Homebrew Question Switch Ban

DaCoolGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey guys. I wanted to know what happens if i get banned from the switch and how can i prevent it?Will it brick the switch?

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to access Nintendo servers, that means no online play, e-shop and system updates. Nothing happens with Switch software, you will still be able to play games you already downloaded or physically bought.

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee, I sure hope Nintendo doesn't brick banned consoles. That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
They have no reason to do it. Bans are understandable because you're violating ToS and you're potential cheater who could ruin online play for legit players, but bricks are way over the top. Also it's not possible for them to do it after you get ban, since they have no access to your device anymore.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your console gets banned because using CFW, it's most likely that you cant use it for most nintendo services.

For Europe they tend to superban and that includes CDN as well but the active account not.

You can't deactivate your account or remove it, the support does decline to remove active accounts from banned consoles.

Rule 1#: Remove your account if it contains money or buyed games before tainting it with CFW.
Rule 2#: Never use your CFW console online.
Rule 3#: If you want to use CFW and online services, buy another switch and seperate your needs.
Rule 4#: Don't complain if you get banned.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning