Hacking Question Switch error code help

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Em.. i just got an error code today when going online to smash on OFW but I got this error code, 2124-4517
Nintendo services are TEMPORALLY UNAVAILABLE.
so I erased my console and same message popped up
Does this mean a soft ban or false hope for a perm ban, also how long would I need to wait anyone know?
Can I also act stupid to Nintendo and hope for a service fix?

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp they are working try restarting your switch and your router.
I checked too but I had modded my switch before

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I checked too but I had modded my switch before
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp they are working try restarting your switch and your router.
Also restarted switch and checked router

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to explain this earlier in my banning thread but apparently Nintendo have been doing these so-called "temporary bans". Basically, it seems like Nintendo are warning some CFW/homebrew users of an impending permanent ban with a temp ban. How these are triggered or how long they last is still a mystery but it may be Nintendo's last ditch effort at trying to move as many people away from hacking as possible.

For reference, a similar error code 2181-4008 has been reported in similar situations and this one distinctly indicates a temporary ban on Nintendo's website.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you were banned you would get this
switchban.jpg

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phew...calm down dude. Nintendo also has to do occasional maintenance on their servers. If you were banned, there would be another error code. Try it again tomorrow.
phew thx for someone confirming that, but i just want to mention that i saw online and all their servers were online, my friend who i was trying to play with was online and waiting for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was going to explain this earlier in my banning thread but apparently Nintendo have been doing these so-called "temporary bans". Basically, it seems like Nintendo are warning some CFW/homebrew users of an impending permanent ban with a temp ban. How these are triggered or how long they last is still a mystery but it may be Nintendo's last ditch effort at trying to move as many people away from hacking as possible.

For reference, a similar error code 2181-4008 has been reported in similar situations and this one distinctly indicates a temporary ban on Nintendo's website.
thx for helping!

Reactions: Draxzelex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

I've never heard from temp bans from nintendo. Either they ban you or not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you any know past cases with this and how long it’ll be?
Considering this is the first time Nintendo has ever done any temporary bans, there are no past cases with them. When Sony implemented temporary bans, they lasted 30 days but there is no guarantee Nintendo will follow the same pattern.

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering this is the first time Nintendo has ever done any temporary bans, there are no past cases with them. When Sony implemented temporary bans, they lasted 30 days but there is no guarantee Nintendo will follow the same pattern.
Damn I must be lucky to not be perma banned

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this error message for about a Month now.
I formatted by switch back to factory and allowed a week to pass, I attempted to access online again and failed with the same error code.

I give up and accepted i had been banned and modded the device again, Am unsure if this is a Soft ban, But from what i have been able to figure, they where able to collect the information from a Homebrew application that crashed the wrote to the logs and sent to Nintendo servers.

I assume its an automatic process, Contacting Nintendo customer service, They advise you to send Nintendo your switch so they can "Investigate"

IMO its just another effort to stop you running unsigned code on there device, We broke the T/C and they have blocked our consoles from accessing there servers.
We knew the consequence and we did it anyway :)

It ain't no biggy, not much online access on the switch.
RIP Rocket League

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu