Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an error during the Data Suite installation [....x.] (exactly like this)
I have already installed AGB_FIRM but I think I only installed it on EmuNand (Through FBI while on EmuNand mode). When I try to run rxmode on SysNand I cant launch any game or application (just like on SysNand)
What do I have to do?
Do you have cubic ninja? If so, it should be trivial to:
Launch Ninjhax->Launch PastaCFW->Launch Ninjhax again->Launch .3DSX version of FBI-> install AGB_FIRM. (And if that doesn't work, install FBI.cia from FBI.3Dsx then use FBI from the home menu to install AGB_FIRM.

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Do you have cubic ninja? If so, it should be trivial to:
Launch Ninjhax->Launch PastaCFW->Launch Ninjhax again->Launch .3DSX version of FBI-> install AGB_FIRM. (And if that doesn't work, install FBI.cia from FBI.3Dsx then use FBI from the home menu to install AGB_FIRM.
I dont have Cubic Ninja. I use the MSET exploit.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have Cubic Ninja. I use the MSET exploit.
Well, I would caution against this without a hard mod, but if you can start from scratch (format emunand... Because don't even try this if you have updated any firmware files on emunand) and get FBI.CIA installed to the fresh emunand, then use emunand tool to extract it, then use the GW launcher to flash it to sysnand (name the extracted emunand to NAND.bin, place it in the SD root, then hold UP while selecting GW's downgrade function).

Then you will have a way to install it when launching a CFW on sysnand. But be sure to backup both nands and the SD card before doing it. One mistake and you'll need to do a hard mod to fix it.

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Well, I would caution against this without a hard mod, but if you can start from scratch (format emunand... Because don't even try this if you have updated any firmware files on emunand) and get FBI.CIA installed to the fresh emunand, then use emunand tool to extract it, then use the GW launcher to flash it to sysnand (name the extracted emunand to NAND.bin, place it in the SD root, then hold UP while selecting GW's downgrade function).

Then you will have a way to install it when launching a CFW on sysnand. But be sure to backup both nands and the SD card before doing it. One mistake and you'll need to do a hard mod to fix it.
I dont understand, I have an 4.2 O3DS with MSET exploit installed. Why would I need to downgrade?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand, I have an 4.2 O3DS with MSET exploit installed. Why would I need to downgrade?
You aren't downgrading. When you hold UP on the d-pad, it flashes nand.bin to sysnand.

Edit: F&&$ck autocorrect...

And, this is only if you can install .cia files on emunand at the moment, but have no other way to install them on sysnand. I'm not sure about that stuff because I have everything I could need (GW, Sky, CN, OOT, Hard-mod).

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry but I cant understand this process. What am I exactly doing with this?
I was assuming you couldn't find a way to install a .cia file in sysnand. I was trying to help with that. After following my steps, you'd have FBI on sysnand and could run it by launching pastaCFW or something...

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I was assuming you couldn't find a way to install a .cia file in sysnand. I was trying to help with that. After following my steps, you'd have FBI on sysnand and could run it by launching pastaCFW or something...
Oh I see. Thank you, I will try that. But cant I install a CIA on sysnand trough the net or something along those lines? Can I do that with RXtools?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the patched 2.4 version of RXTools (with GBA working fine). Are there advantages to updating to the latest version? How do I update it if there are? Would I lose GBA support?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see. Thank you, I will try that. But cant I install a CIA on sysnand trough the net or something along those lines? Can I do that with RXtools?
Actually, forget all of it. Moot point since the latest rxTools can actually inject FBI into the H&S app anyway. Just get FBI on sysnand somehow, and run any CFW that has signature patches and boots into sysnand without using firmlaunchax. From there you should be able to install the proper AGB_FIRM or whatever you're trying to do.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, forget all of it. Moot point since the latest rxTools can actually inject FBI into the H&S app anyway. Just get FBI on sysnand somehow, and run any CFW that has signature patches and boots into sysnand without using firmlaunchax. From there you should be able to install the proper AGB_FIRM or whatever you're trying to do.
Devmode in rxtools actually has signature patches and no firmlaunchhax :P

Reactions: urherenow

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I tried injecting FBI into the Health and Security app but for some reason when trying to launch it I just get the normal H&S app

EDIT: Tried again with RXtools 2.5.2 with the same results. When trying to launch FBI I just get the mormal H&S app. Also, if I press a button and then close the text my console freezes and restarts, the next time I try it works as normal until installing FBI again.

Devmode in rxtools actually has signature patches and no firmlaunchhax :P
How do you launch devmode? Is it the same as launching rxtools on SysNand?

Last edited by Busterman587,

Busterman587

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I still cant solve this problem. I get an error while installing 2.6 ((. . . . . X .) and not (. . . . X . .) like the OP says) What is this error? Is it the lack of AGB_FIRM on SysNand? (I cant get FBI to run on SysNand and I already have it on EmuNand)

Last edited by Busterman587,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for some weeks.. Just got my SD card today

Can someone point me to the layman's tutorial on pastebin or something on how to set up the current best CFW+RXTools solution so I can get rolling?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to set up my 3ds so that I use Gateway mode for games on my red card and rxTools for playing my actual cartrdiges and DSiWare/GBAVC. Is there anything I should do to my emuNAND before adding rxTools to my SD card? This isn't my first time installing rxTools, but the first time I've installed it to dualboot with a Gateway setup. I just don't want to screw up the unlinked emuNAND that I've been using for a long time.

I vaguely remember there being issues with CIAs installed in Gateway mode. The only ones that I've installed in Gateway mode were BBM, SDF, PlayCoinSetter, various DLCs, the Smash Bros dummy app, and some emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny