Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi wanted to ask advice here on gbatemp

i have a switch kept not updated still on 3.0.0

already have one with custom firmware and the new oled one too

is there any reason to keep that one on 3.0.0 anymore??

i know it has pegascape and caffeine for jigless method of going into rcm and hekate

but will there be a full permanent custom firmware like the one 3ds and vita have on lower firmwares?

thanks in advance

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have switch still on 3.0.0. and Emunand is at 11.0.1 stay offline all time if you want to get 2nd switch go online will be good idea

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi thanks for the quick replies

i already have a custom firmware switch and a OLED switch for online

I am asking it there is any reason why i should i save a unused 3.0.0 switch besides the low firmware

i know there is pegascape and caffiene but do you think there will be a coldboot method like 3ds or vita in the future for 3.0.0

thanks in advance

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Untethered coldboot is basically a solid no on anything over 1.x, and still highly unlikely on that (source: SciresM). Keep the 3.0 if you like the software entry point, otherwise update as you see fit.

Most direct option for coldboot on this nice old Switch model is to install a trinket-style modchip. Cheap, available and easy install compared to the modchips for newer models.

Reactions: peteruk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi wanted to ask advice here on gbatemp

i have a switch kept not updated still on 3.0.0

already have one with custom firmware and the new oled one too

is there any reason to keep that one on 3.0.0 anymore??

i know it has pegascape and caffeine for jigless method of going into rcm and hekate

but will there be a full permanent custom firmware like the one 3ds and vita have on lower firmwares?

thanks in advance
You can also just update the firmware without burning fuses.

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also just update the firmware without burning fuses.
that is for emunand.

but my main question is if i already have a latest firmware cfw atmosphere enabled switch do i need to keep another one at 3.0.0? Will a full coldboot or something better will come out on 3.0.0 or is the modern caffeine/pegascape the best there is?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
that is for emunand.

but my main question is if i already have a latest firmware cfw atmosphere enabled switch do i need to keep another one at 3.0.0? Will a full coldboot or something better will come out on 3.0.0 or is the modern caffeine/pegascape the best there is?
It's not just for emummc, I have a switch on the latest firmware with 1.0.0 fuses just in case of a future exploit and I don't use emummc

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is for emunand.

You can update the firmware without burning fuses and using emuMMC. But its up to you if you want to keep a console with a fuse count for firmware 3.0. Nobody knows what the future will hold and some people are willing to wait for a better exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-