Hacking Question Switch is currently bricked?

waveathon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My switch is currently just on a Black screen not showing any signs of booting.

What happened the before it stops working is. My switch is just currently on standby and when I pressed the power to open the screen it gave me an error something along the lines like SD card... Press power to turn off on yellow text.

Already tried to press and hold the power button for like 45 - 30 seconds and press the power again and then connect switch to PC and to use TegraRCMGUI to boot up the payload. however it's only giving me a waiting for device in RCM mode or like it's not even detecting my switch.

I also tried press and holding power button without SD card and still not booting up or detecting in RCM

My switch is currently on AutoRCM I use Reinx also.

I tried to make sure if the USB port or wire was the problem tried connecting another device using that USB and it seems to detect the device no problem. I also made sure if the SD card got reformatted or if it's not reading by using a card reader and it seems that the SD card is working fine the files are still in there.

So currently I don't know what to do. Is my switch already bricked?

Hope anyone can help me with this.

waveathon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also I made sure to charge the switch when I left it for 5 hours charging the back of the switch was warm. So I believe the switch was charged.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
You asked if he installed autoRCM and which CFW. If you would read the OP post you would know.
Which VERSION of OFW / CFW.. I removed the Autorcm question if you read my repsonse you would know.

It's also key to know how it got in this state in the first place.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Which VERSION of OFW / CFW.. I removed the Autorcm question if you read my repsonse you would know.

It's also key to know how it got in this state in the first place.
He already said that he took the switch out of standby and an error occurred. Now he can't turn on his console anymore. That's how he got in this state.

Reactions: Voyambar

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
My switch is currently just on a Black screen not showing any signs of booting.

What happened the before it stops working is. My switch is just currently on standby and when I pressed the power to open the screen it gave me an error something along the lines like SD card... Press power to turn off on yellow text.

Already tried to press and hold the power button for like 45 - 30 seconds and press the power again and then connect switch to PC and to use TegraRCMGUI to boot up the payload. however it's only giving me a waiting for device in RCM mode or like it's not even detecting my switch.

I also tried press and holding power button without SD card and still not booting up or detecting in RCM

My switch is currently on AutoRCM I use Reinx also.

I tried to make sure if the USB port or wire was the problem tried connecting another device using that USB and it seems to detect the device no problem. I also made sure if the SD card got reformatted or if it's not reading by using a card reader and it seems that the SD card is working fine the files are still in there.

So currently I don't know what to do. Is my switch already bricked?

Hope anyone can help me with this.
This sounds like a hardware fault revolving around around power management then, even if the software side is messed up it should at the very least detect RCM mode.

verispi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...just in case, try a jig. It really does sound like a serious issue as others mentioned, but unless the board isn't even receiving power anymore, RCM should be an option. The chip holding your boot0 might not be powered, though, if it so happens at least the CPU is. Idk the internals of the Switch but it's either dead af or the jig will work, logically speaking.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplug you batttery and plug in back in, I wouldn't really bother to use ReiNX as you can be stuck on a blackscreen, it happened to me before, use Atmosphere instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...just in case, try a jig. It really does sound like a serious issue as others mentioned, but unless the board isn't even receiving power anymore, RCM should be an option. The chip holding your boot0 might not be powered, though, if it so happens at least the CPU is. Idk the internals of the Switch but it's either dead af or the jig will work, logically speaking.

He is on AutoRCM so he doesn't need a jig.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if ur switch turns on but stays at black screen, then it must be in RCM mode, update ur payload and try to send it again.

waveathon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unplug you batttery and plug in back in, I wouldn't really bother to use ReiNX as you can be stuck on a blackscreen, it happened to me before, use Atmosphere instead.

I kinda hope it doesn't come to opening the switch cause I don't have the tools to open it up. But just want to ask what will this basically do for the switch?

This sounds like a hardware fault revolving around around power management then, even if the software side is messed up it should at the very least detect RCM mode.

If this is a hardware problem I would assume that the card reader of the switch is already failing. as it just suddenly said SD card error needed to power it off before this black screen occurred. However, I don't have anyway to test it if the card reader of the switch is indeed the problem because I can't even boot the switch to normal.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda hope it doesn't come to opening the switch cause I don't have the tools to open it up. But just want to ask what will this basically do for the switch?

If this is a hardware problem I would assume that the card reader of the switch is already failing. as it just suddenly said SD card error needed to power it off before this black screen occurred. However, I don't have anyway to test it if the card reader of the switch is indeed the problem because I can't even boot the switch to normal.

Unplugged the battery would just shut the unit completely down, don't send ReiNX again, send something like Hekate 5.0.1, and see if it boot.

waveathon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unplugged the battery would just shut the unit completely down, don't send ReiNX again, send something like Hekate 5.0.1, and see if it boot.
however I'm currently on AutoRCM. Will doing this revert me back non autoRCM? because I believe the switch is indeed shutdown. But not able to boot it up since for some reason even the TegraRCMGUI is not detecting the switch to be on RCM mode. Will doing this at least let it boot up to normal without going to RCM?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
however I'm currently on AutoRCM. Will doing this revert me back non autoRCM? because I believe the switch is indeed shutdown. But not able to boot it up since for some reason even the TegraRCMGUI is not detecting the switch to be on RCM mode. Will doing this at least let it boot up to normal without going to RCM?

No it will still be in AutoRCM mode, just that with no payload pushed state.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The battery has nothing to do with the boot files which were corrupted by installing autoRCM.

Voyambar

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

As far as I'm aware ReiNX has nothing to do with AutoRCM. That's its own feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.