Hacking Question Switch banned 2124-4027. Why?

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my switch got banned from Splatoon 2 online for, according to the email, hacking online. The problem is, the last time I "hacked" the switch I use for online play was 3 months ago, to restore the save data of Splatoon from my banned switch, yet I got banned today. I haven't done any online hacks (which aren't possible as far as I know?) and don't know what could've caused this. Any ideas on what to do or what could have caused it?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last time I "hacked" the switch I use for online play was 3 months ago, to restore the save data of Splatoon from my banned switch, yet I got banned today. Any ideas on what to do or what could have caused it?
What could've caused it? Probably exactly what you said about restoring a save from a banned unit.

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think Ninty is in any way fast???

Took em this long just to kill CDNSP.
Fair enough lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The way I think it happens is that a console gets automatically flagged, and then it has to go through human review before it actually gets banned.
Sounds accurate. Guess they took a while to get to me. It was fun while it lasted :/

Reactions: Subtle Demise

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Also, Nintendo wants fair-play with Splatoon 2 and you have modified its save data (I know it's your, but tecnically it is from from another console and Nintendo doesn't let you even backup up it on the cloud)

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, every savegame has a unique ID and when you restored a banned savegame, then you send the data to their server and they ban you again for it (as you hacked again).
Or did you maybe do things like hacking seasnails then this is more likely the cause as today was another ban wave

Dfroberts86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds accurate. Guess they took a while to get to me. It was fun while it lasted :/
I just got banned yesterday as well, after using cfw, Homebrew, and nsps, as well as going online with all of that for over two months. I was expecting that to happen a long time ago.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, every savegame has a unique ID and when you restored a banned savegame, then you send the data to their server and they ban you again for it (as you hacked again).
Or did you maybe do things like hacking seasnails then this is more likely the cause as today was another ban wave
Well they may have a unique ID, idk, haven't heard anything about it. And haven't modified my save in any way other than moving it from one console to another so idk what they're detecting.
Also, Nintendo wants fair-play with Splatoon 2 and you have modified its save data (I know it's your, but tecnically it is from from another console and Nintendo doesn't let you even backup up it on the cloud)
The fact that they don't let you back it up on the cloud is why I had to move it from one to the other via homebrew, and I don't quite think its unfair to not want to lose your save data, but I guess ninty thinks otherwise

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
And haven't modified my save in any way other than moving it from one console to another so idk what they're detecting.
Nintendo has detected you had run an Homebrew. You can be honest and never modify a save (nor play backups) but to prevent that other people can modify their saves and use them online, Nintendo bans everyone who loads an unauthorized software

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't you that person who claimed to have only used Homebrew that led to your ban? Based on your post history, you also may have touched LayeredFS which most likely led to your ban. But when I asked you about this, you just ignored my PM. Did you or did you not use LayeredFS?

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weren't you that person who claimed to have only used Homebrew that led to your ban? Based on your post history, you also may have touched LayeredFS which most likely led to your ban. But when I asked you about this, you just ignored my PM. Did you or did you not use LayeredFS?
Sorry about not responding! I did use layeredfs on my old switch, which is superbanned, after it was banned. The only homebrew I have used on my current switch is checkpoint to restore my saves.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about not responding! I did use layeredfs on my old switch, which is superbanned, after it was banned. The only homebrew I have used on my current switch is checkpoint to restore my saves.
No problem! I was just confused and wanted to clear the air. Also, most, if not all, bans are now CDN bans (aka superbans) so Nintendo is not taking us so lightly anymore.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did CheckPoint crash or cause bugs when you restored? Did you have creport running (this is very important as even hidden issues could lead to a ban)? I have no idea how it could have gotten you banned otherwise. Also important for @Memoir as he's looking to salvage his saves from SX OS ban.

Saves do have protections on them but I don't think it would cause cross-cobsole contamination so to speak.

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did CheckPoint crash or cause bugs when you restored? Did you have creport running (this is very important as even hidden issues could lead to a ban)? I have no idea how it could have gotten you banned otherwise. Also important for @Memoir as he's looking to salvage his saves from SX OS ban.

Saves do have protections on them but I don't think it would cause cross-cobsole contamination so to speak.
Checkpoint didn't crash or have any problems when I used it, and I don't know what creport is, so I assume I wasn't running it.
No problem! I was just confused and wanted to clear the air. Also, most, if not all, bans are now CDN bans (aka superbans) so Nintendo is not taking us so lightly anymore.
True that, though my online switch is only banned from Splatoon, so no superban yet. Hope it ain't escalated.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint didn't crash or have any problems when I used it, and I don't know what creport is, so I assume I wasn't running it.

True that, though my online switch is only banned from Splatoon, so no superban yet. Hope it ain't escalated.

Oh you got banned just from Splatoon? That's probably because a transfered save trigger the anti-cheat because it's from a different console, or you got flagged got bad behavior somehow and it has nothing to do with the saves.

That's what got ya, in-game detection. Shouldn't be escalated, haven't heard about such a thing ever happening.

Creport is a dump of error logs to SD card.

Last edited by V-Temp,

PEKKA4597

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.02.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.02.25 PM.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 308

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system