Hacking Supercardtwo slowdown

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Well i've been reading on gbatemp and other forums abit about my problem and have so far not found any answers so i thought i might aswell ask you guys directly instead. So i bought the supercard two for my dsi and everything worked fine and dandy. However, when i started playing more and more games i noticed that in some places i got slowdowns (some major slowdowns and some minor). For instance in Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow if there are a couple of enemies on screen it'll slowdown (and don't even mean when there's too much going on even). And on the new Alice in wonderland i experience some slowdown, aswell as Gta: Chinatown wars. And i know it's not the actualy game since i've played the originals and on the R4 without these slowdowns. So I'm wondering if you guys could help me out and let me know if there's any solution to this?

As of now i've got the latest "firmware" for my Supercardtwo. When i put my games in i just put them on the root of the memory? xD (like directly on the memory card, no submenu), and when i browse the games and press x i see that they're all in "patch" mode apparently. And i've got a 8 gig Sandisk Micro SDHC memory card.'

Any help is really apreciated since i've not read or found anyone having similar problems.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've played through and beaten Dawn of Sorrows on my Supercard DSTWO and can't say I've had these problems. However I have heard that a few hand full of cards weren't processed right or some crap. This is my second Supercard I've own and I can tell ya they do amazing work. I also have and R4 and a Acekard 2i which also work great, I'm not sure though it may be an issue with the 8GB card try formatting it back to its default settings after you back up everything for the memory card. Then stick everything back on and put all your rom files in a folder called roms or something, it seems to work for me, I do that on all my emulators and flash cards. Hopefully this helps I'm not big on the tech aspects but I do love technology whether its in the form of a flash card or a game system.

FYI: whats going on with the Supercard DSTWO any ways when we gonna see updates to the GBA and SNES emulators?

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When i mean slowdowns, i mean like for maybe 1-3 seconds of slowdown, not anything übermajor but it's enough to warrant someone getting annoyed. Another example i can give is for instance the intromovie on dawn of sorrow lags aswell, which was an ancient problem but i thought was resolved with alot older flashcards. I'll try to reformatt and see what results i get, any suggestions on which formatter to use?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digeman said:
When i mean slowdowns, i mean like for maybe 1-3 seconds of slowdown, not anything übermajor but it's enough to warrant someone getting annoyed. Another example i can give is for instance the intromovie on dawn of sorrow lags aswell, which was an ancient problem but i thought was resolved with alot older flashcards. I'll try to reformatt and see what results i get, any suggestions on which formatter to use?
this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.