Hacking Swap CFW consoles, keep same SD

Forde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I couldn't find this info on the tutorials, I suppose is not a common problem. I hope you can help me.

I recently purchased a n2ds and I wanted to use the sd card from my old n3ds, but I can't. For some reason the content transfer doesn't work on my network too, I can't find the n3ds on it and I wanted to avoid formatting and installing cias all over again. I tried to copy the titles between user folders but that didn't work too, unless I did something wrong.

Is there other way to transfer content between consoles or accounts on the same sd that don't involve the content transfer or repacking titles into cias, like just swapping folders or tinkering with permissions? Thank you.

Last edited by Forde,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If both consoles have CFW, just backup tickets, do a normal system transfer (don't choose over the air transfer), move the SD card when it tells you to, and restore tickets on the new console. Should be able to backup tickets with GodMode9. I'm not sure what the steps are but someone here should be able to tell you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I backup my tickets. their in the db of the ctr NAND iirc. I backed up all pertinent files from my 3ds using godmode:

upload_2020-1-12_4-43-11.png

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private legit tickets can be backed up, but they can't be installed on a different 3DS system due to the DeviceID signature. Real purchased titles and updates obtained from Nintendo eShop do have their legit tickets cross over in official System Transfer.

If your library collection contains pirated titles, and you wish to move your user profile setup to another system.
However, if you want to instead is to clone or copy only the Nintendo 3DS folder, see SDTransfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -