PS1/2 Swap Magic won't work after FMcB install...

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
It's a new retail disc and was working perfect before I installed FMcB. Now the disc just spins and won't load. Retail games still work, just not Swap Magic. Is this a known issue? I tried checking off some options in the ESR menu, tried removing the memory cards before booting up, but it still won't play

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Well I need the CD one for certain games that can't work with any patching/converting method (Tenshi no Present), and it still works thank god, but for some reason the DVD Swap Magic doesn't. Just curious why

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah but certain games can't work that way due to LBA checks...

Anyway in case anyone else has this problem I found a solution! First insert the backup DVD, then when you get the "please insert PS2 format disc" error, insert the Swap Magic DVD and reset the console... It should load up. So swap the DVD for the backup game, but make sure before you load it that the McBoot card is removed. Woohoo
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would have suggested to remove the FMCB memory card and try again. If it does not work that way, you have a disc or laser problem. Oh and you could try out Open PS2 Loader for CD games from usb, maybe it works and increases the lifetime of your laser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello