Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a good time to go over some details of the anti-ASR implementation in svdt.
  • svdt does make a lot of assumptions to deduce the ASR game ... iniitially. These assumptions are listed on the wiki, but to reiterate
    • Pokémon Rumble World has /00slot00/00main.dat with its cAVIAR4\x00 identifier in the header. I think this is quite safe, although even if I'm wrong, Rumble World requires special handling anyway.
That is not safe actually. Pokemon Rumble Blast also has /00slot00/00main.dat with a cAVIAR4\x00 identifier in the header. Other than those similarities, it is structured very differently. I know that for a fact since I just checked it's save file a bit ago. What I don't know, is if Rumble Blast is also compressed or not or if it uses a secure value. Having svdt make an assumption only on the file name, location, and the header in a specific file is NOT safe.

Reactions: meladroit

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
That is not safe actually. Pokemon Rumble Blast also has /00slot00/00main.dat with a cAVIAR4\x00 identifier in the header. Other than those similarities, it is structured very differently. I know that for a fact since I just checked it's save file a bit ago. What I don't know, is if Rumble Blast is also compressed or not or if it uses a secure value. Having svdt make an assumption only on the file name, location, and the header in a specific file is NOT safe.
meladroit already explained that assumption never has priority over the users selected title, svdt will still ask for user confirmation. I hope we can soon pass the title from hbl to svdt, then ASR can be automatically set ON.

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meladroit already explained that assumption never has priority over the users selected title, svdt will still ask for user confirmation. I hope we can soon pass the title from hbl to svdt, then ASR can be automatically set ON.
is their a rumble blast editor ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the same issue. You're on old or new 3DS? Maybe there's a kind of different coding between these...
No. The reason games like MH4U and Sm4sh don't work right on O3DS is because they reboot into extended memory mode, clearing memory of all things it can to clear space, including Home Menu, which is what Ninjhax 2, and therefore svdt, run over. Ninjhax 2 takes control of home menu to execute code. On N3DS, this isn't a problem because of the extra memory. So those games don't have to clear memory.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No. The reason games like MH4U and Sm4sh don't work right on O3DS is because they reboot into extended memory mode, clearing memory of all things it can to clear space, including Home Menu, which is what Ninjhax 2, and therefore svdt, run over. Ninjhax 2 takes control of home menu to execute code. On N3DS, this isn't a problem because of the extra memory. So those games don't have to clear memory.
Try starting svdt in safe mode!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: