1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    @hax4dayz asked this creator if you can include the homebrew in the package?

2. MaW1ng

MaW1ng Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    I downloaded it n ran the program.
    When i open a game then exit home go hb menu n open edizon, it said there is cheat (for that game) but the regions is different

3. enisdeniz

enisdeniz Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    one of the best mods i saw in a while.

thank you for this.

4. Vahnyyz

Vahnyyz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with certain games and their cheat files stating there's an error parsing. I've deleted the cheat files using updater and then redownloaded

it said the file size was slightly different from the installed size but I figured that was just a visual glitch or something. But specifically ACNH is giving a freeze when using "Save Teleporter" as that's the only cheat that currently shows up

I should probably mention I'm on SXOS 3.0.2, and the freeze isn't in game. It freezes in the cheats menu of SXOS's "Album" Menu

Last edited by Vahnyyz, Jun 26, 2020
  5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    @Homlet
    Just wanted to drop a little "thanks" here.
    Downloaded this via app store nx and used it. Worked in an instant as intended. Very nice! :)

6. Homlet

OP Homlet Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    This is indeed a visual glitch. The problem probably comes from the cheat files themselves, and you'll get more support about that here https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/
    I'm not at all familiar with how cheats work, I barely use them myself :^)

7. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

you can't use AMS only codes on sx os since sx os doesn't support them hence why it freezes in the cheats menu after enabled

8. renegade2k82

renegade2k82 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi where is this config folder for the exclude.txt file?i can not find the folders with the exclude.txt for the life of me.I want to exclude some games but cant figure this out.Also animal crossing keeps crashing on me when i try to do lan play and i had no issues before i downloaded cheats.the animal crossing is version 1.30.Hope someone can help.Thanks

9. Digi_Ohhh

Digi_Ohhh GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    in the root directory of your microSD, look for
    Code:
    /config/cheats-updater/exclude.txt
    Create the ‘config’ and/or ‘cheats-updater’ directories if they're missing, then paste the ‘exclude.txt’ file in there.

Can't help you with Animal Crossing tho

Last edited by Digi_Ohhh, Jul 6, 2020
  10. charliedunkers

Newcomer

Bahrain
    Hi , when running cheats updater , it list 5 games that it has updated cheats for
    But i cant seem to find or start any cheats in edizon , im doing something wrong ?

11. razedsgn

razedsgn Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    in what directory should i create? and what do u mean "download 1.1.7

-------------
    i already have sxos/titles on mine, but i always get dark screen everything i press A. any solution?

memorycard/sxos/titles is it right? or my directory is wrong?

Last edited by razedsgn, Jul 15, 2020
  12. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i have a titles folder are all the files that folder copied to the sd card ot the extracted "titles" folder, as can't see any cheats. i'm using atmosphere by th way.

13. Danethos86

Danethos86 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I used the cheat updater now when try play some games i get a black screen crashing . Am i doing something wrong cause it only happens when i use the updater.
    I played games fine before using updater. did cheat updater now half games dont work.

14. lipanz

lipanz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    thanks.. great job.. it could be better if we can blacklist cheats within the console.

15. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I put the folder in switch just like the direction said but I don’t see it on album so how to load this app?

16. razedsgn

razedsgn Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    mine also. how its now? still the same?

17. Danethos86

Danethos86 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Same issue here only fix is use uninstall all updates option in cheat updater and works again.
    You can try manually updating to see if fixes issue too.
    Think some games have cheats that break system or such yet dunno if glitch or issue with something else.

I do know atleast 6 games have it.
    One if definationly new trails of cold steel.

Last edited by Danethos86, Jul 25, 2020
  18. zeezoo3255

zeezoo3255 Newbie
    Newcomer

Qatar
    Hi all. I am just going to apologise now. I am an absolute beginner. I have cheat updater, it is in the switch folder. I have edizon as well. I just have no idea what I am doing. I am attempting to use cheats with Lego City Undercover. I have downloaded from cheat updater and it says it found Lego on there. I just can't figure out how to activate.

Any help please?

19. tangerines

tangerines Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Hi there, I'm on SX OS with a modded Switch Lite on the newest firmware. When I press A to update cheat files (I currently have no cheats installed), the screen just goes black with no response at all. I have to press the home button to go back to the home screen.

Any help will be appreciated! :-)

20. jboom91

jboom91 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have edizon and tesla and the overlays installed, and I also have Switch Cheats Updater. I have two games which are Animal Crossing and Pokemon Shield, they are both up to date. I run the Switch Cheats Updater and it creates 11 txt files in the location of my animal crossing cheats folder, and 2 txt files in pokemon. When I run edizon overlay and choose cheats it says no cheats loaded.

From what I understand to get the txt file cheats to work with Edizon and Tesla I can only use one txt file and it has to be titled the build id? So, what am I supposed to do with the cheat files that the updater created, because they are not titled with the build id and there are multiple files?

I'm on atmosphere btw. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Updater, Switch, Cheats