Hacking Question Switch bricked and cannot go to RCM

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You can try using a jig, hold Volume Up and press the Power button just in case you are not in AutoRCM, and see if you can load up Hekate.
Tried....still no luck.
Beside, the origin reason why I tried to restore my switch is also strange. When I tried to boot my fresh made emummc (11.0.0) through heketa, atmosphere gave me a fault that fusee-seondary.bin encounter an error. Then I tried to restore my old boot0/boot1 and brick my switch.
Don't know if this is relevant or not.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried....still no luck.
Beside, the origin reason why I tried to restore my switch is also strange. When I tried to boot my fresh made emummc (11.0.0) through heketa, atmosphere gave me a fault that fusee-seondary.bin encounter an error. Then I tried to restore my old boot0/boot1 and brick my switch.
Don't know if this is relevant or not.

At the current state you can still enter RCM mode as the Horizon OS is mess up not a problem with RCM mode.

Reactions: ly0koS

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
At the current state you can still enter RCM mode as the Horizon OS is mess up not a problem with RCM mode.
Yeah that is also what I'm looking for, and because I got the complete rawnand.rar along with my boot0/boot1.I think at least I can go back to that version of Horizon OS.
But right now it can not be pick up by my computer.
And because the blank screen, I cannot even know it is enter the RCM mode or not.
QAQ:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck.
And I conformed that isn't a driver fault. I try using a Mac and the device don't even show up in the ioregexplorer (mac's device manager).
I think my chance is low now...

I have no experience with troubleshooting it on Mac, as I am on Windows.

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have no experience with troubleshooting it on Mac, as I am on Windows.
So what I mean is the switch cannot connect to PC(maybe not even power on). I suspect whether there is a battery fault or other hardware fault.

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
OK, now I'm charging my switch and plug a power meter on my charger.
Good news is it is charging.But bad news is it only charges at 3W.
But that might just because it is fully...
emmmm...Any suggestions?:(

Last edited by ly0koS,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be easier if you have a payload dongle to inject a payload, if you had a jig along with a payload dongle you can try to push a payload, since you used an older boot0/boot1 your horizon OS is bricked currently, so your option is to inject hekate. My guess the current amp you are getting are like 0.46 amp.

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Would be easier if you have a payload dongle to inject a payload, if you had a jig along with a payload dongle you can try to push a payload, since you used an older boot0/boot1 your horizon OS is bricked currently, so your option is to inject hekate. My guess the current amp you are getting are like 0.46 amp.
Thank for advice, but I don't have a dongle...Maybe buy one later.My current amp is around 0.6 amp.
But I got a strange situation,my charging rate holds 3W for a period and then down to 1.1W.
Maybe my switch is full of charge?Or battery died?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for advice, but I don't have a dongle...Maybe buy one later.My current amp is around 0.6 amp.
But I got a strange situation,my charging rate holds 3W for a period and then down to 1.1W.
Maybe my switch is full of charge?Or battery died?

I don't think it is dead battery why don't you plug it into the computer and try to push Hekate, it should still charge even though it will be low amp.

ly0koS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't think it is dead battery why don't you plug it into the computer and try to push Hekate, it should still charge even though it will be low amp.
The problem is my computer don't pick up switch.No device found.And when I plug in my switch onto my computer, device manger no refresh,no sound,nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)