Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

no one really knows, it all depends on how you take care of it
I don't use it much because I have extra dstwo and other carts, but I'm guessing if the dstwo is your only cart and you use it everyday the life of the cart is a little shorter

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

I don't use it much because I have extra dstwo and other carts, but I'm guessing if the dstwo is your only cart and you use it everyday the life of the cart is a little shorter

wtf are they made off shit ? i just got one and if it going to last that little them i shuld get back to my old one that till works 4 years old

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

wtf are they made off shit ? i just got one and if it going to last that little them i shuld get back to my old one that till works 4 years old
besides you do have to pay a high price tag anyway so you should expect better quality

H

HateBreed

I'm hoping 3-5 years.. If not oh well.. I'm almost 18 I shouldn't be trying to play pokemon at 23

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Dter ic said:
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

besides you do have to pay a high price tag anyway so you should expect better quality
Funny, because the cheap R4's never die

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HateBreed said:
I'm hoping 3-5 years.. If not oh well.. I'm almost 18 I shouldn't be trying to play pokemon at 23
You know, that's what I do..
tongue.gif

Imo there is no age limit for playing Pokemon or other games.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dter ic said:
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

yes that what i mean my old cart was 60 dollars and it still works is been drop lots of times and is till like new

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Stevetry said:
Dter ic said:
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

yes that what i mean my old cart was 60 dollars and it still works is been drop lots of times and is till like new
You live in Puerto Rico, which can compete Israel with it's overprice and sucky second-hand market ("If it's mine it worths more, just because it used to be mine")
the fact it was $60 isn't suprising me, some flashcards in Israel such as Ak2i are $60

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chaosruler said:
Dter ic said:
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

Funny, because the cheap R4's never die

Sometimes my original DS won't recognise my old M3 cartridge first time but after taking it out and blowing on it, it usually works.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
RoMee said:
1 trillion years
biggrin.gif

learn how to read------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
but I'm guessing if the dstwo is your only cart and you use it everyday the life of the cart is a little shorter

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly why do people think it wil have a short life span ?
It should be the same as any other cart to be honest.

Only thing that people should be worried about is if the Processor fries or gets broken somehow, then it probably won't work.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
EJames2100 said:

Only thing that people should be worried about is if the Processor fries or gets broken somehow, then it probably won't work.
Processor = heat
heat = never good to any hardware

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had mine for 6 weeks now and all is well, I should think the stupid spring-mounted SD slot will go first.

I don't have much faith in the build quality.

Chaosruler said:
EJames2100 said:

Processor = heat

How much heat can that tiny CPU kick out?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
Processor = heat
It wouldn't seem to be much heat it's giving out. CPU that send out far more heat even with huge heat sinks and fans on 'em (such as the one in my desktop computer) last quite some time. OF course, I don't know what the heat tolerances of the CPU in the DSTWO is, but I'm thinking we don't have to worry about it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, CPU is enclosed in DS2 without any means to dissipate heat. So all the heat is trapped inside DS2. In the long run heat definitely is going to influence lifespan.

@9th_Sage

Without fan and heatsink, any PC CPU would've died within 5 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended