GCN Swiss not launching

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My USA gamecube is modded with a XenoGC. I have also adjusted the potentiometer by following a guide MrMario. When I attempt to launch Swiss via a burned disc, it makes a sound and then does not recognize the disc. I know the XenoGC works because I am able to launch region locked games from Japan. Any advice? My Swiss disc is burned onto a Sony DVD-R and I used imgburn, along with the latest version of Swiss. Linked is a video of what happens when I try to launch my Swiss disc.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other than burning at the slowest speed you can and maybe trying a different brand of disc - Maxell of all discs, have surprisingly been the most reliable for me. It should just work.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My USA gamecube is modded with a XenoGC. I have also adjusted the potentiometer by following a guide MrMario. When I attempt to launch Swiss via a burned disc, it makes a sound and then does not recognize the disc. I know the XenoGC works because I am able to launch region locked games from Japan. Any advice? My Swiss disc is burned onto a Sony DVD-R and I used imgburn, along with the latest version of Swiss. Linked is a video of what happens when I try to launch my Swiss disc.

Hi,

I had that problem also in the begin,xenogc modded gamecube with hdmi mod,burned disc and doesn't work.
What i did was just a lser adjustment,mine is a dol 001,if you have a dol 101,they are different readings.
Mine was 500 ohm,so i adjusted to 220,and it was working perfekt after that.
Or you could buy a gcloader,i did that and its working fine with it.
If you gona tweaker the laser,follow a guide how to do it and don't forget the standard readings,write them down so if problems arise you could get back to stock and see what model you have(dol 001 or 101)
https://shop.dansprojects.com/gc-loader.html
https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Laser_Tuning

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.:)

Are this orignal Games or also Backups ?

Please try to re-burn your Swiss Image with ImgBurn and use maximal 4x Speed (if posssible 2x) !

Thank you.:)
It reads original games, but not the disc that is burned with a Swiss image.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,

I had that problem also in the begin,xenogc modded gamecube with hdmi mod,burned disc and doesn't work.
What i did was just a lser adjustment,mine is a dol 001,if you have a dol 101,they are different readings.
If you gona tweaker the laser,follow a guide how to do it and don't forget the standard readings,write them down so if problems arise you could get back to stock and see what model you have(dol 001 or 101)
Ok. Mine is a DOL-001. I will try that and get back to you on wether or not I find any success in further tuning my laser. Thanks

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ok,then it is maybe really only a matter of "to fast burned" DVD.:)

Please try to re-burn your Swiss Image with ImgBurn and use maximal 4x Speed (if posssible 2x) !

My Swiss disc is burned on 2x Speed, and no dice, unfortunately. Thanks for your advice though :)

Hi,

Ok. I have tuned my laser to every resistance between 150 and 250, the safe range for DOL-001 and still nothing. I will probably try to just get GCLOADER. Thank you for your advice, though. Probably a problem with my discs or disc drive.

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Then it is unfortuately maybe really necessary to do a Laser Calibration.:(

Are you familiar with this Procedure ?
Yes I have tuned the laser. I tried 150 ohms, 160 ohms, 170 ohms, 180 ohms, 190 ohms, 200 ohms, 210 ohms, 220 ohms, 230 ohms, 240 ohms and 250 ohms. None of them worked

Ye
Maybe he did it wrong,normally it should work.
Problem is he is far away,or he can send the drive and i will look at it.
yes, i appreciate that offer, to ship the drive to Belgium it is very expensive though. More expensive than just buying GCLOADER or something similar.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes I have tuned the laser. I tried 150 ohms, 160 ohms, 170 ohms, 180 ohms, 190 ohms, 200 ohms, 210 ohms, 220 ohms, 230 ohms, 240 ohms and 250 ohms. None of them worked

Can you try a "backup" burned Game please (if possible US or EU) ? The Sony DVD-R are maybe not compatible with your GameCube.:unsure:
As you maybe now the GameCube Drives are very "selective" on DVD-R´s.

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Can you try a "backup" burned Game please (if possible US or EU) ? The Sony DVD-R are maybe not compatible with your GameCube.:unsure:
As you maybe now the GameCube Drives are very "selective" on DVD-R´s.

I have tried Maxell discs, and there was no luck. I will see if I can try other discs

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have tried Maxell discs, and there was no luck. I will see if I can try other discs

Unfortunately you maybe have to do the Laser Calibration with each DVD-R Brand you try.:(
The best Choice is still VERBATIM DVD-R.

I remember on my GameCubes all DVD Drives had different Settings.
I used Maxell/TDK/MediaRange (all of them were very unreliable,always had the DRE Error...)
and finally Verbatim,they works perfect on 4x Burning Speed.

What you also can try please is to disable the DRE Check on your Xeno Chip:

While booting/power ON Hold the [R button] - Disable DREfix
Disables the native read adjustment and retries.
This may be useful if you wish to scan a disc for read errors.
The XenoGC will not attempt to correct any errors and will use the default read settings
After the next Re-Boot it is enabled again.

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Unfortunately you maybe have to do the Laser Calibration with each DVD-R Brand you try.:(
The best Choice is still VERBATIM DVD-R.

I remember on my GameCubes all DVD Drives had different Settings.
I used Maxell/TDK/MediaRange (all of them were very unreliable,always had the DRE Error...)
and finally Verbatim,they works perfect on 4x Burning Speed.

What you also can try please is to disable the DRE Check on your Xeno Chip:

While booting/power ON Hold the [R button] - Disable DREfix
Disables the native read adjustment and retries.
This may be useful if you wish to scan a disc for read errors.
The XenoGC will not attempt to correct any errors and will use the default read settings
After the next Re-Boot it is enabled again.

Still nothing after disabling DREfix. Modchip is for sure working as it is able to boot into the XenoGC shell when I hold start when booting a legitimate game.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a drive once that needed to be calibrated differently for each disc of even the same brand. The lowest was 80 ohms.

It's still possible to get ritek mini's on aliexpress btw. The coaster rate is too high for my liking though with modern burners.

amonte2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. The burned games do not work still.
I had a drive once that needed to be calibrated differently for each disc of even the same brand. The lowest was 80 ohms.

It's still possible to get ritek mini's on aliexpress btw. The coaster rate is too high for my liking though with modern burners.
Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for that. I am exploring different options. The most compelling right now is getting a GCLOADER when they are back in stock. I’m just dipping my toes into modding, so that seems to be the most hassle free option. Thank you so much for the advice though :D i appreciate it.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.