ROM Hack Question Switch cfw for later versions

MalThe2nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know anything about switch modding but I have a question can the switch be hacked on version 8.1.0? If so can you please tell me how

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I dont know anything about switch modding but I have a question can the switch be hacked on version 8.1.0? If so can you please tell me how
yes you can CFW with 8.1.0, but if you bought your switch recently from a store, it is very likely that the hardware itself is unhackable (for now).
check your switch serial number if it's "unpatched".

MalThe2nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is march considered recent also where do I check if my serial is unpatched?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes you can CFW with 8.1.0, but if you bought your switch recently from a store, it is very likely that the hardware itself is unhackable (for now).
check your switch serial number if it's "unpatched".
Is march considered recent also where do I check if my serial is unpatched?

Last edited by MalThe2nd,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks since my switch is patched will there be any other way to hack it soon?
There is a good chance that an ipatched Switch on 8.1.0 will never be hackable. If you care about hacking your Switch, you should sell this one and get a new one that's unpatched. Always check the serial number before buying anything.

Alternatively, ipatched Switch systems on 4.1.0 (that have never connected to the internet) are hackable, but unpatched Switch systems are better.

MalThe2nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a good chance that an ipatched Switch on 8.1.0 will never be hackable. If you care about hacking your Switch, you should sell this one and get a new one that's unpatched. Always check the serial number before buying anything.

Alternatively, ipatched Switch systems on 4.1.0 (that have never connected to the internet) are hackable, but unpatched Switch systems are better.
Oh

LucasM3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Maybe he can sell the tablet and keep the accessories then just buy a tablet.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.