Gaming Swapnote/LetterBox Sendable Stationaries

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't intend on removing anyone from here. I'll probably wander back to ACNL after I get Pokemon (and probably Zelda) out of my system (Literally and figuratively).

I wonder if Swapnote was really causing a huge drain on Nintendo's servers, and with Flipnote coming (eventually), they just couldn't handle the load.

Or, if someone at Nintendo finally realized that if you give the internet the ability to send messages, Cocks will appear. (Like Field of Dreams' "If you build it, they will come".... only with dicks.)

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, time to make friends irl who might have these.

Just out of curiosity though, Korea got nothing? Was it even released for Korea?
Same question goes to Taiwan.

Thanks to Psychophantom though, and everyone else who sent them out.

YoshiRider123

運命を変える
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nsider2.com
XP
Country
United States

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As another friend of mine has said, stopping the Spot Pass feature on Swapnote/Letterbox was really the only thing Nintendo could do. :(

Wrong. They could have taken out the photo sharing option and used parental controls for accessing Swapnote as well as downloading it. Taking down spotpass was going too far to handle a small problem.

Reactions: bezem

YoshiRider123

運命を変える
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nsider2.com
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. They could have taken out the photo sharing option and used parental controls for accessing Swapnote as well as downloading it. Taking down spotpass was going too far to handle a small problem.

I don't disagree that Nintendo could've handled it better or differently, but something to keep in mind is that Swapnote has been a pre-installed application on newer 3DS systems for a very long time, the current 3DS parental controls are very easy to circumvent or avoid, and removing photo sharing wouldn't completely control the issue's potential because you can still doodle things or share audio clips.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't disagree that Nintendo could've handled it better or differently, but something to keep in mind is that Swapnote has been a pre-installed application on newer 3DS systems for a very long time, the current 3DS parental controls are very easy to circumvent or avoid, and removing photo sharing wouldn't completely control the issue's potential because you can still doodle things or share audio clips.
That's true; I could draw a dick and then record myself saying 'Penis.' Think of the children everyone!

Isle41

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Swapnote was released in South Korea earlier this year as Exchange Diary.

Swapnote is also available in Taiwan but I don't know its name. You can see its official page here: http://www.nintendo.tw/3ds/letter_box/index.html

So does anyone know if special stationary was sent?

About CP seekers: Sounds a lot like Fox's fear mongering for DS Pictochat, except this time it actually happened.

Though what about Colors! 3D? Can't one use an elaborate game sending funny pictures and messages to unsuspecting users and due to the fact everything is sortable by user one can even get into contact with people.
Not to mention uploading pics to Gmail is possible.
Not to mention Friends can still leave messages in the FC section allowing users to post urls and stuff.
Don't forget Animal Crossing's live chat feature.

That being said though it is rather unfortunate this happened, and while it can be said pulling Spotpass from Swapnote is worth 1 child's life unharmed (considering everyone here is probably 14+ with at least an email, facebook or phones, etc), I still want my 3 stationary I missed. I see no reason they couldn't send one more super letter saying goodbye with all stationary unlocked. MY STATIONARYYYYYYYYYYYY

Though I don't see how Parental Controls are easy to circumvent, unless of course you're actually "too old" for parental controls and you use the 3DS Parental Control Program (that no one under 9 would ever logically get).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1