Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to force streetpass to be on when in range of a wlan connection?

I have my home connection configured but would like to try to pick something up with streetpass. How can I choose to use streetpass instead of the wlan connection?
(No, deleting the connection doesn't count :P)

How do those of you guys do it living in busy places?

Solution
If you read the manual, you know that StreetPass doesn't work if you are connected to the Internet or another 3DS.
However if you close your 3DS, it will automatically switch to StreetPass.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Streetpass is already activated even when connected to wlan. Even though it might not show you the green Streetpass icon at the corner of the homepage anymore, it should still have Streetpass on.
'Cause think about that thing where AT&T will be putting Wi-Fi spots for the 3DS; do you think that that everyone in range of these hotspots will be forced to have streetpass off?
;)

Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't suppose that's technically possible because one wlan chipset can not run infrastructure and adhoc mode at once. So it'd need two, which it doesn't have.

I did some digging on the internet, some claim streetpass indeed works while being connected to the internet. However, the manual states otherwise.

Maybe someone else can give more insight.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@prwlr. the wireless switch activates or deactivates all wireless comunications. you can choose to have streetpass on in the 3ds settings regardless of this wireless switch ....but if the switch is not on you will not receive streetpass..... also streetpass has nothing to do with internet connection.. it is a wireless communication between two 3ds's spot pass is what deals with an internet connection.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Don's definitive answer, both are on at the same time.
I have my 3DS set to connect to where I work so I can always be able to get an update/etc as soon as it comes out. My sister came in one day with her 3DS while waiting for me to close and my 3DS StreetPassed with hers.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you read the manual, you know that StreetPass doesn't work if you are connected to the Internet or another 3DS.
However if you close your 3DS, it will automatically switch to StreetPass.

Solution

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the manual at the very bottom of page 7:
"StreetPass functionality is not available during local wireless communication (page 39) or when connected to the Internet."
When you open your 3DS you can shortly see, that the Communication mode is StreetPass, before it connects to the Internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2