Hardware Switch does not detect any wireless networks

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot connect to wifi at all after rebuilding my nand with choidujour. I downgraded to 6.0 and thats when I noticed no signals appearing. Ive rebooted, factory reset, completely remade my cfw on my sd card. updated through a couple of versions to see if that maybe fixed something and finally, I put Android on another sd card and booted that up to see if the problem followed me and it did.
I am at a loss, Ive scoured the internet and havent found much of anything so any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: djhaloman

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So prior to the wifi problem I was stuck on the nintendo switch logo at boot while trying to boot both cfw or ofw. I let atmosphere update itself before that. Could that be at all related?

ds34

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Congrats. It's the BCM chip. I have another switch with that problem. You can check the components around the BCM chip and replace them if they're broken

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Before touching the hardware, check the router if the channel is not in manual, my Switch does not find wifi if it is in a channel above 11.

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I cannot connect to wifi at all after rebuilding my nand with choidujour. I downgraded to 6.0 and thats when I noticed no signals appearing. Ive rebooted, factory reset, completely remade my cfw on my sd card. updated through a couple of versions to see if that maybe fixed something and finally, I put Android on another sd card and booted that up to see if the problem followed me and it did.
I am at a loss, Ive scoured the internet and havent found much of anything so any help would be appreciated.

You used this tutorial and you followed the all steps ?
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. This was the only way I could get it to boot after I got stuck in boot the first time. I downgraded to 6.0 and that's when I found wifi not working.

I know it's not the channel on the router because I have 2 switches and the other one is fine and it was seeing wifi before the downgrade

Bluetooth is working fine.

ds34

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, if Bluetooth is working it's not the BCM4356.
Maybe the WiFi antennas?
Can you create a WiFi hotspot while running Android?

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, if Bluetooth is working it's not the BCM4356.
Maybe the WiFi antennas?
Can you create a WiFi hotspot while running Android?

Nope. I think it gave me the option for sharing my internet via bluetooth though. I tried going through all the developer settings in android to test or at least interact in some way with the wlan but none of those were working either.

EDIT: Sorry im not trying to fragment my story lol. So after I downgraded from 9.1 to 6.1 and noticed the wifi not working I wanted to see if updating would do anything so I used choidujourNX to move up to 8.0 and that worked fine but didnt solve the wifi so I moved up again to 9.0 and I got stuck on switch logo again. rinse and repeat. It worked perfectly fine before I let atmo go and update itself because I was being lazy

Last edited by jrandom,

ds34

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well... I have no idea what's wrong with it. If Bluetooth is working fine on Android it can't be the WiFi chip.
Can you use controllers in wireless mode?

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I have no idea what's wrong with it. If Bluetooth is working fine on Android it can't be the WiFi chip.
Can you use controllers in wireless mode?
Joycons work. I havent tried pro controller but im sure it will. its bluetooth

jrandom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I loaded up Ubuntu on my switch to see if I could get any more control over the hardware but I guess it would help if I knew more about how to use Linux. I was able to find this though..

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_185157.jpg
    IMG_20200309_185157.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 291
Last edited by jrandom,

OniRj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@jrandom which version of linux you used ?
Also you can try and run lspci -vvnn and look for the adapter, there you will be able to see if there any driven loaded for it, you can even reload the driver

Last edited by OniRj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess