Hacking Question Switch Jig Wire Placement

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been a very long time since I last posted here, but I am having some troubles with a pre-made jig (photos attached) and was hoping for some advice. I know there are risks of a faulty design, however I have seen this one vouched for several places and the seller is good with customer service. The style uses 32 AWG and more closely resembles the original fOf USB design than a lot of the paperclip ones I have seen online. My first question is, how is it the paperclip ones run the clip up to each wall, yet this one and others have some intentional excess material keeping one side closer to the middle and both touch the right pins (example paperclip image attached for reference)? This model has worked for me a number of times but many times does not work and is even scratching some paint from my rail (attached) leaving me to believe something is out of place. From what can be told in this design do I want the wires running straight or moved off to one side, flush with the jig or slightly elevated, with the wire bent downward at the end (it is now) or straightened out or maybe something I just do not have the technological knowledge to consider? Please let me know if I can provide any other information that might help, I am trying to be more informed but a lot of technical documentation is over my head. I am sorry if the pictures are unclear, I do not have a very steady hand. Thank you for all the knowledge this board presents to the scene daily and for any insight you can offer me.

Attachments

• jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 497
  • jigtop.jpg
    jigtop.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 449
  • rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    809.6 KB · Views: 452
  • paperclipcompare.jpg
    paperclipcompare.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 449

saneatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the back of your jig is scratching your rail. Try taking some sand paper or a nail file and file down the back until it doesn’t catch and it smooth.

As for the other issues activating rcm mode is always going to be a bit buggy until we have a reboot into rcm solution.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
honestly not wanting to blow my own trumpet but the jigs I make don' have either of these issues, seems one is printed too thick so its scraping along the rail and the other that uses the paper clip is poorly designed, personally I have had a few people who have bought paperclip models buying replacement jigs as they are very intermittent and a couple even ended up with cracked connectors as the paper clips are designed to force themselves into the pins instead of just rest on them as they have no "give" in them

as has already been suggested you could probably just sand/file down the first one so it' not so snug

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^