Hardware Switch controller adapter that can connect multiple controllers ?

supercarotte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

As I recently bought MK8D for my switch, I need some extra controllers (4 of them) to play with my siblings. Joycons/pro controller are way too expensive, so I looked into adapters since we already own a lot of consoles and controllers.

Every model I found can only connect 1 controller at a time but you can plug several of them onto a USB hub to connect multiple controllers. Still, it'd cost me around 80€ worth of adapters so I was wondering if there was one that could connect to several controllers at a time ? With current bluetooth standards and since the switch can detect multiple controllers on a single USB port it should be theoretically possible but I've found nothing so far.

Any idea ?

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe the Switch recognizes only the adapters themselves as separate controllers. For example, Mayflash's 4-port GC controller adapter controls one player, regardless of which controller port the Gamecube controller is connected to.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use a smash gamecube adapter with 4 gamecube controllers, an offbrand adapter is only like $10 and offbrand gamecube controllers are only like $8 each if you somehow don't already have a few.

Reactions: supercarotte

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the Switch recognizes only the adapters themselves as separate controllers. For example, Mayflash's 4-port GC controller adapter controls one player, regardless of which controller port the Gamecube controller is connected to.
I may be wrong because I only did a short test a while back but I'm pretty sure the official GC adapter will properly use all of them as separate controllers. Don't want to dig up my GC stuff to verify that though, so someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

supercarotte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But you can plug several adapters into a hub onto your switch and they'll be recognized as 4 different controllers, so I was wondering if there was an adapter that'd kind of have an internal hub so that I don't have to buy 4 of them and have a trillion of cables. A USB hub that also has the drivers to make controllers work on the switch would be perfect, but as Bluetooth controllers are way more popular right now I guess Boone is selling a USB controllers adapter.

you can use a smash gamecube adapter with 4 gamecube controllers, an offbrand adapter is only like $10 and offbrand gamecube controllers are only like $8 each if you somehow don't already have a few.
Thanks, I have 4 GC controllers already so I'll try that. Do you know if rebrands work too or do I have to buy the official one (which is like 80+€ now that Nintendo doesn't make it anymore) ? GC controllers don't have a ZL button and I heard rumble doesn't work too but it shouldn't be a problem for games like MK ?

Last edited by supercarotte,

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I have 4 GC controllers already so I'll try that. Do you know if rebrands work too or do I have to buy the official one (which is like 80+€ now that Nintendo doesn't make it anymore) ? GC controllers don't have a ZL button and I heard rumble doesn't work too but it shouldn't be a problem for games like MK ?

I'm pretty sure any controller that can be plugged into the GC controller adapter will work fine, including unofficial adapters like the Mayflash one which I love.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you can plug several adapters into a hub onto your switch and they'll be recognized as 4 different controllers, so I was wondering if there was an adapter that'd kind of have an internal hub so that I don't have to buy 4 of them and have a trillion of cables. A USB hub that also has the drivers to make controllers work on the switch would be perfect, but as Bluetooth controllers are way more popular right now I guess Boone is selling a USB controllers adapter.

yeah as long as it looks like the original, i got one for my brother for like $6 on sale at aliexpress a while back the ports are a little tight but other than that no problems.
rumble doesnt work and it doesnt have as many buttons as a switch controller but they work great on any game you can get by with that many buttons and no rumble its perfect for mario kart.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
If you love yourself dont buy NES30 PRO controllers. The amount of trouble I had with my pair is just stupid and not worth your time.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I own 3 and have had no issues
I have 2, tried connecting to iPhone (1 month later I just gave up, breaking connection, not working in emulators, buttons not registering, right analog not working), tried connecting to PS3 (gave up after a week when the controllers would not connect wirelessly, right analog wont work and every digital button registers as 2 presses instead of 1).

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2, tried connecting to iPhone (1 month later I just gave up, breaking connection, not working in emulators, buttons not registering, right analog not working), tried connecting to PS3 (gave up after a week when the controllers would not connect wirelessly, right analog wont work and every digital button registers as 2 presses instead of 1).
All 3 work perfectly on ps3 (wirelessly), android, and switch for me.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard there is a small delay with these controllers when played on the Switch compared to the likes of the official pro controller. Have you noticed this?
I don't have one just yet but i will buy one someday, but my friend has one and he let me see it and feel it and i watched him play on it and i didnt notice any lag when it came to button pressing but i did notice it with the motion control. It wasn't too bad which led me to my decision that i will buy one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA