GCN Swiss and GBI on the same gamecube memory card

Doritobob269

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a working system of loading the basic gbi on my gamecube from the Wind Waker hack, but this hack specifically loads a boot.dol file on the memory card. I would like to load swiss from this hack and then pick that I want to load gbi from that. My problem is that I cannot have both gbi and swiss on the same memory card as they are both installed through gcmm on my wii as boot.dol and obviously overwrite eachother. If I was able to rename gbi's boot.dol file to something else like *.dol , swiss would be able to hold the boot.dol spot and I could load gbi from a different .dol file. I don't know of a way to do this as I don't know to rename the .dol files found in my .gci files.

Also I would like to load gbi through swiss so that I can have more config options for how I want gbi to load in terms of resolution and scaling, but I have only found that this can be done if i first boot swiss and then gbi from there. If there is a workaround to this whole problem that would allow me to use gbi with custom preset configs.

Thank you

Doritobob269

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean launching gbi from the same memcard swiss Is loaded? I Guess you'll need a sdload or another memcard in slot 2.
Yes, that is correct, that is what I'm trying to do. Do you know of a way to do this on just one memory card, or do I need an sdload? I'm trying to do the most with what I have.

Doritobob269

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
name it something other than boot dol then like gbi.dol
You seem like you missed what I wrote. I have 2 files. Each with .gci extensions. I gave no way of renaming the actual .dol files. That's exactly the idea i proposed above, but don't know a way of how to.

Brodacious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to figure it out? Could someone walk me through how to put Swiss on my memory card? I already was able to but the GBI on a memory card, but with a different memory card, I am on my Wii in the memory manager program but it doesn’t show the Swiss dol file that is on my SD card. What am I doing wrong?

Pushby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Were you able to figure it out? Could someone walk me through how to put Swiss on my memory card? I already was able to but the GBI on a memory card, but with a different memory card, I am on my Wii in the memory manager program but it doesn’t show the Swiss dol file that is on my SD card. What am I doing wrong?
I'm having the exact same issue and I can't find any info about it online.. has anyone helped you out?

Pushby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there should be a gci file in the swiss download that you load onto your gc memory card with gcmm
Sorry for responding so late, I got busy but I wanted to thank you for the help! I don't know why I was even having issues in the first place as I managed to get Swiss on a memory card effortlessly the next day. The only issue is I still can't get Swiss and GBI working on the same memory card. Using dol2gci did successfully rename Swiss and I was able to get both files on the same card but Swiss would fail to load. Maybe if I rename GBI instead, then I could get it to work? I ended up using two memory cards regardless cause I've got bunch of spares laying around.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
the save game booter is designed to boot one dol save so you cant have both swiss and gbi save files on the same memory card

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sorry for responding so late, I got busy but I wanted to thank you for the help! I don't know why I was even having issues in the first place as I managed to get Swiss on a memory card effortlessly the next day. The only issue is I still can't get Swiss and GBI working on the same memory card. Using dol2gci did successfully rename Swiss and I was able to get both files on the same card but Swiss would fail to load. Maybe if I rename GBI instead, then I could get it to work? I ended up using two memory cards regardless cause I've got bunch of spares laying around.
You'll need to get an SD adapter like this or this if you want to chain load GBI from Swiss. These adapters can be bought from Aliexpress for pennies, if you can wait a couple of weeks.

Last edited by enarky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?