trigger. Pick which one you like more.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

IHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't played it: Final Fantasy IX, one of the best JRPGs of the PSX generation and generally acknowledged as one of if not the best Final Fantasy game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"