Suspected clone, anyone seen this card before?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Shapon, Apr 16, 2013.

Apr 16, 2013
  1. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
    I bought this card a couple years ago, and have since purchased an Acekard 2i. The older card did work for the older games, and my friend is interested in DS homebrew. I want to have him try this card as opposed to purchasing a new one, as were both pretty much broke. Does anyone know where i can get the original firmware for this? The card does not have a web address on it, and I lost the packaging years ago. I've attempted to install woods R4, but either it didn't take or i messed up. I uploaded some pictures to try to help with the ID.

I have tried a number of the firmwares on: http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
    and my usual google fu has turned up a number of cards with an inverted sticker. That is, a black background and gold dots.

I know the MicroSD card is not at fault because it worked when i first had this working, and because it works with my Acekard now.

006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

EDIT: Obnoxious full image is obnoxious.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The only original "R4" is "R4 Revolution For DS", or just "R4" for short on the sticker. It also lacked SDHC and DSi support.
    So yeah, it's clearly a different one. And yes, this means 99% of them aren't original. Welcome to Chinese goods.

Wood won't work on that one. Try YSmenu.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Shapon likes this.
  3. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
    Thanks! Ill give that a try and be back in 10.
    Oh wow. Should i just start trying all of them? Or?

The three I tried so far: R4i-clone, R4iSDHC YSMenu, and R4i-SDHC YSMenu all whitescreened. Im gonna keep trying the other R4 folders, but do you know of anything else that may work?

EDIT2: None of these seem to be working. Any other advice? The only thing i can find online is images that look similar to my card.

4. retrogamefan

Member retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    If it's the R4i-Gold cart I think it is, use the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder and Rename 1 copy of TTMenu.dat to R4i.dat

Shapon likes this.
  5. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
    Just made the attempt with both DSTTi clones. White screen on both.
    Stupid younger me buying a clone.

6. retrogamefan

Antarctica
  7. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
  9. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
  10. WigWrm

United States
  11. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
  12. WigWrm

United States
  13. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
  14. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
  15. retrogamefan

Antarctica
    All I can suggest to you is to try copying the contents of the DSTTi-Clone YSMenu folder and Rename 1 copy of TTMenu.dat to R4.dat or also try renaming to iLL.iL (so you should have 2 files : 1 called TTMenu.dat and a renamed TTmenu.dat called either R4.dat or iLL.iL)

it's all a matter of knowing for sure what your boot file is called on your carts original kernel...

16. WigWrm

United States
    imglayer.whatever is a mistake on their part. thats the subdomain for their images that they host on that site (soobest). The website is in fact r4i3d-multi.com (where you've already been). Unless those images were meant for a different product, I think you may be out of luck. Did the card work previously? Looks like it had the ability to be updated for dsi compatibility. Did you ever update it?

--Edit: Your card doesn't seem to be the one pictured even though it has the same front sticker. The PCB's are different. Silkscreen doesn't match and the contacts are differently shaped.

--Edit 2: Your PCB looks like the one from this thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-w-gold-pcb.277293/)

You should try these fw's from linfoxdomain ( R4i-SDHC r4i-sdhc.com.tw, r4i-sdhc.com.au Latest: v2.13c)

17. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
    Ill try this again, cause why not? I do know the card worked, but it was so long ago i have no idea what the kernel name was.
    EDIT: Unfortunately, did not work. Either filename.

Ill try those too. I never updated it to the dsi firmware, as I own a DS phat.
    Im pretty sure that my card and his are the same. Anyone know where i could get akaio 1.5.1?
    Sorry for the long delay, i fell asleep and had school

EDIT:Basically, this card is stubborn. Im out of ideas, does anyone have any other suggestions, or should I consider throwing in the towel?

18. WigWrm

United States
  19. Shapon
    OP

Newcomer Shapon Member

United States
    I was able to find the unmodded version. Unfortunately for me, it did not work. The akaio team was quite persistent in removing all of the download links. I suppose well just have to save up and get a new card.