iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I had an impulse buy yesterday. I was going to buy an 360, but I saw a Wii commercial and decided to buy a Wii instead.
smile.gif

Questions:
1) I have either a D2B with cut legs or a D2E. Should I buy a D2Sun or D2Pro9? The D2Sun is a lot cheaper but I've never heard of it. Any benefits of be getting the D2Pro9?
2) I expect on getting it combined with the wii-clip (soldering makes me queasy, especially on expensive hardware). Should I get v1 or v3? V3 is DVD-updatable. Is that a useful feature?
3) I updated my Wii Software yesterday, to what I am assuming is v3.3. Would that impair my ability to use homebrew in any way?
4) And if so, is there any way for me to revert the firmware?

iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also: is there any other reliable way to check what drive version I have without having to open up my Wii?
The only thing I've tried is the serial checker.

Edit: Sorry for the double post guys. Should've edit.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) If you bought it a few days ago it's a D2E. Get the D2Sun it is one of the best chips with no issues. D2Pro still has eject issues on some drives...
2) V3 and it could become usefull, you never know. At the moment it doesn't look like it since updates haven't been necessary for almost a year now.
3) Yes. Look it up in the Wii hacking forum, one down from this one...
4) Yes, same as point 3.
5) Which did you use wiidrives.com ? And no there is no other way without opening your Wii...

iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought it the day before from Best Buy so I'm assuming it's D2E. Either way the D2Sun would work, if I'm correct.

Thanks, I just wanted some confirmation that the chip wasn't some Chinese inferior-quality clone.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im not good with this modding stuff, so I cant help. But that is a pretty big impulse buy. The biggest impulse buy for me was like $15. lol

iritegood

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had some money saved up.
smile.gif

Also: what's up with your signature. Did bonemonkey leave during my absence?

Edit:
What's up with this wiigator backup loader I just heard of? Does the latest version have good compatibility? I want to try it before I buy a mod-chip, but I don't know if I can uninstall it.
And: I'm still a bit confused with the firmware-downgrade. Any link to instructions?
happy.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
most likely, you have 3.3b since you just updated... bad move... no homebrew for you... sorry! You MIGHT be able to patch stuff... not sure... there are some threads for the people who updated... I believe there's a work around, but not quite sure...

Since your buying a modchip, your going to have to open your Wii at some point to install it, right? why not open it up now, to be 100% sure what chipset you have so you know exactly what chip to get... you might have an epoxy chip too, but you won't know until you open her up! (yes, the Wii is a she... lot's of ports to put stuff in!)

WiiGator 0.3 has pretty good compatibility, but not 100%. From all estimates, it's at about 75%, but your mileage will vary... some people can play game XXX perfectly, while some cant play it at all... and the people who cant play XXX seem to be able to play YYY while people who could play XXX can't play YYY... it's pretty much hit and miss on your Wii... there are compatibility threads all over the place...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iritegood said:
I had some money saved up.
smile.gif

Also: what's up with your signature. Did bonemonkey leave during my absence?

Edit:
What's up with this wiigator backup loader I just heard of? Does the latest version have good compatibility? I want to try it before I buy a mod-chip, but I don't know if I can uninstall it.
And: I'm still a bit confused with the firmware-downgrade. Any link to instructions?
happy.gif
It's a stickied post in the forum I told you. Are all people blind nowadays? >.< http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

And Wiigators loader has pretty bad pat compatibility and will probably never be perfect. It's a question of how much the convenience that something just works is worth to you...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah and a lot of other users had not. It still has eject issus with D2E-drives and it will probably never be fixed, since the team moved on to Wikey2 (on which they fixed these issues a few weeks ago).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE