Switch HDMI Port

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by addi33, Feb 8, 2017.

1. addi33
    OP

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I guess that the switchs USB-C Port is also an HDMI Port, else the Dock wouldn't work. does anybody here thinks that it could be possible to direct capture the switch without a TV Capture Card?

2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I may be wrong, but isn't game recording actually a feature this time?

3. addi33
    OP

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It was said that "the media share button allows you to take screenshots and share them with your friends. video capture is in planned" or something like that. so I wouldnt count on that. probably coming 2018 with like a 3min limit so not that good to record lets plays.

4. foob

foob GBAtemp Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    When Nintendo says something is planned, you know what to expect...

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Outputting HDMI video through USB C will not give us the ability to simply plug in to PC USB and direct capture. That's just not how USB C works. It could work if Ninty added it, or even possibly through homebrew. But from what I know there won't be some magical way to just have a PC homebrew pull the HDMI signal. Though I would honestly love to see that happen.

addi33 likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah Nintendo have already stated as much about firmware/software restrictions on hardware ports, at least at launch. No external USB HDDs (at launch) for example. So I doubt all lanes/features will be available early on for the USB-C.