Switch Constantly on Blue Screen

Nicols97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
I'm new on the forum and In the Switch community and I need some help.
I've bought a Switch from a closing store which comes with a blue screen every time i boot it up,
The only thing the seller told me only was that the console has received some physical damage since it has no left joycon and some missing plastic pieces.

First of all I opened it up to see if the motherboard has received some damage but it doesn't seem; even checked if it was bent but, as my eyes can see, it seems straight.
Maybe the blue screen was caused by the APU, after that I tried to put some pressure on but it doesn't do the job, even on the RAM, still a blue screen.
Already tried to get into the recovery (Power + Volume Up + Volume Down) always a blue screen.
After some research I found that it could be the eMMC, by removing it and trying to boot up nothing happens, just a black screen (I'm assuming with this that is not the APU the problem, or am I wrong?).
Even checked the serial code but it says: "Your console is possibly patched (XAJ7004535)".
How could I fix this? I have no idea...

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to google, blue screens usually happen because "software errors (relating to corrupted or unnecessary files) and impact or water damage to hardware." So I suggest looking for water damage signs. If none, you might wanna buy a new eMMC. If you can't, send it to nintendo.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t remember Emmc causing a blue screen but I could be wrong. it’s possible that drop damage caused the issue. it might be worth attempting to relfow the APU and ram with proper bga equipment using an adequate amount of flux. Also, worth checking the connectors of the Emmc as well. If you don’t know how to do any of this then I would not attempt a repair your self unless your willing to donate the switch to you learning the trade!!!

Nicols97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the answers guys :D

There's an update on the situation:
After some time the RCM Jig has arrived, tested if the console was booting, at least, in RCM by sliding the Jig in the Right Joycon slide, holding Volume Up and pressing power but, sadly, it still boots in a blue screen; I hope this means that the eMMC is not faulty. The next thing I'll try is a reflow of both APU and RAM. I'll keep you updated. Fingers crossed :switch:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: someone is saying ultimate nes remix didn't had less games, it makes my brain hurts