Switch does not boot on anymore

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there.
I use to switch between sd cards to launch my Switch on Android on one card or Atmosphere on the other.
Today, while I was switching between cards, my Switch froze in Hekate, turned off and I can’t boot it anymore.

What can I do ?
Thanks

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats odd do you have auto rcm on ? are u sure the battery is not empty? does tegrarcm recognize the switch? you could try to open the switch and take the battery out for a moment

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I had auto rcm on in Hekate. I’m not home, I did not try to plug the Switch to my PC. You think it’s gonna work if I plug it and launch payload on the computer ?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I had auto rcm on in Hekate. I’m not home, I did not try to plug the Switch to my PC. You think it’s gonna work if I plug it and launch payload on the computer ?
could work could not but even knowing that tegrarcm recognized the console or pc connection only acted like a charger would help in the overall troubleshooting

let me explain: I had the same freezes with android on my switch most time a hardshut down would do it but i had one time the experience that the switch was stuck in android freeze/blackscreen it looked like the switch was off tegra wouldnt recognise it and every usb connection (tegra/rekado/rcmjig) acted like the switch was a charger/powerbank and the only solution was to open the switch an take out the battery

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m so pissed off. Did not know the Switch could brick so easily.
Gonna try to plug it to my pc this evening and will tell u.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m so pissed off. Did not know the Switch could brick so easily.
Gonna try to plug it to my pc this evening and will tell u.
technically its not bricked if you dont trust your self with taking out the battery for a moment you could just wait till the battery runs dry

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Taking off the battery will damage my switch ?
The Switch is easy to open up just be aware the screws strip easily so be gentle screwing them back in and use the right size (Triwing Y00) screwdriver or they will strip much more easily. If you don't have a Triwing screwdriver you can use a very small flathead small enough to fit in the middle of the Y-shaped groove and it should let you easily unscrew the screws with little damage to them. Like so: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4p624k7d03ge3a/triwing.jpg?dl=0 - I've done this myself and the screws came out easily, but don't apply force, if the screw doesn't come out easily without applying force, more force is likely to strip the screw.
Careful with the little MicroSD reader, it simply unplugs from the mainboard (the connector is behind the piece of foam - you don't need to remove the foam but it can make it a little easier since you see better) before unscrewing the metal shield but the connector is flimsy, be especially careful to line it up when plugging it back in and be gentle.
The metal shield uses standard Philips screws (they are a small size though)
The battery is immediately visible after removing the metal shielding and you can simply use something thin to lever the battery plug up.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure why people tell you to unplug the battery
try plug in ac adapter, hold power for 15s then let it charge for a few mins

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
A little advice if you go through with it.
When you need to put back the sd reader be carefull not to use anything else but your littlefinger.
Or you might end up breaking the sd reader connections like me.

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not sure why people tell you to unplug the battery
try plug in ac adapter, hold power for 15s then let it charge for a few mins
I’ve already tried to hold the power button, nothing happens.
But in Hekate, I turned on the “auto rcm mode”, maybe the Switch is in recovery mode, no ?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve already tried to hold the power button, nothing happens.
But in Hekate, I turned on the “auto rcm mode”, maybe the Switch is in recovery mode, no ?
sometimes holding it 1 time might not work, try at least 2 times and charge it 10+ mins before trying to boot it again

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tried to do it several times, did not change a thing. My only chance now is to boot in on my computer tomorrow.

Andorin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just came back home.
I write it down in case some people have same troubles.

RECAP: I switched between micro sd cards while in Hekate and got a freeze in Hekate menu then a total black screen and ZERO way to turn it on again.
I thought it was a total brick. Tried to hold the power button, charge, let it hours but nothing changed.
I remembered I activated “auto rcm mode” .
So I plugged the Switch on my computer to load a payload and the Switch booted on as usual. Just like before.
SO.
If your Switch freezes in Hekate and you have a black screen, do not panic, do not relove the battery, just load a payload on your computer.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just came back home.
I write it down in case some people have same troubles.

RECAP: I switched between micro sd cards while in Hekate and got a freeze in Hekate menu then a total black screen and ZERO way to turn it on again.
I thought it was a total brick. Tried to hold the power button, charge, let it hours but nothing changed.
I remembered I activated “auto rcm mode” .
So I plugged the Switch on my computer to load a payload and the Switch booted on as usual. Just like before.
SO.
If your Switch freezes in Hekate and you have a black screen, do not panic, do not relove the battery, just load a payload on your computer.
srry im late but im wake now and its nice to hear that your switch is running and im amazed that it only needed to reinject a payload

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself