Switch BIS Keys (2/3) Not working

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Gwandoya, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Gwandoya
    OP

Gwandoya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Germany
    Hello everyone,

i had to downgrade my switch over the pc ( sorry cant post the link to the guide )
    but i cant do 17,18,22 & 23 because HacDiscMount says that my keys wont work :/

I dumped the keys with Hekate ( and with biskeydump to verify the keys ) but
    neither of those work.

Thanks for help :)
    Greetings Gwanny

Last edited by Gwandoya, Oct 28, 2019
  2. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    If you NAND dump is newer than the keys you generate with your downgraded firmware, then they won't work.

My advise would be to just dump them again with Lockpick_rcm on a clean SD card.

3. Gwandoya
    OP

Gwandoya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Germany
    I (re)generated the keys with Lockpick_rcm but they are still the same and don't work :/

4. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United States
    AZ
    did you make a backup before downgrading ?

Restore the backup with hekate..
    Then use choidujourNX Homebrew to downgrade

For biskeys not to much you must of done something incorrectly, and i think you should restore the backup that was working... and downgrade with the choidujourNX Homebrew app as its simple.

5. Gwandoya
    OP

Gwandoya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Germany
    i made a backup but the backup is at version 6.1.0 and is corrupted and i don't want to downgrade. I just haven't found a way to restore to 8.1.0 over my pc.

I made a backup about half a year ago and went back to it. The problem was, that my software was already on 8.1.0.
    My switch stopped working and i wanted to fix that, but HacDiskMount didnt allow me to use my BIS 2 / 3 Keys.
    And ChoiDujour (PC) doesnt support 8.1.0 so i thought i could go to 6.1.0 and upgrade back to 8.1.0.

Last edited by Gwandoya, Oct 29, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted